DVDVR Message Board

MAY WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

So, Cesaro is good enough to be a top three in the world, but not good enough to work something out of RVD?

But RVD is just old and slow. He's like Stallone still thinking he could play Rocky and people will buy it.

At this point in time I don't think any great wrestler from any era could get anything good out of RVD. I'm placing all of the blame for his Cesaro feud sucking on RVD, because well, RVD has proven that he is the worst of the worst at this point.

So, Cesaro is good enough to be a top three in the world, but not good enough to work something out of RVD?

But RVD is just old and slow. He's like Stallone still thinking he could play Rocky and people will buy it.

Yes, that's how bad RVD is. He is unwilling to adjust or wrestle any differently than he did when he was in his 20s. That isn't Cesaro's fault, and there doesn't seem to be much that he (or anyone) can do about it. A hypothetical match with RVD and anyone else that you could make a case for being top three right now would be equally atrocious. Does anyone think that Tanahashi/RVD would be anything above abysmal? 

It shouldn't surprise anyone that RVD won't (can't?) change his style. He's always been a spot monkey that can't do a work kick. If people weren't impressed by it 10 years ago, he wouldn't be on WWE TV now.

I ain't defending the guy because I think he is useless and a guy like Justin Gabriel can do what he does, but with some speed. But he isn't the worst guy. He has a set match (which a lot of guys don't), defined move set (which a lot of guys don't), and doesn't get mic time because he fucking shouldn't (fuck you, Cody Rhodes)

Which brings me to my original point, QUIT PUSHING PEOPLE AS CHARISMATIC LIKE IT'S A GIMMICK.

The thing is though, one shouldn't just accept that RVD has a style that he works. That's part of the reason why he's such an awful wrestler. He has a style that he refuses to adjust for his opponent, and the end result is a match that comes across like a bad clash of styles. RVD should be willing to mesh his style with his opponent's style, but instead he just goes out there and does his thing, with diminishing returns every time.

Crazy thing is, one of my favorite RVD matches ever looked like a total styles clash on paper, but ended up really good.  The No Way Out 2002 match with Goldust.

It's a really good match except for the lack of back selling by Van Dam. The Jerk. 

Crazy thing is, one of my favorite RVD matches ever looked like a total styles clash on paper, but ended up really good.  The No Way Out 2002 match with Goldust.

It's a really good match except for the lack of back selling by Van Dam. The Jerk. 

Sometimes Chicken McNuggets are good enough when you can't get wings.

• Like 2

Sometimes Chicken McNuggets are good enough when you can't get wings.

I think there should be a word filter for RVD into "Chicken McNuggets"

• Like 2

Isn't RVD more of a belly bomb from White Castle? The type of thing that sounds good in theory but the second it hits your tongue you immediately regret it and remember why you avoided the thing like the plague for the last 5 years. And 5 years pass and you fall prey to the exact same thing all over again.  

Isn't RVD more of a belly bomb from White Castle? The type of thing that sounds good in theory but the second it hits your tongue you immediately regret it and remember why you avoided the thing like the plague for the last 5 years. And 5 years pass and you fall prey to the exact same thing all over again.  

You are a heretic and should be banned.  The bomber is not regretted until it hits somewhere in the large intestine, which is roughly 4 to 6 full minutes after it hits your tongue.  And even then it was worth it.

• Like 2

Isn't RVD more of a belly bomb from White Castle? The type of thing that sounds good in theory but the second it hits your tongue you immediately regret it and remember why you avoided the thing like the plague for the last 5 years. And 5 years pass and you fall prey to the exact same thing all over again.

You are a heretic and should be banned. The bomber is not regretted until it hits somewhere in the large intestine, which is roughly 4 to 6 full minutes after it hits your tongue. And even then it was worth it.

Sooo ... Scott Steiner?

• Like 1

Speaking of hamburgers and scott steiner:

""THREATS? Just because he paints-cuts his hair and paints his face, he thinks he's threatening me? I've beat him before and I'll beat him again, AND HE'S STILL A FAT BASTARD! The only thing I'd be afraid of him is if I was smothered in a Twinkie, or I was dressed as a hamburger."

• Like 4