DVDVR Message Board

MAY WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

While watching Alicia's Fox's loose cannon act, this thought popped in my head. Brian Pillman was GNR circa 1991, with Axl storming off stage, causing riots, attacking a fan in the crowd videotaping the show. Alicia Fox is present day GNR. Axl's voice is shot. You want him to stop rather than continue parading his current group around as GNR.

• Like 1

The worst guys on the roster are probably Adam Rose and Bo Dallas. You might like their gimmicks but if you like their ring work...  I don't know, man..

Dallas isn't that bad.  He's definitely not great, but he's perfectly capable of holding up his end in a solid match.

Sandow is still the worst

ADR is frustrating because he was having good matches not long ago.  Never connected to the crowd all that well, but yeah, he's getting an obvious case of Carlititis.

Briefly, during the first days of the dashing Cody Rhodes gimmick, it really looked like Rhodes was going to be something. Then the gimmick faltered but they kept booking him strong without a real gimmick or compelling angle (outside of the authority stuff) for years.

ADR is stuck in the soul crushing purgatory that is that position above the midcard but below the main event ( see ziggler, Dolph) where you rarely do anything other than get fed to some other main eventer to make then look good. Remember when he was getting over as a face because Batista kept on beating him up?

The worst on the roster is swagger. He is toolsy but his work is so uninspired. He craps out average matches but very rarely rises above it.

Never liked ADR. He had a couple of good matches last year when he was in the World Title scene, but other then that he's the most boring guy to come around in the last 5 years.

Is there really a discussion about "the worst guy getting tv time" without RVD being mentioned.

Sweet Fanny Adams, that fucking guy will make me turn the channel faster than Sarah McLachlan songs over starving puppy video.

Better to just have Flair manage his daughter

Indeed. After all, she's used to him drunkenly fucking up something vitally important to her. She won't be as shocked as someone else would be when it happens.

I hate being so bitter about 2014 Ric Flair as 1980's Flair entertained me endlessly. Watching an old man with a glorious past drink himself to death while sweating, crying, and doing pretty much anything to feed the tax man is the least entertaining thing in the world.

• Like 1

Is there really a discussion about "the worst guy getting tv time" without RVD being mentioned.

Sweet Fanny Adams, that fucking guy will make me turn the channel faster than Sarah McLachlan songs over starving puppy video.

He was mentioned.... A lot.

In RVD's defense, who the hell thought it was a good idea for him to have a series of matches with Cesaro? It's a complete mismatch and is doing nothing for either of them.

I think that is tremendously damning for RVD, considering he is literally the only person in the past two years to get paired with Cesaro and fail. It's not like they are pairing RVD up with some green terrible hoss they are trying to get over and the matches aren't clicking. They are pairing him up with one of the three best wrestlers in the world and he can't add anything. 

He was mentioned.... A lot.

Not enough...never enough.

In RVD's defense, who the hell thought it was a good idea for him to have a series of matches with Cesaro? It's a complete mismatch and is doing nothing for either of them.

I think that is tremendously damning for RVD, considering he is literally the only person in the past two years to get paired with Cesaro and fail. It's not like they are pairing RVD up with some green terrible hoss they are trying to get over and the matches aren't clicking. They are pairing him up with one of the three best wrestlers in the world and he can't add anything. 

That's a fair point. However, at this point, everyone knows exactly what RVD is. He has a light looking, somewhat repetitive spot-centric style. He is the last person who should be fueling Cesaro's rocket ship. Should RVD be blamed for the quality of the matches? Absolutely. Should creative be blamed for not even having a basic understanding of which wrestlers Cesaro would mesh with? Yes and then some.

So, Cesaro is good enough to be a top three in the world, but not good enough to work something out of RVD?

But RVD is just old and slow. He's like Stallone still thinking he could play Rocky and people will buy it.