DVDVR Message Board

TNA Impact Wrestling Spoilers For 7/17 & 7/24

Kurt Angle cut a promo saying TNA has brought back the Six Sided ring to come back to their roots. He said It made them different as did talents like AJ Styles, The Motor City Machineguns and Jerry Lynn.

All of whom were lowballed on their last contract negotiations and now work for other companies, with better results in Styles and Shelly's cases.

This is I guess more taped for 7/24

*Bobby Roode def. MVP in a falls count anywhere match via Sharpshooter submission. Kenny King got involved but Eric Young fought him off.

*Gail Kim vs Taryn Terrell for the knockouts championship goes to a no contest when The Beautiful People interfere.

*Magnus & Bram def. Gunner & Mr. Anderson when Magnus pinned Anderson. After the match, Samuel Shaw runs out but gets taken down by Bram. Abyss makes the save and clears Bram & Magnus from the ring.

I'm kinda curious about how Snits looks these days. Has he worked anywhere since he left the WWE?

I thought he'd worked some indies, but there's nothing on his Wiki page between WWE and TNA.

I like to imagine Snitsky sitting beside the phone, waiting for a WWE call, still with his shaved head and gross teeth from his last run, just waiting for the call that never comes.  Waiting for a voice on the end to say "Gene, it's time to come home.  We like what you do to babies!"  And then, one day, he disconnects the phone, hangs up his self-made "It Wasn't My Fault" t-shirt, swallows his pride and puts in the call to Dixie "Got any room for a former hoss who hates babies?"

(By the way, in case you were worried WWE owned the trademark, his name is actually Eugene Snisky, so they're going to have to call him Johnny Stansky or something...but it's TNA so they'll probably change it)

WWE.com did a "Where are they now" feature on Sntisky about six months ago.  Mentioned that he does some wrestling, but he's mostly moved on to other things.  He apparently had a gig as A-Rod's bodyguard during his minor league rehab stint.

I'm assuming the Shaw stuff ends with him turning back heel and Christy Hemme turning heel with him.  No reason.  Just because. 

Also, a Hemme heel turn is the least logical way to go with that, so.... TNA!

• 3 weeks later...

Opening stuff with Angle was awkward, while Taz's promo was good and the whole Bully/Tommy thing just made me rooting for the heels. The matches themselves were pretty good outside of the MVP tag. Brittany-Madison was shockingly good given how bad Brittany tends to be, while the main event overdelivered. Aries-Sanada had a good finish, but the whole Gauntlet deal kinda sucked. Jeff Hardy's bump on the steps was insane - THE STEPS BENT! Then THE REAL MAIN EVENT, DIXIE CARTER came out to cut a dreadful promo - although she did at least bury Dreamer for crying. Dixie said there's nothing you can check off in the star column for Bully, and he's a C-rated star at best. Yup - that's a thing you want to bring up on this show. The 3D through the table was good, but 99% of the main event promo sucked.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/07/tna-impact-7-17-14-nyc-debut.html

Screens -

1862b9339487036.jpg

04319e339485935.jpg

148946339476231.jpg

a2b5dd339485255.jpg

627852339485271.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/jxvairyafkp5mvvq88nv5pqg7yii6npp

Man that Christy picture is scary as hell.   It is like the doctor told her to smile real wide while he triples the dosage of botox into her face   :o

I will say the picture quality was amazing for this show for what little I saw.  The combination of the building and the lighting really made everything shine much more than in the past

(By the way, in case you were worried WWE owned the trademark, his name is actually Eugene Snisky, so they're going to have to call him Johnny Stansky or something...but it's TNA so they'll probably change it)

Gene Siniski?

Gene Siniski?

Eugene Siskel and Ebert Jackson!

Just flipped on Impact in the middle of a Aries/Angle/MVP/Lashley promo that's doing more for my sleep cycle than the 10 beers and 4 Simply Sleep I've had, but I have to give credit where credit is due: the overall aesthetic of the show from the Manhattan Center is actually pretty rad.

I am going to assume that Muta is working on his 3rd or 4th gear because he was working Robbie E and wasn't worth it but man I hope he kicks it up if he is going to have matches against Storm or Senada in TNA or Wrestle-1.    Talk about sluggish. 

As someone who doesn't really follow Japan wrestling, why is there wiring in the back of Muta's mask.   Does it light up in the dark?  

This crowd really likes to yell ECW but overall they really don't care much for this Dixie's family vs Dreamer/Dudleys gimmick.  Maybe it will be different when the big table spot occurs a week or so from now.

Muta's match against Sanada already happened in W-1 and I liked it - he can't do much, but he did everything he could in that match.

------------------------------------------

Other than Roode-MVP being awful and featuring the worst Sharpshooter ever done by a Canadian, I loved this show! Everything with Muta was fun. Well, the match was a tad sad, but the Sanada angle was just perfect. You had Storm as the devil on the shoulder literally clad in red making fantastic faces while Sanada figuratively stole Muta's legacy by taking his moves from him. Taryn-Gail III was fun, and Low-Ki's massacre of DJZ was a blast too. The new Aristra bodysuit looks good on him - hopefully this run lasted longer than two shows and he doesn't fuck up yet another chance in wrestling. What a wasted talent he is, and it's his own doing. The debut of BIG ZEKE HE USED TO GO BY and Snitsky wasn't good. I love the idea of Dixie countering the original ECW with the REAL ECW - Vince McMahon's vision of it. Maybe Steph will give her a retweet.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/07/tna-impact-7-24-14.html

Screens 

02f424340931140.jpg

0eebf4340931159.jpg

11c324340935768.jpg

a7d2c7340937220.jpg

b0b3ea340937207.jpg

1a72e9340937294.jpg

9d00e0340938235.jpg

7b88da340938245.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/ja9ixiy00uaut7g3no3hr84tbo9b2c0l

Snitsky with the beard kinda looks like Giant Butcher Vachon. I was hoping Taz recognized him by his horrible teeth but it looks like he dropped thst gimmick. Maybe he's bucking for a toothpaste ad.