DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Filler 6-2-14

MGFanJay

Best thing about the show was Alicia dropping Nikki Bella like a bad habit and Aksana going all Rush over her. That or #Sparx in the Rose Party. I"ll give the Rollins turn a chance I guess. Hope he stops doing the dives that got him over and shave his head.

• Like 1

There is clearly also an order to only show Bo Dallas running from behind or from the chest up. 

How amazing is that? that they had to bring that up in a production meeting, and put little post-it notes on the cameras.  And this after having the t-shirt talk with him.

Honestly, as well done as the turn was, what possible reason other than "I don't want to be stuck fueding WITH Triple H forever because he can't beat us and he'll drag this out so I'll join him" is there for Rollins?

Money and power are the ultimate tools of corruption. Just keep it like that, and maybe some jealousy, and you're good to go with the explanation.

So have Ambrose get corrupted instead. He makes more sense as a heel and Rollins is more sympathetic as a babyface. Or turn Reigns and make him the new Batista. They picked the turn that made the least sense of the three.

That's why Rollins was the best to turn in terms of the "OMG WHAT???" factor. And that's the point of a big turn, too.

The point is to make the crowd go quiet cuz it's pointless and stupid?

George-W.-Bush-Mission-accomplished.jpg

Was I imagining the "you sold out" chants?

No, you didn't imagine all 20 people chanting it for 5 seconds surrounded by dead silence for the entire beatdown and poseing at the end.

Smarks are the worst. "The Shield" is trending worldwide on twitter. Silence isn't bad. We just went through a silence w/r/t Undertaker's streak ending. A guy yelled "NOOOOO" right before the Rollins smacked Reigns. The turn was awesome.

Do you seriously think no one cares that the hottest team in the WWE, a team that just main evented their monthly supercard, broke up?

I wasn't high during the show tonight, like usual, and even I heard the massive heat that segment was getting. The constant YOU SOLD OUT chants - from the chair shot to Roman all the way until the end - fans audibly screaming "NO!" and "WHY SETH WHY?". And yeah, there was some silent moments... that's called "shock and awe". Kind of like that little Undertaker/Lesnar match a few months ago.

I guess since HHH was involved it's going to get shit on. The only reason I freaked out at first was because it was so unexpected, but I guess this is our big Summer storyline. The remnants of the Shield versus the revitalization of Evolution, leading to Roman (and Bryan, with his storyline) finally putting an end to The Authority by the fall/years end.

I'm down for a Rollins push, but that turn really doesn't make much sense. All the talk about Evolution being washed up and the Shield being the future, the repeated beatdowns, and presumably less than a couple hours for HHH to corrupt Rollins without the others noticing. And "they teased dissension in the past" must be the new "HIAC was setting up a big Bryan comeback." If they needed to break them up, MITB is right around the corner, and the briefcase would've been a much better catalyst.

Steph's promo ruled, though. Some of that HHH improv talent must have finally rubbed off on her in the last couple of years.

Was The Shield's worse match as a six-man unit this year's WrestleMania against Kane and the NAO? If so, that's awesome.

Nah, that was fun. They've had some forgettable ones on Raw and SD, but nothing actively bad I can think of. Worst big match was probably Mania 29, but again, that was more "just there" than actually bad.

I finished watching this weeks Game of Thrones, then turned to RAW just in time for the last segment, and now I feel like I'm going to need to drink myself to sleep.

• Like 1

Bo Dallas gets more entertaining every week. And I love that the character is basically impervious to any negative crowd reaction. Those people chanting BORING during his match have no idea what they started. Next week he's going to come out and be like, "You're right, this is BO'S RING. Thank you for supporting and Bolieving!"

• Like 3

Given that Rollins is alway referred to as 'the architect of the Shield', it makes sense that Evolution would recruit him above the other two. It just poses the question of when they had time to recruit him. I assume it took more than just "Hey Seth, fancy joining Evolution?" to sway him, and Plan A only failed the previous night.

I wonder if this leads to an NXT call up to even up the odds for more six-men. The only guy I can think of who'd make sense is Adrian Neville (wouldn't need to talk much, could get over instantly with some highspots inserted into the matches), but the idea of them picking Tyler Breeze makes me chuckle way too much.

People bending over backwards to find some kind of kayfabe reason for Rollins to turn is exactly why this is super dumb. If it happened more than 2 months ago, it basically never happened in WWE continuity so all this talk about architects (whatever that means) and Rollins being annoyed back in February holds little water to me. The booking since Mania has been a monumental shit sandwich and this is the final layer of shitty mayo. These last few months of Raw have been torture. They took every exciting possibility they cultivated at Mania and went in the complete wrong direction with all of them.

Big developments in the opening segment with Batista leaving the WWE, chuckled at how that happened, the WWE World Heavyweight Championship picture and Seth Rollins turning his back on The Shield to close the show. End of an awesome period there with The Shield. Three very good matches as well, Luke Harper/Erick Rowan vs. The Usos, Alberto Del Rio vs. Dolph Ziggler and Sheamus/Rob Van Dam vs. Cesaro/Bad News Barrett

Did the DiGiorno account get hacked or are they the greatest WWE sponsor ever?

I think they're trying to ripoff the Nature Valley Granola campaign with anime fandom from a few weeks ago.  Unless they get some folks with mad photoshop skills, it's not gonna work.

Best thing about the show was Alicia dropping Nikki Bella like a bad habit and Aksana going all Rush over her. That or #Sparx in the Rose Party. I"ll give the Rollins turn a chance I guess. Hope he stops doing the dives that got him over and shave his head.

I was glad that while skipping through the match I managed to stop right about the time Alicia Fox started her beatdown. The way she tossed Nikki out of the ring was NASTY. And then she kept kicking her ass on the outside, Nikki hit the barrier pretty hard at the end of it.

It would make sense for HHH to try and target Rollins as the guy to turn, considering Rollins is the one who led the comeback in both of the Evolution vs Shield matches. I'm not sure if this was a planned out thing or something thrown together because Reigns might have an injury. I think going heel might be better for Rollins health because all I could think about watching him last night is that he's going to be the next guy getting neck surgery.