DVDVR Message Board

Random TNA News - may contain peanuts, spoilers or Orbitz gum

So if TNA tapes all their shows for October in September, will anyone buy Bound For Glory? This seems like a disaster waiting to happen, didn't WCW do this in the early 90's and their tag champs got hurt? What if Lashley gets hurt at the Bellator fight and can't compete at Bound For Glory?

Nobody's perfect. In any case opinions are opinions, and facts are facts.

Surprised you know the differance. Real quick, opinion or fact?

1)TNA was not sold.

2)TNA is still in business.

3) TNA is still on Spike TV.

So if TNA tapes all their shows for October in September, will anyone buy Bound For Glory? This seems like a disaster waiting to happen, didn't WCW do this in the early 90's and their tag champs got hurt? What if Lashley gets hurt at the Bellator fight and can't compete at Bound For Glory?

Yes, they did.  Austin and Pillman were the champions going in to the tapings, and they were supposed to lose to Arn and Roma.   Then after the tapings but before the title switch Pillman broke his ankle (in a squash match, mind you) so the actual title match was Arn and Roma beating Austin and Regal, although at least Austin was the one who got pinned.

It gets better, though.  Before Pillman got injured, he and Austin had a PPV match against (you guessed it) Arn and Roma, which was supposed to be the title change but Bischoff changed the finish to the Blonds retaining as a swerve.

Eno, if you seriously think TNA has the longevity of, say, WWE ... that this shitty, shitty vanity project will not eventually go the way of the dodo, the dinosaur, and Dillinger .... you are in need of injectible antipsychotics. Or a fucking exorcism.

There's a kernel of truth in pretty much everything EN posts. However, it's clear he gives TNA the benefit of the doubt on pretty much every story (and to be fair, they're actually not dead yet despite all the claims for years that they were on their last legs).

I don't know why anyone bothers to argue anymore. It's the same stuff all the time. Do I think TNA was for sale and almost purchased by Jarrett? Yeah. Of course Janice Carter would deny the rumor. I mean, doesn't every company that's in the process of being sold deny it until it becomes reality? I don't put 100% stock into what any side declares because unless you're one of a select few, it's impossible to know the whole truth.

And let's be honest, if/when TNA does go out of business, I think we all know that EN will just say, "yeah but that's like claiming it's gonna be sunny everyday even though it kept raining... it'd be sunny eventually!" or something like that and still no one will be content.

• Like 1

Actually, Davey Richards DID get hurt. He broke his leg at a house show. But since they taped so far in advance he might be fully healed by the time Bound for Glory comes around.

Actually, Davey Richards DID get hurt. He broke his leg at a house show. But since they taped so far in advance he might be fully healed by the time Bound for Glory comes around.

Yeah but it's Davey Richards. He could probably no-sell being shoot injured.

• Like 1

I'm kinda late to the conversation, but I think our Meltzer basher is forgetting that even on the level of reporting about wrestling, reporting evolves over time.

Let's say Meltzer talks to someone in the company, and maybe as far as that person knows, it's get a new deal with Spike or they're screwed.

Later on he talks with someone else in the company, maybe higher up the food chain, who says "no, we were talking with this rinky-dink network no one has, too."

Meltzer should at least point out that his reports that Spike was the only suitor (he's a suitor! He's bonafide!) were incorrect upon him getting new information. Maybe the first guy was lying to him, but Meltzer can't burn a bridge by calling the first guy a liar.

Look, until Meltzer's work actually appears in the New York Times, he can't be treated by the same standards as the New York Times. The Meltzer hate kills me, it's completely undeserved.

• Like 2

"he agreed with an assessment of his income as being in six figures."

That part always amazes me. The guy took writing about wrestling and made into a way into a sustainable upper class lifestyle.

I'm kinda late to the conversation, but I think our Meltzer basher is forgetting that even on the level of reporting about wrestling, reporting evolves over time.

Let's say Meltzer talks to someone in the company, and maybe as far as that person knows, it's get a new deal with Spike or they're screwed.

Later on he talks with someone else in the company, maybe higher up the food chain, who says "no, we were talking with this rinky-dink network no one has, too."

Meltzer should at least point out that his reports that Spike was the only suitor (he's a suitor! He's bonafide!) were incorrect upon him getting new information. Maybe the first guy was lying to him, but Meltzer can't burn a bridge by calling the first guy a liar.

Look, until Meltzer's work actually appears in the New York Times, he can't be treated by the same standards as the New York Times. The Meltzer hate kills me, it's completely undeserved.

Ok, so we shouldn't hold him to any kind of standards what-so-ever? We should just accept everything he writes and he's credibility is immune from any kind of questioning?

Its crazy how this guy has the entire internet wrapped around his finger.

Ok, so we shouldn't hold him to any kind of standards what-so-ever? We should just accept everything he writes and he's credibility is immune from any kind of questioning?

Its crazy how this guy has the entire internet wrapped around his finger.

4jmcs8.jpg

• Like 4