DVDVR Message Board

Money in the Bank V

Dolfan in NYC

What I didn't enjoy as much is, and somebody said this before, that if this were EWR, the "Kane was overused on the last show and the fans started to get sick of him" message would have popped up for the umpteenth time this year. 

If this were EWR, I'd also expect the following:

E-Mail From: Sophie

"You are pushing John Cena too high up the card, and the fans are starting to resent him"

E-Mail From: Road Agent

"Big E and Rusev work well together due to their similar styles in the ring"

E-mail From: Dolph Ziggler

"I think I should be higher up the card"

I just want to call out the Kofi ladder to springboard spot.  That was dope.  

Agree 100%. With all the crazy bumps last night, that one sort of got lost in the shuffle. I haven't seen it mentioned a lot amongst the various opinions I've been reading all day. Kofi's life is dope, and he does dope shit.

• Like 1

If Warrior came up today, the camera would be shaking right along with him like it does now. I knew someone was coming when someone pulled Zeb Colter out of the way just before Kane's pryo went off. Cena being champ is the only thing that makes sense since he has to defend vs Lesnar. at Summerslam. Unless Lesnar winds up costing him the belts before then.

Watching some older stuff on the Network, I miss the days when Triple H and The Rock were going to war over the IC belt and still considered TOP GUYS. It'd be nice to see the IC Title at play with the Shield blood feud. Or hell, give it to Bray. 

Watching some older stuff on the Network, I miss the days when Triple H and The Rock were going to war over the IC belt and still considered TOP GUYS. It'd be nice to see the IC Title at play with the Shield blood feud. Or hell, give it to Bray. 

I remember when HHH won the IC Title in '01 it's felt weird since he was the top heel behind Austin but he made it see as important as the WWF title.  When Jeff Hardy beat him it was such a  big deal really it title seemed important up until the invasion. I felt like Alberts run as IC champ was a big push for him but the invasion overshadowed it.

• Like 1

If Ultimate Warrior debuted today Cole and JBL would be shaking along with him and telling us how much Warrior just wants to have fun with the Universe when he sprints to the ring.

That's not the problem with Cole, in fact he rarely says anything like this. The problem is his is repeating whatever the writers hand to him instead of letting the interviews tell the story and then recapping it in a non-clunky way. 

Last night on the PPV he said that Harper said something like "we were outcasts and never had any shiny toys growing up, and so tonight we're going to take the championships from the Usos". 

There's the right way to say that to the fans "Harper said that tonight they are going to take the title from the Usos", and then maybe replay Harper saying that line (if that's the money line) in a video package. Instead Cole constantly recaps a paragraph of dialogue. It's clunky and rather dumb. If they want to market to kids that's fine, but kids are smarter than they are giving them credit for being. Just tell the story simply. Cole can be good, but he's covered up with too many expository bullshit things to just let there be air in the match. 

It's sad how much I hate Lawler's commentary.  I was a big fan of Memphis until the dying days of the USWA, and Lawler's probably in my personal top 10 (favorite wrestlers).  But, god, I wish he'd retire.

Rollins bump off the backdrop onto the suspended ladder which subsequently fell when he hit was amazing. I must have watched that 20 times. The ladder superplex was amazing g but hard to watch, just painful looking, probably moreso for Ambrose than Rollins

If Ultimate Warrior debuted today Cole and JBL would be shaking along with him and telling us how much Warrior just wants to have fun with the Universe when he sprints to the ring.

If anyone was going to have sex with a universe, it'd be the Ultimate Warrior

• Like 1