DVDVR Message Board

Money in the Bank V

Dolfan in NYC

I don't watch current WWE that much anymore. But I have WWE Network and watched the main event just to see if they'd make it interesting. They did not. The leaning ladder spot was terrifying and Orton's RKO on Cesaro (I think?) was great, but as a ladder match, it seemed pretty average. And Cena does not interest me.

With the way that match was unfolding, I honestly thought that the finish would be Kane saying "fuck it" and going for the gold himself. 

Cena winning is literally the LEAST interesting thing that could've happened.

You do realize he is losing to Brock at Summerslam right?

I'm fine with Cena winning. I'm a fan and its pretty obvious he is losing to Brock. Whats more Cena/Brock II should be fantastic.

I fully understand why they go back to Cena.  Top star, most bankable, bad time with the stock, trying to shore up ratings, match with Lesnar at Summerslam... 

But it's far from interesting.

• Like 2

More thoughts: 

First ladder match was pretty awesome. Between Ambrose, Rollins, Kofi and Dolph it's amazing they all walked out on their own power. Just a ton of crazy shit.

Naomi and Paige was damn good. I think they have a real awesome match in them if given the time.

Stardust and his revamped moveset also awesome..

I like Cena. With that being said it's boring seeing him with the title. Especially when the match felt like it was about Reigns and Orton/Kane. 

Shouldn't Cena be at the "tag with an up and comer for a year to build to a hot angle where the kid turns on him" stage of his career? 

• Like 2

With the way that match was unfolding, I honestly thought that the finish would be Kane saying "fuck it" and going for the gold himself. 

Alberto del Rio, Sheamus, or Randy Orton would have been less interesting.

This is exactly what I was about to post. Ugh. If Brock murders him at SummerSlam then bring on his screams of rage. I sat there hoping HHH would call in Rollins and close out the show that ways but no, HE OVERCAME THE ODDS NEVER GIVE UP. Just feels like they pulled their usual panicky booking following an injury. Battleground better be more thought out then last year.

At least despite WWE's best efforts Wyatt, Reigns and Cesaro got good reactions.

I'm fine with Cena winning. I'm a fan and its pretty obvious he is losing to Brock. Whats more Cena/Brock II should be fantastic.

I'm not interested in Brock beating Cena for the belt. That match does not need the belt at all. Cena is at the point now where he SHOULD be a special attraction where his feuds don't need the belt to get over. 

I'm sorry but Brock beating Cena does not make me want Cena with the belt. I honestly don't want Brock with the belt unless it leads to SOMEONE getting over.

Alberto del Rio, Sheamus, or Randy Orton would have been less interesting.

Orton would have been far more interesting. Sheamus and Del Rio in a surprise with them replacing Orton would have also been far more interesting.

Just say no to more John Cena.

I fully understand why they go back to Cena.  Top star, most bankable, bad time with the stock, trying to shore up ratings, match with Lesnar at Summerslam... 

But it's far from interesting.

Honestly I think the only win that would have been truly interesting to me would have been Bray which wasn't happening with Summerslam around the corner.

I thought the tag title match was the best of the night. The briefcase match wasn't bad and the back body drop onto the ladder Rollins took was nasty. Main was cluttered and pretty nondescript. 

As much as I don't like Cena winning I am pretty hyped on Lesnar/Cena II as long as Brock wins. 

The show wasn't bad but I've seen better MITB PPVs.  I wasn't that impressed by either match but it is increasingly harder to come up with new material year after year.

Usos/Wyatts was a good opener. 

I actually thought Paige/Naomi was decent and they worked hard.  Naomi's ass is so nice, her tights can't contain it.  I can't stand Cameron and find her irritating.  The other Divas match was shit.  Who cares who bangs Fandango?  They're all so good looking, it isn't that hard to find someone else to bang if things don't work out with Fandango.

The first MITB was pretty easy to pick, either Dean or Seth, as the rest were geeks.  Dean and Seth are really becoming good stars, in their own rights, I just would've picked Dean over Seth.  Seth seems a little boring to me and doesn't come across as a main guy just yet, for me.

The second MITB was nothing special with a bunch of overused MITB/Ladder spots.  If your name isn't Orton, Cena, Kane, or Roman, you're a geek.  This should have been the match that made someone overnight and instead Cena wins.  I don't get that at all.  I like Cena, and he is very good, and the face of the WWE but at this point they need someone new alongside him.  I do realize that Reigns' time will come but this match should've created a new main star.

Yeah so.. I would also bitch about Cena but it's no use. He's the guy. The only problem is they are losing a ton of fucking money right now and MORE CENA is doubtful to gain more subs. Fuck 'em. At least there was a lot of other shit to enjoy.

Assuming the plan is Lesnar beats Cena at SS, that's the last PPV for people who subscribed right off the bat. The goal has to be retention. Lesnar as champ retains more people than anyone else who was in the main event tonight.

I'm not interested in Brock beating Cena for the belt. That match does not need the belt at all. Cena is at the point now where he SHOULD be a special attraction where his feuds don't need the belt to get over. 

I'm sorry but Brock beating Cena does not make me want Cena with the belt. I honestly don't want Brock with the belt unless it leads to SOMEONE getting over.

That would sort of be the point.

One thing to be said with that main is that when push came to shove it seemed like Cena was getting more crowd heat than anyone. He doesn't need the belt but it's ridiculous how much of a bigger star he is than anyone else in the company. Really Bryan and Punk have been the only guys to even get close and they are/were distant seconds. 

• Like 1