DVDVR Message Board

JULY WRESTLING DISCUSSION

In regards to taking breaks and what not, my advice is less walking away, and more finding your happy place.  I don't watch WWE or TNA, but right now, my happy place is the G1 Climax, just like it is every year.  There is also 1994 WWF on the Network.  There will always be something to remind you that you love it.

If only my sports fan crisis was this simple.

Content for the upcoming Sting DVD:

Disc 1

*Bringing the Game Up a Level

1. The Blade Runners vs. Brett Wayne Sawyer & Sean O'Reilly

UWF Power Pro Wrestling * April 1986

2. Sting & Rick Steiner vs. Mike Rotunda & Ron Simmons

NWA Southern Pro Wrestling * May 19, 1987

3. NWA World Heavyweight Championship: Ric Flair vs. Sting

NWA Pro Wrestling * January 2, 1988

*On the Map

4. Sting vs. Stan Lane

Main Event * October 2, 1988

5. Sting vs. Butch Reed

Main Event * March 26, 1989

*Superstar

6. NWA World Television Championship Match: Mike Rotunda vs. Sting

WCW World Championship Wrestling * April 1, 1989

7. Sting vs. Ron Simmons

WCW Power Hour * August 18, 1989

8. NWA World Television Championship Match: Sting vs. The Great Muta

WCW Power Hour * September 1, 1989

*Bleach Blonde Rivalry

9. NWA World Heavyweight Championship Match: Ric Flair vs. Sting

WCW Great American Bash * July 7, 1990

10. Sting vs. Dutch Mantel

Main Event * September 2, 1990

Disc 2

*Face of WCW

11. Sting vs. Nikita Koloff

Clash of the Champions XIV * June 14, 1991

12. Sting & The Great Muta vs. The Steiner Brothers

WCW/New Japan Supershow II * January 4, 1992

*Vader Rivalry

13. Bounty Match: Sting vs. Big Van Vader

WCW Worldwide * February 9, 1992

14. Sting, Barry Windham, Dustin Rhodes, & Ricky Steamboat vs. The Dangerous Alliance (Arn Anderson, Larry Zbyszsko, Rick Rude, & Bobby Eaton)

WCW World Championship Wrestling * February 22, 1992

15. Sting vs. Diamond Dallas Page

WCW Saturday Night * June 13, 1992

16. Sting vs. Barry Windham

WCW Saturday Night * February 6, 1993

*Face Paint

17. Sting vs. Steve Austin

WCW Pro Wrestling * January 8, 1994

18. Viewer's Choice Match: Sting vs. Ric Flair

WCW Nitro * November 6, 1995

19. Sting vs. Arn Anderson

WCW Nitro * July 8, 1996

20. Sting & Randy Savage vs. The Nasty Boys

WCW Saturday Night * July 27, 1996

Disc 3

*The Crow

-Sting Becomes Free Agent

WCW Nitro * October 21, 1996

21. WCW World Heavyweight Championship Match: Hollywood Hogan vs. Sting

WCW Starrcade * December 28, 1997

*Scorpion Death Lock

22. Sting & Lex Luger vs. Hulk Hogan & Randy Savage

WCW Nitro * February 16, 1998

23. Sting vs. Kevin Nash

WCW Nitro * April 6, 1998

24. Sting vs. Scott Steiner

WCW Thunder * April 22, 1998

*Wolfpac

25. Sting & Kevin Nash vs. Harlem Heat

WCW Nitro * June 15, 1998

26. Sting & The Warrior vs. Bret Hart & Hollywood Hogan

WCW Nitro * October 12, 1998

27. Sting vs. Bret Hart

WCW Nitro * October 19, 1998

*Rafters

28. Sting vs. Randy Savage

WCW Nitro * June 7, 1999

29. WCW World Heavyweight Championship Match: Booker T vs. Sting

WCW Nitro * July 31, 2000

30. 2/3 Falls Match: Sting vs. Jeff Jarrett

WCW Thunder * September 13, 2000

31. Sting, Booker T, & Goldberg vs. Jeff Jarrett & KroniK

WCW Thunder * October 25, 2000

32. Sting vs. Ric Flair

WCW Nitro * March 26, 2001

Anyone familiar with the New Heavenly Bodies? Booker T is bringing them in Saturday for his promotion's iPPV, and I 'm curious what to expect.

