DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Filler 6-2-14

MGFanJay

nWo changed the business. DX were a pop culture phenomenon. Shield had some good six man tags. Hardly compares does it?

When the Shield broke up, people are arguing over whether it was done well.

When DX broke up, people barely cared.

When the nWo broke up, people had stopped watching.

That is the worst argument so far.

• Like 2

nWo changed the business. DX were a pop culture phenomenon. Shield had some good six man tags. Hardly compares does it?

How much money did DX and the nWo make before they broke up? Both factions completely changed their respective companies. Can we really say the same about the Shield?

• Like 2

Actually, I think we can. The Shield quickly became "must-see tv" due to their match quality. I know a number of people that had given up on WWE that came back in large measure due to the Shield. Yeah, there were still some things that could have been done with the trio, but I'd much rather see a change made a bit too early than too late. No one cared one iota when the NWO and DX broke up, (well, perhaps a certain Canadian chimp threw poop and screeched...) The Rollins turn was as effective as the Undertaker's loss. Shock, and stunned silence followed by heart-felt chants.

How much money did DX and the nWo make before they broke up? Both factions completely changed their respective companies. Can we really say the same about the Shield?

Yes. Look at the in-ring quality of the shows pre- and post- Shield. The YES! Movement doesn't happen without The Shield giving Daniel Bryan and company a consistent string of MOTYCs. Bryan was the first guy to pin a Shield member. That's when his whole big huge push got triggered.

I could care less about the money factor. I don't have any WWE shares. It really makes no difference to me whatsoever. I care about storylines and quality matches and fun. The Shield gave that to me in spades.

The nWo was great at first, obviously. But man oh man did that thing become terrible super quickly. And that was the same with DX. The Shield never did a "cock joke."

Bryan got more over due to character work (Dr. Shelby, hugging it out, yes/no arguments with Kane, crowd interactions) than any match he had with anybody not named John Cena.

• Like 1

Serious arguments beget serious arguments.

How much money did DX and the nWo make before they broke up?

Repsectively, very little, and negative in the long run.

Austin and Rock made the money in WWF, and WCW lost money.

Both factions completely changed their respective companies. Can we really say the same about the Shield?

Well, the Shield haven't put the WWE out of business yet, so I guess that's one big leg the nWo has up on them.

The combination of Gregg's tendency to hyperbolically declare things "the greatest of all time" with FSW's tendency to turn "Are they good?" arguments into "Not unless they're better than Austin" as a way to deflect the topic in his favor has rendered this discussion absurd.

It's goddamn Kuh Kuh Kuh all over again.

• Like 1

And you are throwing poop and befouling yourself.

It's sad that instead of taking place in a discussion about wrestling on a wrestling forum, you keep making the same terrible poop joke that nobody outside of your house believes is funny. You clearly don't like FSW, we get it.

Anyway, about the show. I'm interested in finding out why Rollins turned on his boys. Most of the show was skippable though.

• Like 2

Anyone trying to pimp DX and nWo should be subjected to an evening of New Age Outlaw and Outsider matches.

I'd rather watch Suddenly Susan reruns.

Did NEWS RADIO make $$$$ like JUST SHOOT ME???

Did it make any stars as big as KING OF QUEENS?

Didn't think so.

There are any number of reasons that they can use for Rollins' betrayal...  In the past he's been portrayed as the glue that holds the team together, that has to be tiresome. Trips is in a position to give him title matches as a singles performer. They can also kayfabe the big bag of money bit, though that's rather unimaginative. The idea that this is leading to some sort of swerve is sort of intriguing, but doesn't make a great deal of sense after the ppv win.

I have to admit that for the first time in years I'm intrigued by a WWE angle because I have no idea where they're going with it. If part of the package is some Rollins/Bryan matches, I shall be very pleased no matter where the angle winds up.

BTW: FSW is back in the ignore box where he belongs, a little goes a long way.

Anyone trying to pimp DX and nWo should be subjected to an evening of New Age Outlaw and Outsider matches.

I hate this revision history that NAO weren't one of the best things about the Attitude era. I know it doesn't fit the "smark" carbon footprint, but they were consistently good/very good during one of the best tag team eras in history. They also serve as the poster child for "let them go out there and see what happens." 

• Like 4

Did NEWS RADIO make $$$$ like JUST SHOOT ME???

Did it make any stars as big as KING OF QUEENS?

Didn't think so.

They all pale in comparison to Seinfeld.

WWE lost a lot of money last month, are the Shield responsible for that? 

DX was the number 2 face act in the WWF during its biggest run and sold a ton of merchandise. Trying to deny that is ridiculous. 

• Like 1

WWE lost a lot of money last month, are the Shield responsible for that?

No.

DX was the number 2 face act in the WWF during its biggest run and sold a ton of merchandise. Trying to deny that is ridiculous.

Oh good, merch sales arguments. Those are never tedious and specious.

Oh good, merch sales arguments. Those are never tedious and specious.

So you say they did not make any money and something that proves they did doesn't count. Good to know.

No.

WWE loses several million dollars while the Shield is a featured act, but it is not their fault. But because WCW lost money after the nWo disbanded, the nWo was not a draw. 

consistency. 

• Like 1

I was waiting for this day when Fat Spanish Waiter would be on the right side of an argument, and everyone would just be trolling him with nonsense like he did in years past.

It's amazing.

• Like 7