DVDVR Message Board

Random TNA News - may contain peanuts, spoilers or Orbitz gum

I have often thought about starting this thread just for random tidbits that happen to TNA that end up getting buried in the Discussion thread because reasons.

Like the Matt Hardy thing probably would have worked.

But even better is that apparently TNA is running a poll where the fans are deciding if they use the 4 or 6 sided ring for the NY tapings

BqYgNABCIAAOXQ0.jpg

I saw on Twitter yesterday Dixie tweeted to Bully Ray that she was "pulling him off his appearance" on the Opie and Anthony show this morning and Bully tweeted back screw you I'm going on. So is Dixie suddenly doing all this kinda of stuff where she's pulling people off shows because MVP blew his knee out and they need someone to do all the wrestling operation stuff or is this completely separate from that and its just TNA being TNA.

Proving the point of this thread, what was the Matt Hardy thing?

He is back with TNA - at least for the NY tapings.

Teaming with Jeff

I may have touched on this in the omnibus thread, but I was home on a Thursday and caught Impact a few weeks ago. What the hell is the point of this Willow thing? Especially when Voodoo Chili and The Taz are going on about how it's "Jeff Hardy's alter-ego." Initially I thought it was supposed to be like a Midnight Rider/Mr. America type thing, but apparently that's not the case. Now, I haven't been a big Jeff Hardy guy in years, but the guy DOES have his fans-- why would you put one of the biggest name guys you have left (relatively speaking) under a hood? And STILL acknowledge it's the same guy? Just makes absolutely no sense to me.

Regarding the ring situation, I think reading the last few tweets from Austin Aries speaks volumes (read from bottom up):

Please don't misinterpret #6sides as unsafe or dangerous. Decision makers at @IMPACTWRESTLING would never put us in that position. #4sides

Guess I accomplished stirring up some debate on #4sides or #6sides. We all have opinions, and I shared mine from a different perspective.

For those curious, I find #6sides to be far less forgiving on the body and harder to maneuver around, especially on the top rope. #4sides

...this is the appropriate place for it, nor do I feel the potential risk outweighs the potential benefit for the wrestlers.

Please understand, I DO think the fans voices should be heard, and I'm all for an interactive experience, BUT I'm not sure...

What's wrong with wrestling? Letting people who've never done it, and never put their bodies on the line, run the show. #DoesntWork #4sides

So the people who don't wrestle are letting people who don't wrestle decide what I have to wrestle in? Great idea. My body, my vote. #4sides

Work shoot...they also pulled Bully off a House of Hardcore show and told people that if they brought ticket stubs from that event to any of the NY shows Bully would give free autographs.

Yeah, I know its one of those dumb worked shoots but the whole thing with Tommy's H.O.H. doesn't make any sense unless TNA is secretly funding it (which might explain how he's doing so many shows all of a sudden). 

I guess this is building up to Hardcore Justice/ECW: The Walking Dead

• Like 1

Also possibly eating grapes and smoking meth. Is anyone going to the NY shows?

I thought about it (if only because I've been watching early RAWs on the network, and I kinda wanna see live wrestling in the Manhattan Center) but ultimately, it's gonna be a pain in the ass to get to NYC straight from work on a weekday, and I'm pretty sour on TNA at this time. I honestly don't feel like I'll be missing much (which bums me out, actually-- I'm not trying to be negative for the sake of being negative).

The NYC crowd is always a smart crowd so the show could be enjoyable for unplanned reasons if the planned shows completely blows. I shouldn't put faith in TNA but they hopefully know that putting on a stinker of a show in New York could really hurt them, so I think they may run a stacked show.

I have seen some of Aries's comments about fans running the show or calling botches and I can't tell if he is just passionate and opinionated or just a complete asshole.

Also possibly eating grapes and smoking meth. Is anyone going to the NY shows?

I'm going to the Thursday Destination X taping. Either they put on a good show or I get to see fans riot, so really I can't lose.

The NYC crowd is always a smart crowd so the show could be enjoyable for unplanned reasons if the planned shows completely blows. I shouldn't put faith in TNA but they hopefully know that putting on a stinker of a show in New York could really hurt them, so I think they may run a stacked show.

I have seen some of Aries's comments about fans running the show or calling botches and I can't tell if he is just passionate and opinionated or just a complete asshole.

According to AJ Styles, the six sided ring takes way more of a toll on your body. So much so that he stopped taking top rope suplexes at one point.

You know what else takes more of a toll on your body? Doing stupid bumps, matches and dives in insignificant shows to a couple of people. I enjoy a spotfest as much as the next guy but seeing TNA workers complain about safety is kind of ironic, even if the 6 sides difference is that relevant.

You know what else takes more of a toll on your body? Doing stupid bumps, matches and dives in insignificant shows to a couple of people. I enjoy a spotfest as much as the next guy but seeing TNA workers complain about safety is kind of ironic, even if the 6 sides difference is that relevant.

The complaint is structural, and something workers might actually have input in. I would be thrilled if TNA turned into some kind of neo-PWFG and just did conceptual mat-based shootstyle, but their current way of working matches is what it is, a contemporary tendency in pro-wrestling that's been developing for a couple decades. A campaign to change that would be a huge thing, this is just someone pointing out that they'd REALLY prefer working in a regular ring.

I may have touched on this in the omnibus thread, but I was home on a Thursday and caught Impact a few weeks ago. What the hell is the point of this Willow thing? Especially when Voodoo Chili and The Taz are going on about how it's "Jeff Hardy's alter-ego." Initially I thought it was supposed to be like a Midnight Rider/Mr. America type thing, but apparently that's not the case. Now, I haven't been a big Jeff Hardy guy in years, but the guy DOES have his fans-- why would you put one of the biggest name guys you have left (relatively speaking) under a hood? And STILL acknowledge it's the same guy? Just makes absolutely no sense to me.

It's more like Mick Foley as Cactus Jack or Mankind.  Or Beyonce as Sasha Fierce.  We know who he is.  He's a nutjob who uses an alternative persona to act out and do things he wouldn't normally do.

I actually like the Willow character.  It takes the real-world insanity of Jeff Hardy and turns it up to eleven.

• Like 1

It's more like Mick Foley as Cactus Jack or Mankind.  Or Beyonce as Sasha Fierce.  We know who he is.  He's a nutjob who uses an alternative persona to act out and do things he wouldn't normally do.

I actually like the Willow character.  It takes the real-world insanity of Jeff Hardy and turns it up to eleven.

No, it doesn't. It's just Jeff playing dress-up and cackling like a moron while wearing velvet and a faux-Warlord vest while Tenay blathers on about how unpredictable he is.