If its who I'm thinking of they're ok, nothing special, hell at this time they've been the Heavenly Bodies more tha Pritchard and Del Rey were, they've been around since at least 01, if its the guys from Florida that I'm thinking of.

• Like 1

Wow, that Sting DVD is a great mix. With some real highs and lows - I almost want to go rewatch Sting/Warrior vs Hogan/Hart. I remember it as being beyond shitty and some of the worst garbage I'd ever seen Bret in, but that was my first year as a young smark, so who knows. I may have been unduly influenced by Mr. Tito.

I guess I'll never get the Cena hate. They had two guys set to take his spot, and one got banged up and the other quit. He's not nearly as awful as HHH was ten years ago. They're trying to get Reigns to take his spot now, but that won't work. It feels like they're doing everything they can to replace Cena and circumstance just won't let them.

And it's not like Cena was anointed. WWE wanted Orton so badly in that spot, but just like what always happens when they try to make somebody The Guy, it failed and someone else came in there and took it over.

Wow, that Sting DVD is a great mix. With some real highs and lows - I almost want to go rewatch Sting/Warrior vs Hogan/Hart. I remember it as being beyond shitty and some of the worst garbage I'd ever seen Bret in, but that was my first year as a young smark, so who knows. I may have been unduly influenced by Mr. Tito.

I guess I'll never get the Cena hate. They had two guys set to take his spot, and one got banged up and the other quit. He's not nearly as awful as HHH was ten years ago. They're trying to get Reigns to take his spot now, but that won't work. It feels like they're doing everything they can to replace Cena and circumstance just won't let them.

And it's not like Cena was anointed. WWE wanted Orton so badly in that spot, but just like what always happens when they try to make somebody The Guy, it failed and someone else came in there and took it over.

While I'd ideally like Cena 1-2 slots below the main event on most PPV's, I cannot argue too much with him up top with the injuries and his consistently strong performances from 2006-2014. His overall body of work is incredible, and he is still pretty much at peak level in the ring. I am anticipating his match with Brock at SummerSlam just about as much as Daniel Bryan's two Mania matches, and also looked to potential future programs with Rollins, Reigns, a returning Daniel Bryan, and the other new stars.

Let's not pretend that being "face of the company" is some great reward.  I doubt few can survive working such a brutal schedule, especially for as long as Cena's been doing it on top, without burning out or look for a way out.

• Like 1

Anyone familiar with the New Heavenly Bodies? Booker T is bringing them in Saturday for his promotion's iPPV, and I 'm curious what to expect.

So I tried to look them up but could only find a picture on the promotion's Facebook. HOWEVER. I ended up watching some of the youtube show Reality of Wrestling has and some of it's a strange concept highlighted by some horrible acting. Basically you have the school, and Booker T has two wrestlers face off to determine who moves on to...I don't know the next round...the main show...something. However wins and losses don't matter it's the performance, but the announcers still act like the win is kind of sort of important but not really...

Midway through the show we get a promo from one of the competitors, his name is Ivan he can't speak a lick. Then at the end, after the meaningless match, Booker asks each guy to cut a 20 second promo on a future opponenent and it's still terrible. Book has this amazingly look on his face when he cuts him off. 

This episode is complete with horrible local commercials. Also Booker T trying to sell people on coming to his school and ending the pitch with "Now Can You Dig that....Sucka." is funny in a carny wrestling way.

Anyway. If anyone finds a match with the so-called New Heavenly Bodies bring it on. Oh and here's the link to the photo: https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t31.0-8/10514393_917077931640602_5414315405655290469_o.jpg

Re: Booker's company....never have been a fan of the ROW concept. The shows/characters were way better during the PWA days, but Houston was happy to give them some local TV time which has worked out well for the company, thankfully. I know a few of the wrestlers personally, and they're good guys.

