DVDVR Message Board

I'd like to say a big Fuck You to the government. Because of this shutdown I'm now working for free. These assholes will not be reelected because of my vote.

It's OK -- the stupid people in this world are the ones to blame for this mess. You talk to the Tea Party Assholes (which is a great name for a band) and they froth at the mouth about Obamacare. Casually mention that they would be able to have any dependents under the age of 26 on their health insurance and they are like "really? that's pretty good." Then mention that it's because of Obamacare.
You act as if stupid people on BOTH sides aren't to blame for this.People, for example, still have this preciously naive notion that Obamacare is going to reduce costs and work fabulously. And I'm unemployed now for this fucking bill. Outstanding.

Venturing into talk we aren't supposed to here, but this shutdown is 100% caused and the fault of the GOP.  Views on the ACA have nothing to do with it, the fact is they are shutting down the government over a law (not bill) that was passed by both houses, signed by the president and (largely) upheld by the Supreme Court.  This unprecedented in U.S. history, and it is more or less the political equivalent of a toddler throwing a temper tantrum because Mommy won't buy them candy.

Lord knows the Democrats aren't perfect (or even good) but this falls on one party and only one party.

Also, fuck you for having to go back to night shifts for a week because one of my co-workers had a court day and may or may not be back in jail right now because he doesn't pay his damn child support.

• Like 4

Fuck you to relationships.  My on again / off again girlfriend is now off again.  It feels different this time in that I really don't want this woman in my life anymore.  In the past I always hoped we'd reconcile some how, but now I guess I reached my limit.

Sorry about that, mate.

Ditto to those caught up in this shutdown.

Fuck you to nightmares: one of the last lingering effects of the concussion.  At first they were just images: explosions, fire...nothing concrete but I woke up just terrified.

Now they've become much more vivid. The one that woke me up this morning was "Dead Zone" levels of IS THIS SHIT GONNA HAPPEN TODAY? Fucking yikes.

Do your nightmares count towards the Halloween movie count? If so you might have an advantage over the rest of us.

Seriously sorry to hear of the concussion and how long the effects can last even after being cleared to return to work.

• Like 2

FUCK YOU School District of Philadelphia for being so awful that there's no way in hell that I'm letting my daughter go to school there.

FUCK YOU City of Philadelphia for requiring my wife stay in the city for her job (she's a 911 dispatcher).

FUCK YOU my wife's refusal to let our daughter go to a parochial school (even a liberal Lutheran school), and MY refusal to let her go to a public school in Philly, because this isn't the sort of thing you can compromise.  FUCK.

I'd like to say a big Fuck You to the government. Because of this shutdown I'm now working for free. These assholes will not be reelected because of my vote.

It's OK -- the stupid people in this world are the ones to blame for this mess. You talk to the Tea Party Assholes (which is a great name for a band) and they froth at the mouth about Obamacare. Casually mention that they would be able to have any dependents under the age of 26 on their health insurance and they are like "really? that's pretty good." Then mention that it's because of Obamacare.
You act as if stupid people on BOTH sides aren't to blame for this.People, for example, still have this preciously naive notion that Obamacare is going to reduce costs and work fabulously.And I'm unemployed now for this fucking bill. Outstanding.

This will be the last time I approach this subject.

True, the Democrats are equally stupid in this. The more logical way to handle it would be to slowly introduce to the states that would be receptive to the plan to reduce pushback and to avoid an overall government shutdown. But no, the Democrats were too busy salivating over themselves and Obama to notice.

Now, the government is shutdown thanks to them and people who like guns and based decisions on what an invisible imaginary friend in the sky tells them and watch FOX news and like Limbaugh/Hannity/Glenn Beck.

Can we start handing out cyanide pills at Tea Party rallies and Democratic Party rallies?

Venturing into talk we aren't supposed to here, but this shutdown is 100% caused and the fault of the GOP. Views on the ACA have nothing to do with it, the fact is they are shutting down the government over a law (not bill) that was passed by both houses, signed by the president and (largely) upheld by the Supreme Court. This unprecedented in U.S. history, and it is more or less the political equivalent of a toddler throwing a temper tantrum because Mommy won't buy them candy.Lord knows the Democrats aren't perfect (or even good) but this falls on one party and only one party.Also, fuck you for having to go back to night shifts for a week because one of my co-workers had a court day and may or may not be back in jail right now because he doesn't pay his damn child support.

Bullshit. Dems / Obama refuse to negotiate on the shutdown (even to delay Obamacare - portions of which Obama HIMSELF already delayed, when it's extremely questionable from a legal perspective he has the authority to do). That's not how it works. You can't expect the opposition party to bend over and let you fuck them up the ass for nothing, not making ANY concessions at all. Unless you think that people will just erroneously blame ONLY the GOP for this, and have a friendly media to help perpetuate that. Which seems to be their game plan. But if that's your plan, please never act as if you give a fuck about bipartisanship or give me this business about how it's only one party being obstructionist.I mean, these fucking idiots barricaded the WW2 memorial and refused to let WW2 veterans enter it.....even though it's an open space memorial and is open 24/7 anyway. I live down the street from it. The only reason to barricade it is pure theatrics.

I'm not about to let this thread get shut down to political bullshit, so I'm gonna rant about something we can all agree on.

FUCK THIS asinine bullshit:

http://deadspin.com/indians-fans-wear-redface-1440572793

And while we're at it, fuck the people who don't look at Cleveland while (rightly) complaining about the Washington Football Generals.

Venturing into talk we aren't supposed to here, but this shutdown is 100% caused and the fault of the GOP. Views on the ACA have nothing to do with it, the fact is they are shutting down the government over a law (not bill) that was passed by both houses, signed by the president and (largely) upheld by the Supreme Court. This unprecedented in U.S. history, and it is more or less the political equivalent of a toddler throwing a temper tantrum because Mommy won't buy them candy.Lord knows the Democrats aren't perfect (or even good) but this falls on one party and only one party.Also, fuck you for having to go back to night shifts for a week because one of my co-workers had a court day and may or may not be back in jail right now because he doesn't pay his damn child support.

Bullshit. Dems / Obama refuse to negotiate on the shutdown (even to delay Obamacare - portions of which Obama HIMSELF already delayed, when it's extremely questionable from a legal perspective he has the authority to do). That's not how it works. You can't expect the opposition party to bend over and let you fuck them up the ass for nothing, not making ANY concessions at all.

John McCain already said it best. It passed Congress and the Supreme Court. The GOP used it as a weapon in the 2012 campaign and LOST. This is political grandstanding and nothing more. Offer a budget that doesn't defund something that people already fuckiong voted for and this is done. That is literally all that has to happen and there's enough votes in the Republican controlled House of Representatives for it to pass.

So fuck this "Both Sides are Bad" bullshit.

• Like 2

I do find it amusing how the parties work together when it means denying basic rights or copyright bullshit. But on making a budget, the difference are too great. If we could somehow tie Mickey Mouse going into the public domain to the budget, this would be solved already.