DVDVR Message Board

Podcast Potpourri (aka Not Austin, AOW, Talk Is Jericho....)

Rev Ray

No, MSL is that loser in high school who ostracized himself and gets kicks out of being that weirdo and doesn't understand why no one wants to hang with him.he has admitted to dressing up in goth makeup in hs, eating burgers in restaurants with chop sticks just to get a rise out of people, his M7 diet is

the most pathetically common diet advice that any bozo could come up with, he outright lies and gets called on it, tells the laaaaaaaaaamest jokes ever that derail actual conversations between notable people in the biz, and I'm sorry but I just don't give a fuck about any stories he may or may not have of being the most peripheral nobody ever.

Fuck you MSL, BOOM

• Like 1

The last MLW podcast I listened to was him telling a lame story about seeing Guns n' Roses in Vegas. In 2014. Thats when I gave up. He really doesn't have a clue about anything outside of wrestling. 

Alice Radley is awful, but in a completely different way. At least she stays quiet after the first 10 minutes on Cornettes podcast. I skip that anyway since I don't care about what comic/horror convention he'll be appearing at that week.

He was extra, extra preachy/annoying/condensing during his opening preamble about the deficits of modern Wrestling

If there's one thing JR wants you to know, it's that the death of the territories has adversely affected the business. He tells you this every week.

I could listen to JR lecture about the wrestling industry all day. Way better then solo-Jericho and his painfully annoying jingles.

THIS! I really enjoy Jericho's interviews but his monologues are awful and annoying.

The best monologue of the wrestling pods is easily Austin's, but Austin is also the strongest interviewer of the bunch.

Steve Austin, renaissance man. 

I could listen to JR lecture about the wrestling industry all day. Way better then solo-Jericho and his painfully annoying jingles.

! I really enjoy Jericho's interviews but his monologues are awful and annoying.

Agreed.  I was actually surprised how much I liked Jericho when he was just doing straight talk in his earlier monologues but the characters and the catchphrases seem to really be getting more prevalent.  Oh well.  With the plethora of podcasts out there to keep up with, I have no problem fast forwarding 20 minutes.

I've never gotten around to listening to Jim Ross' podcast but at least he watches or at least keeps up with the current scene so he's not just criticizing blindly like so many other old-timers often do.

I think I'm most disappointed to learn that he doesn't do Cougar Life shills during his podcast.  "After you "hook up" with one of the "old school" ladies from Cougar Life Dot Com, you'll never think of the term 'slobberknocker' the same again, bah gawd!  So go to Cougar Life Dot Com and tell 'em good ol' JR sent ya!"

! I really enjoy Jericho's interviews but his monologues are awful and annoying.

Agreed.  I was actually surprised how much I liked Jericho when he was just doing straight talk in his earlier monologues but the characters and the catchphrases seem to really be getting more prevalent.  Oh well.  With the plethora of podcasts out there to keep up with, I have no problem fast forwarding 20 minutes.

Mushroom Jones on the board posts a podcast psa on his twitter each week about when the actual content starts on jericho's pod

• Like 1

I have no problem with Grumpy Ol' JR, and I really appreciate him telling us what is wrong with wrestling today, and how he would fix it.

I don't see a need to repeat the same thing week after week though. I understand that ROH needs to slow it down and buy more lights, please tell me what else is wrong. If you run out of things that are wrong with wrestling, start talking about how shitty the post office is, I don't care.

Am I the only one who likes Jericho's cowbell routine? 

I think JR provides a knowledge that not a lot of people in the industry have or or willing to talk about.  I think the thing that really sets him back is he really is locked into his recent talking points and needs to mix them up.  When he was on Cabana's podcast, they went over the same talking points.