Let's not pretend that being "face of the company" is some great reward.  I doubt few can survive working such a brutal schedule, especially for as long as Cena's been doing it on top, without burning out or look for a way out.

I think here is the basic problem; CM Punk didn't do half the shit Cena does and he still got burnt out. Vince knows he probably doesn't have another guy like that and will be loathe to drop him.

I am a bit burnt out at the moment. I'm going to Copenhagen to work for a few months, the hotel I'm in apparently has crappy wifi and so I might not be watching so much for a while (plus lots of hot women in that city). Stuff like HHH trolling the smarks about continuing to watch whatever they do also gave me pause.

Like I said previously I don't know if this is the same Heavenly Bodies but here's a match from 2010 against the Dark City Fight Club

Nope. Different guys. The New Heavenly Bodies (Vito DeNicci & Chris Nelson) in your link are both retired now. They used to be a prominent team on the Florida indy scene back in the early 2000s. Held the NWA World Tag Team titles a few times.

So technically, I guess, Booker's guys would be the New New Heavenly Bodies.

I looked at the ROW page and they have a guy apparently doing an exotico gimmick named Kelly Kevin

I can't even begin to explain why that makes me laugh

• Like 1

Like I said previously I don't know if this is the same Heavenly Bodies but here's a match from 2010 against the Dark City Fight Club

Nope. Different guys. The New Heavenly Bodies (Vito DeNicci & Chris Nelson) in your link are both retired now. They used to be a prominent team on the Florida indy scene back in the early 2000s. Held the NWA World Tag Team titles a few times.

Hell, Prichard and Eaton weren't even the original Heavenly Bodies. 

You had 

Al (not the Dog) and Don Greene 

Don Greene & Jerry Lawler

Stan Lane & Tom Prichard

Tom Prichard & Jimmy Del Ray

Vito DeNucci & Chris Nelson

So these would be the New New New New New Heavenly Bodies.

• Like 1

http://youtu.be/729KqD0X_vM

Hell, Prichard and Eaton weren't even the original Heavenly Bodies.

You had

Al (not the Dog) and Don Greene

Don Greene & Jerry Lawler

Stan Lane & Tom Prichard

Tom Prichard & Jimmy Del Ray

Vito DeNucci & Chris Nelson

So these would be the New New New New New Heavenly Bodies.

Eaton wasn't part of the Heavenly Bodies. It was Prichard & Lane. I do recall seeing video from SMW on youtube of Cornette bringing in Eaton to help the Bodies take out the RnR Express. The Express counter by bringing in Arn Anderson.

Eaton wasn't part of the Heavenly Bodies. It was Prichard & Lane. I do recall seeing video from SMW on youtube of Cornette bringing in Eaton to help the Bodies take out the RnR Express. The Express counter by bringing in Arn Anderson.

Yep. Screwed up and edited it to the proper Midnights member.

Basically the best counter to anything, wrestling related or not, is to bring in Arn Anderson.

Except if you're Dustin Rhodes.

I won't post it here because I don't hate anyone here that much, but there is a Jimmy Del Ray tribute video on youtube. It's 2:19 of Jimmy Del Ray gyrating and rubbing his chest. You've all been warned. If anyone seeks it out, your blood is not on my hands.

• Like 5

Basically the best counter to anything, wrestling related or not, is to bring in Arn Anderson.

On one of his podcasts, Austin talks about spray tanning and Arn Anderson's philosophy on it is, "fat looks better tanned".

• Like 1

If it was my job to interview wrestlers, whether for a magazine or website, I would make a point of asking every single one of them what their thoughts were on Marc Mero's annual salary.

It would be my own personal 'Stossal Incident'

• Like 3

If it was my job to interview wrestlers, whether for a magazine or website, I would make a point of asking every single one of them what their thoughts were on Marc Mero's annual salary.

It would be my own personal 'Stossal Incident'

Make sure to get them to do a Dusty impression. I feel like that's an interview requirement whenever any wrestler who's ever been within a 200 mile radius of Dusty regardless of whether or not they've actually worked with or for him.