DVDVR Message Board

Random TNA News - may contain peanuts, spoilers or Orbitz gum

I'll trust Meltzer 1000x over - for all the times he's been right moreover than he's been wrong - before I would take the word of some arbitrarily contentious asshole on a message board* shouting, "Nuh UH."

*But not Twitter. Never Twitter.

• Like 1

i'd be more trusting of dave if we hadn't seen the recent mess with the Triplemania results, although that might be because he was too busy with other stuff (MMA, going to LA for Summerslam) and not trusting his sources, be it Dr. Lucha or Carlos.

I'm sure if Rob is reading this thread, he can talk about the crazy stuff that happened the other week with Dave.

I'd be more trusting of Dave if his newsletter didn't read like a 5th grade English paper. And, of course, if his TNA stuff  was ever accurate.

I'll trust Meltzer 1000x over - for all the times he's been right moreover than he's been wrong - before I would take the word of some arbitrarily contentious asshole on a message board* shouting, "Nuh UH."

Personal attacks? Is that ban-worthy? If not, it should be.

And my posts are pretty tame, considering the nonsense peddled by other people, such as yourself.

I'd be more trusting of Dave if his newsletter didn't read like a 5th grade English paper. And, of course, if his TNA stuff was ever accurate.

And my posts are pretty tame, considering the nonsense peddled by other people, such as yourself.

So being a condescending jerk is ok, then?

Tell you what, I'll make a deal with you ... I'll block/ ignore your dumb shit, and you don't IM me ever again; and to answer your question, no I won't because I'm heterosexual. But good luck in your search.

Incidentally, TNA tix for the Japan show go on sale Aug 31. May be the last Bound for Glory ever.

I'd be more trusting of Dave if his newsletter didn't read like a 5th grade English paper. And, of course, if his TNA stuff was ever accurate.

May be the last Bound for Glory ever.

STOP-DIGGING-HD-300x207.jpg

Korauken can look empty really easily vs. The usual papering and camera angles they can pull off in the states, I'd they wind up with 1,200 tickets sold is Japan the type of market where they can just give the tickets away to fill seats?

Ok, so we shouldn't hold him to any kind of standards what-so-ever? We should just accept everything he writes and he's credibility is immune from any kind of questioning?

Its crazy how this guy has the entire internet wrapped around his finger.

You DO realize it's kind of ridiculous how you keep attacking Meltzer's credibility when you're the guy who OBVIOUSLY lied about never having a twitter account and have completely ignored that subject since everyone has been calling you out on it?

A) I'm not a wrestling "journalist" who this board seems to bow at the feet of. So yeah, apples n oranges.

B ) deflecting the subject to a fake twitter account says a lot.

I've never had a twitter account. If there is a means out there to prove that, I'd be glad to. Otherwise, you guys can continue I have your fun.

And think about it--I've been having this arguments on here for YEARS. Why would I delete the thing? Especially now, when its obvious how much of a hack Meltzer. I'd be going twitter crazy right now.

A) I'm not a wrestling "journalist" who this board seems to bow at the feet of. So yeah, apples n oranges.

B ) deflecting the subject to a fake twitter account says a lot.

I've never had a twitter account. If there is a means out there to prove that, I'd be glad to. 

What a crock of shit. You've yet to prove your biggest bitchfest against Meltzer, that he said TNA was shutting down years ago.

Go look at the 50 page thread buddy. You know, the one where all of you were dancing on their empty grave based in part by his reporting.

If we're dancing on an empty grave, it's only because TNA is still on life support and Spike can find it in their hearts to pull the plug.

Look, there are plenty of "journalists" in the field today who write TONS worse than Meltzer. He has his moments where English isn't his friend, but I'm telling you, you can't hold him to the same standard as a writer at a daily newspaper.

He has his niche. He has cultivated his niche. Niche journalism doesn't have to play by the rules of mainstream journalism. 

And I cannot see how anyone could read what the guy writes and think he doesn't know shit about wrestling. Nearly every criticism he has of today's stuffing is absolutely spot on. He knows what he knows very well. Could he work a police beat at a small daily newspaper? Hell no. But he doesn't have to, he's doing much better than that.

He's a "wrestling journalist," not a "journalist," and comparing the two is apples and oranges.

Korauken can look empty really easily vs. The usual papering and camera angles they can pull off in the states, I'd they wind up with 1,200 tickets sold is Japan the type of market where they can just give the tickets away to fill seats?

TNA will fill Korakuen

Anyone else let down by the mini slap fight between rovert and ENO? The two most pedantic, narrowly focused dudes ever...I thought it would be an epic.

1*

How am I narrowly focused? This message board barely watches anything modern outside of WWE.

I don't get arguing with a EN90 for days. That's narrowly focused.

Narrowly Focused: http://deathvalleydriver.com/forum/index.php?/topic/2418-tmz-report-that-tna-wrestling-is-cancelled/

Rovert: Do you live in Dave Meltzer's basement?

You already used that line. Great banter mate.

This thread's title isn't "Chase EN90 Around The Schoolyard" yet anyway. I just don't understand it that's all. Just seems very one note. Actually discussing TNA would be more interesting.

Don't worry, soon enough Meltzer will grace us with some more "news" about how they don't have any networks lined up, or that the deal with Velocity fell through, or whatever. And parasites like Cool Arrow, Nate, Greenbat, and the rest will run to this thread and piss on the empty grave some more. And then those things won't happen and it'll go quite again.

It'll pretty much keep going round and round like it has since 2002. Its really quite predictable.