DVDVR Message Board

Random TNA News - may contain peanuts, spoilers or Orbitz gum

ODB is done with the company as her contract expired

Of course - since I can't remember the last time she was used... many might have thought she was already done

Damn it. Her awesome big fake boobs aside, ODB was actually my favorite of the knockouts to watch work. Kinda surprised, since she's  storyline married to Eric Young, and he's become one of their top guys.
I wanna say "ditto", cuz I worked with ODB a buncha times and I love that girl. But I don't know if she WANTS to stay with them or not, at this point. Jess has a bunch of side gigs, doing a little acting and a lot of celebrity bartending, which she genuinely enjoys. So she'll probably be okay.

First AJ, then Bully, now ODB?!??!

GODDAMN WHY CAN'T WE HAVE ANYTHING NICE????

I'm convinced it annoyed them that she was so over with the crowds. It's that old rasslin mentality where "well its great you're over...but we don't want you over". Of course it can be said that TNA always resented that the women out drew the men. ODB they always screwed around with (bad pun...I know). But they did it to her like they did to Eric Young for years. Star and stop pushes...gone for long periods of time. But she'd always come back and always be over.

I don't accept it, but I can understand why corporate WWE would want to control the narrative. I don't understand why struggling TNA would want to control the narrative. That makes zero sense to me. If the company is not making money why would anyone in the company be pissed that ODB is more over than Magnus? I don't understanding wrestling logic and probably never will.

• Like 1

Two days after it happens, it'll probably be disproven once again.

Anyway, how's about taking a hint from the other thread being locked...

You mean the thread that was locked because it was ultimately superfluous?

Eh, I'll just wait until the end of the year, when a new one opens up.

I don't accept it, but I can understand why corporate WWE would want to control the narrative. I don't understand why struggling TNA would want to control the narrative. That makes zero sense to me. If the company is not making money why would anyone in the company be pissed that ODB is more over than Magnus? I don't understanding wrestling logic and probably never will.

Wreslting logic is something that no one will quite understand. If it were any other business on earth, everyone in any position of power in TNA would have been shitcanned years ago. But since its wrasslin...its par for the course.

Velocity and Speed are two different networks.  Speed Network was owned by Fox, but is now defunct,  It became Fox Sports 1, not Velocity.  Velocity has been around for about three years and was originally Discovery HD Theater/HD Theater before being rebranded.

And, yeah, the Velocity deal is being reported as being 1/4 of the money Spike pays for the rights to the programming.  It's probably not a viable option, if that's true.

Most people thing Spike has no issue in keeping TNA long-term.  The year-end extension may just be to give them time to find another solution.

Edit: 25% isn't really better than nothing.  TNA was barely paying the bills under the old deal (which included Fox helping with some salaries and other miscellaneous expenses).   Meltzer doesn't even think Spike is a realistic option anymore because Spike would demand a steep cut in the rights fee to keep them.  Basically, any deal which offers what they got from Spike or less probably = company shutting down.

It was also mentioned earlier in the other thread that Spike would have extended the same courtesy to WWE, but WWE was clearly on it's way out, among other things, and Spike did nothing to help WWE.

Most people thing Spike has no issue in keeping TNA long-term. The year-end extension may just be to give them time to find another solution.

What does that even mean? And who are these "most people"?

Sorry, made a typo and worded it vaguely.  I mean to say that the thinking is Spike has no intention (not issue) of working out a long-term deal.  They're just trying not to hurt the company by giving it some time to find a new home.

Most people = articles I've read on the extension.  FWIW, the only other website I use besides this one is Metlzer's, so most of the coverage I've seen is articles in mainstream press//websites that cover cable ratings and such - not dirtsheets.  Supposedly, the cable industry thinks Spike is going to get out of the wrasslin' business. 

Well, clearly the cable industry is colluding with Meltzer and TMZ to lie about the situation, because EN090 seems to know what's going on better than anyone else but remember he's not an apologist for TNA so don't you dare call him that.