DVDVR Message Board

MAY WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

I wonder does one request pyro or does the WWE just give it to them and maybe ask their input on what they want?

There's a pair of Luger's old trunks.  Every new guy has to put them on and they read your thoughts and tell you what sort of pyro you get.

• Like 4

I wonder does one request pyro or does the WWE just give it to them and maybe ask their input on what they want?

There's a pair of Luger's old trunks.  Every new guy has to put them on and they read your thoughts and tell you what sort of pyro you get.

All-American or Narcissist?

Do Luger's old trunks actually talk to the wrestler in Luger's voice inside his or her head as it assesses what kind of pyro to give? Please say yes. 

Forgot to put this up around the time it happened.  Went to an MCW show a couple months ago.  Jake Roberts was there doing autographs and to my surprise a match.  All things considered he was great.  The DDT didn't have the snap it used to, but I was happy as anything to see it anyway.  He got the mic after the match to talk to us.  Started recording a minute into it.  This was before the HOF speech which was much more meaningful and tear-inducing than this.  But still really cool to see.  Hope you all like it as much as I did.

Also, this is my first time linking from Google Drive so hopefully it works.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9voLQW0VTW_S0JITE9INlBLaVE/edit?usp=sharing

Hogan had pyro in WCW also.  And I swore I remember Cena having pyro a couple times.  That might not count though since the one I remember was for when he rapped his theme live.

WWE needs the anti-Cena. The slacker who doesn't Hustle, doesn't have Loyalty, and is not concerned about Respect. You can see him, mostly wandering around avoiding talking to fans and make a wish kids. His nickname could be the Doctor of Shruganomics.

Corey Graves would be perfect.

• Like 2

WWE needs the anti-Cena.  The slacker who doesn't Hustle, doesn't have Loyalty, and is not concerned about Respect.  You can see him, mostly wandering around avoiding talking to fans and make a wish kids.  His nickname could be the Doctor of Shruganomics.  

CM-Punk-cm-punk-31238791-448-330.png

Do Luger's old trunks actually talk to the wrestler in Luger's voice inside his or her head as it assesses what kind of pyro to give? Please say yes. 

Oh, no.  The trunks are fully sentient and have their own identity. In fact, they get quite annoyed if anyone brings up their relationship with Luger.  Even thinking of Luger when you put them on is a good way to get yourself no pyro at all.

In fact they have their own page on amazon where they self-publish recipes they've stolen from people's heads.  Predictably the recipes are mostly for chicken.

• Like 2

What is missing from wrestling is real strengths and weaknesses in the character's wrestling abilities. As good as wrestler B looks in the ring and is promoted, wrestler A who is positioned higher on the card will beat him 10/10 times.

I would love a character who is collecting a paycheck but is presented as someone who when motivated could beat anyone. Now that I think about it, why not just give Del Rio that gimmick because he's already playing it to a t.

• Like 1

Hogan had pyro in WCW also.

Who didn't have pyro in WCW? I think even the jobbers had pyro

They used to shoot off pyro off at the beginning of every hour.  Just random pyro.  There would be a 6 man Lucha match in the ring and the pyro would just start firing off.  

WCW was allergic to money.  Might as well shoot off pyro.  What else would they do with it?  Sign another wrestler they wouldn't use, forget they signed him, and pay him for years.  Been there, done that.