DVDVR Message Board

Random TNA News - may contain peanuts, spoilers or Orbitz gum

The Rolling Stones still fucking perform. Paul McCartney just did a tour and he can't hit high notes. A company can't do a fucking ECW throwback thing in Hammerstein?! That shit JUST HAPPENED.

ps. Wow. Can you imagine being a commentator and being told Vincent fucking Russo will now be advising you?

Dude... Zak Starkey is a drummer.

And a much better one then his old man to boot. Then again he did learn from Keith Moon.

I don't mind older guys being brought in as long as they can still go. I'm guessing Tajiri will be feuding with Senada as part of that Wrestle 1 deal since Senada just turned his back on Muta. I'm going to the show on the 7th. BEER SAKE vs. Muta/Tajiri needs to happen.

When I sent them an application last year, I put together this "worksheet" to book my writing samples towards...

November 24, 2013

BFG October'14 (presumably)

6-Man Elimination Tag
Spud's stable v. former [redacted]
[redacted] up.  Blow-off.  Dixie disbands Spud's stable next Impact.
Maybe surviving winners move on to challenge for X-Division Title if nothing better for X Champ.

===

X-Division Title
?

===

TV Title
EC3 defending v. Chris Hero (change his name)
No time-limit.  If EC3 gets counted out or DQ'd he loses title.  Sum of EC3's title defense bonuses also on the line.  EC3 brings briefcase full of cash with him.
Hero up.  Tosses some of the cash into the crowd.  Blow-off of 3-month feud.
Dixie disowns EC3 next Impact.  Vignettes of him sleeping on Spud's couch.  Maybe mix him up with The Hobo Army.

===

KO Tag Title Finals
BP v. Sarita/Goya Kong
BP up.
Either BP win with Rosita's help and all turn heel or BP win when Rosita "accidentally" costs Kong match.  Either way Rosita turns on Sarita afterwards.
Depending on if she's still sufficiently fat enough can bring back Awesome Kong as Goya's "cousin" for six-man tag.

===

Tag Title
Bad Influence defending v. Hardys
Hardys up.

===

KOTM Tag
Bradley/Gunner/Terry v. Angle/Jarrett/Sting
Ladder match with Angle's gold medal hanging over ring.  Pull down the medal, win the match.  Fuller and Karen locked in seperate penalty boxes.
If Stud Stable win: Karen has to be Fuller's maid for November, Golden gets Angle's medal, and Bradley/Gunner/Terry get Angle/Jarrett/Sting's HOF watches.
If Angle/Jarrett/Sting win: Fuller has to be Karen's butler for November and Golden has to wear turkey suit at Thanksgiving Impact.
Angle/Jarrett/Sting up.

===

Strap Match
Styles v. Magnus
Styles up.

===

KO Title
?

===

WHC
Storm defending v. Roode
Roode up.

-------

BFG Series
Two blocks of four.
Block A = 3 former BFG Series winners + winner of (TV v. X v. Tag v. Tag) Champions qualifier.
Block B = Winners of Wheel Of Dixie qualifier matches.
Round robin style with exception of opening gauntlet battle royal with all 8 for 20+ points and one 4-way gimmick match per block TBD by Wheel Of Dixie for 20+ points.

Points leader of Block A meets leader of Block B at (whatever September's big show is) to determine winner of BFG Series and main event challenger at BFG.

Get Destination X moved to post-Lockdown.  X-Division Title X-change too close to BFG Series.

I must've liked the Wheel Of Dixie.  I kept working it into shit.  I barely remember it now though.

Don't remember why I made Styles/Magnus a strap match.  Probably would've come out of the BFG Series but I didn't write that out.

I really only brought the Knockouts Tag Titles back so I could get a Tracy Smothers/Super Porky dance-off in the semis with the Smothers Twisted Daughters vs. Sarita/Goya Kong.

Why would TNA do anything to anger Spike when their future is in Spike's hands?

Russo has scandalous pictures of Bob Carter with barnyard animals. Has to. There is no other explanation for why TNA is now actively lying to business partners, at a time when they need all the help they can get, just to keep him on board. 

My theory is he cries and Dixie feels sorry for him so she keeps bringing him back.  Nash cried and got let out of his contract to go to WWE.  You want something from Dixie Carter, cry like a bitch.

Why would TNA do anything to anger Spike when their future is in Spike's hands?

Russo has scandalous pictures of Bob Carter with barnyard animals. Has to. There is no other explanation for why TNA is now actively lying to business partners, at a time when they need all the help they can get, just to keep him on board. 

My theory is he cries and Dixie feels sorry for him so she keeps bringing him back.  Nash cried and got let out of his contract to go to WWE.  You want something from Dixie Carter, cry like a bitch.

Hey, it got us our first Hardcore Justice show, eh?

A new addition to the TNA roster:

TNA Wrestling Signs American War Hero Chris Melendez to Multi-Year Agreement

NEhc90u.jpg

TNA Wrestling is happy to announce the signing of a true American hero! Chris Melendez is a former Army Sergeant, who served his country in Afghanistan and was awarded a Purple Heart. Because of injuries suffered in combat, the brave soldier returned home a single leg amputee. Melendez, a member of the Wounded Warrior Project, had another dream to realize when he returned home. He dreamed of becoming a pro wrestler.

Chris’ remarkable story begins as a kid growing up in Spanish Harlem. His grandmother introduced him to professional wrestling at a young age and, ever since, he has been hooked.

“The ability to captivate an audience without having to say any words is what got me hooked.”

Inspired by his father, a Vietnam Vet, and compelled by the events of September 11, Chris joined the U.S. Army at the young age of 17. At age 19, and with only 23 days of his Iraq deployment remaining, he sustained horrifying life-threatening injuries from an IED.

“When I was able to open my eyes after the explosion I looked across the battlefield to see what I thought was a fellow-soldier in need of help. I quickly realized it was my leg.”

After being resuscitated three times and enduring numerous emergency surgeries and procedures, Melendez’s long road of recovery took him to Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio, Texas. Through pure grit and determination, cutting edge science and technology delivered via the VA, and support from friends, family and The Wounded Warrior Project, Melendez was walking with a prosthetic within 40 days.

In 2012, Melendez entered Team 3D Academy of Professional Wrestling in Florida where he trained day-in and day-out under the tutelage of Bully Ray and Devon. Now, TNA Wrestling can announce the signing of Chris Melendez to a multi-year contract.

Still known in the locker room as “Sarge”, Melendez is set to make his debut for the company during the August 5-7 tapings at New York City’s legendary Manhattan Center.

Yknow what ... goddammit. That would have been the mind of thing, in the right hands, that would have gotten eyeballs on TNA. I would WANT to see that guy succeed, to make his way up the ranks, to see him overcome challenges and watch his progress.

And they sign him while the turds are spiraling down the bowl.

• Like 1

Comparing ECW to seminal recording stars of the 60s - 80s is pretty laughable.

you honestly for reals legit don't understand I referred to the general principle of nostalgia acts & pointed out that 90s nostalgia is the tip of that iceberg

at least you laugh a lot, that's healthy

ps. ur seminal

Dude better have a full army guy gimmick and not some punk rock guy who was in the army. 

Also we need new native american wrestlers like Chief Killemall, a guy I just made up. 

It's Killemaw. Tighten up.