DVDVR Message Board

MARCH PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

Man - every trip to and from NY I make now, I stop at a Love's.

I wish they still sold those shirts

I'm guessing that both Doc and Missy in the Love's shirt that this was probably some UWF promo thing given out at Love's.

Ambrose thinks he's pretty pimpin sitting Slater Style in his folding chair, but you're not in the advanced class until you take a dump like that

I AC Slater'd once. Couldn't stop giggling but it was so wrong

1970419_10152068511053218_1842387673_n.j

In 1980, the Masked Superstar vowed to unmask and show his face to everyone if he and Paul Jones won the World tag team belts from Ray Stevens and Jimmy Snuka. Lo and behold, they won and he delivered on his promise.

• Like 3

WOW. I NEVER KNEW HE DID THAT.

Edit, found this on MA Gateway: "The change was in Greensboro on Thanksgiving 1980, but believe it or not, in most of the towns for about a week after we won the belts…people didn’t want me to take the mask off. They didn’t want to know what I looked like. There was a lot of mystery behind it…people could see my eyes and use their imaginations beyond that. I did take the mask off, but I put it right back on…very few people saw who I was. It didn’t really affect anything. A lot of people around ringside told me they didn’t even look.  But there again, I made a promise to the fans in a number of towns that I would take my mask off win or lose. If I wouldn’t have followed through and done it, they would have never believed me after that. Afterward, I often got asked why I unmasked and my response was that I promised the people that I’d do it, and I think that always stuck in their minds."