DVDVR Message Board

This Weather Sucks

Dolfan in NYC

Texas has been ridiculous as well.  Been wearing shorts and sandals to work pretty much every day since I got back from Christmas vacation.  I want some actual cold before the 6 month long onslaught of heat.

Well, come on up to Tennessee, pal, we got your damn cold. Forecast is for 8 inches of snow today, which is an hour's worth for the Northeast but will kill us dead if it hits as forecast.

Texas has been ridiculous as well.  Been wearing shorts and sandals to work pretty much every day since I got back from Christmas vacation.  I want some actual cold before the 6 month long onslaught of heat.

Well, come on up to Tennessee, pal, we got your damn cold. Forecast is for 8 inches of snow today, which is an hour's worth for the Northeast but will kill us dead if it hits as forecast.

Saw the national map last night, and wondered if y'all were getting hit.  That's about 15 years worth of snow for us.

Those of you in warm, non-snowy climates are literally the worst people ever.

Hey we've been having record temperatures, too.

90 degrees in February just isn't right.

Fuck

It has been in the upper 70's in Vegas for weeks now. Most ridiculous winter ever.

All of

You.

• Like 4

STL area is gonna suck a basketball through a crazy straw for the next few days.  Won't get above freezing for the next few days.  My street seems to be somewhere below random-downtown-back-alley on the snowplows' priority list.  It's like Jack Frost hooked up with Mother Nature and we're getting half a foot of afterbirth dumped on us.

DC has shut down for all intents and purposes... so of course my company decided to proceed with their conference in National Harbor this morning. The natives aren't taking it well.

DC has shut down for all intents and purposes... so of course my company decided to proceed with their conference in National Harbor this morning. The natives aren't taking it well.

Funny. We had a 4 hour delay this morning (not that it effects me working at night) and i went out for Lunch and all the main roads in DE are absolutely fine,

-19F in Pontiac, MI this morning where Tabe's mom still resides. And the furnace went out. Fortunately she's on some maintenance program with the HVAC folks so her service call got top priority and she was all fixed up (new blower motor, FTW) in about four hours. Could have been a lot worse obviously.

I've lived in New York my whole life. Today, factoring in the wind chill, might have been the coldest day of my life.

That might be hyperbole but holy fuck was it cold. It was actually warmer at night because the wind had died down, although it was still -2 degrees where I was on the east end of Long Island.

Today was the first day in Philly that required driving carefully. I almost got stuck once because the roads are crap. Not the condition, but because there is a section of road on my commute home that has two lights and a merge to one lane within 100 ft while going up hill. Literally 75% of the people just didn't know what to do.