DVDVR Message Board

Podcast Potpourri (aka Not Austin, AOW, Talk Is Jericho....)

Rev Ray

• 2 weeks later...

JR's podcast is terrible. I listened to the Shawn Michaels show the other day.  First off JR pimps that he will get Shawn's thoughts on the Taker's streak ending.  Shawn was in the room people!!!  Then when he asks Shawn about the who/what/where/why/hows of it, Shawn answers that it is none of his business.  And that is it.  No more talk of the streak.  So bad.  The rest is JR complaining.  His show sucks.

JR needs to let the closed fist thing go. I mean, not that Cornette/Ross aren't smart wrestling minds, but listening to them rant every week you start to understand why they keep getting fired/sent home from management positions. 

To an extent, but they're also stubborn and didactic and also seem to be stuck in the mindset that because something drew well in the 70s and 80s that it'll work now. Not that basic storytelling and setting up feuds has manifestly changed in those times, but, and I'm not on a Heyman apologists and definitely think he has weaknesses as a booker, but, unlike Heyman, I don't think they've been able to adapt/understand wrestling in 2014. No reasons that either guy shouldn't have a presence doing something, but they just seem stubborn and unwilling to change.

Also, I think that both guys are carny as fuck and try to play to the IWC audience in a very transparent way. It's like..they pretend that if they ran wrestling every Internet/indy darling would be huge stars, when, in all likelihood, they'd be pushing the exact same guys/body types that are currently in main event spots. 

• Like 1

I would like to plug my podcast here. You can find it on Place to be Nation or by searching in ITunes or Soundcloud for the Pro-Wrestling Super Show.

Last week I had Will (Goodhelmet) of Pro Wrestling Only and Johnny Sorrow of Titans of Wrestling to  discuss  wrestling fandom and answer listener questions.

For quick access the episode is here

To an extent, but they're also stubborn and didactic and also seem to be stuck in the mindset that because something drew well in the 70s and 80s that it'll work now. Not that basic storytelling and setting up feuds has manifestly changed in those times, but, and I'm not on a Heyman apologists and definitely think he has weaknesses as a booker, but, unlike Heyman, I don't think they've been able to adapt/understand wrestling in 2014. No reasons that either guy shouldn't have a presence doing something, but they just seem stubborn and unwilling to change.

Also, I think that both guys are carny as fuck and try to play to the IWC audience in a very transparent way. It's like..they pretend that if they ran wrestling every Internet/indy darling would be huge stars, when, in all likelihood, they'd be pushing the exact same guys/body types that are currently in main event spots. 

I agree with this. It's very telling that any time a fan tries to approach them with an idea that is outside of something they've ever done before they will shoot it down immediately. They base all of their answers on what they did in the business 20 years ago, when the business and the world were so much different. I still love Cornette, Ross I could take or leave, but both men show time and again that they have suffered what happens to 99% of wrestling bookers, they've fallen out of touch and can't deal with the changes they need to be back in touch with the modern wrestling climate.

Teddy Hart is a wild dude man. This seriously might be one of the most random podcasts ever. This dude has some STORIES. Must listen. Seriously. - http://mlwradio.libsyn.com/episode-128-teddy-hart

On this episode, Ted and MSL chat:

-Yoga

-The time Ted used a gun and killed something

-What's Ted up to now?

-Thoughts on Ricochet, Johnny Gargano, Chris Hero and Low Ki

-Ted’s love life as a swinger

-Ted and Batista’s static - CLASSIC STORY

-Triple H

-Total Divas

-Tyson Kidd

-The time Ted risked MSL's life?

--Mr. Money and unprotected sex

-Jeff Jarrett's new promotion

-Ted’s upcoming move to the U.S.

-Thoughts on a future in WWE

-Animal Fights: Black Panther vs. Anaconda!

-Ted struggling with his reputation

-TNA’s future and their creative

-Ted’s work training soldiers for the government

-Sneakers

-Plus a TON more!

Follow Teddy on Twitter: @TedHartTV

Got a question? Email us and the guys just might answer it! [email protected]

JR's podcast is terrible. I listened to the Shawn Michaels show the other day.  First off JR pimps that he will get Shawn's thoughts on the Taker's streak ending.  Shawn was in the room people!!!  Then when he asks Shawn about the who/what/where/why/hows of it, Shawn answers that it is none of his business.  And that is it.  No more talk of the streak.  So bad.  The rest is JR complaining.  His show sucks.

Man Jim Ross hyped the hell out of that podcast. Part 1 was weak as hell. So you don't think Part 2 is worth it either?

JR and Mauro Ranallo was his best show IMO

Listening to Ross' podcast with Goldberg was interesting, with him talking about how he felt Regal(and Dave Taylor) DID try to make him look bad and go stiff with him on national tv, despite Regal claiming that there was nothing to the story at all. His ego makes me wish he would've gotten into the ring an In-His-Prime Stan Hansen just to see how really tough he thinks he is.

So I tried to start listening to We Watch Wrestling. Started the latest episode. They start off talking about the Streak ending, 5 minutes into it they get a text "The Ultimate Warrior has died". Guess they recorded it Tuesday night last week. The rest of the episode is just fucking depressing.

Yeah that one showed the power of live podcasting and living in the moment.  Usually not such a downer

• 2 weeks later...

Russo on the MLW podcast today, bro.

Bro, he is on, bro.

Bro.

The story about why he wore a SF Giants jersey instead of a NY Giants jersey sums up Russo as a head wrestling writer perfectly.

Russo on the MLW podcast today, bro.

Bro, he is on, bro.

Bro.

The story about why he wore a SF Giants jersey instead of a NY Giants jersey sums up Russo as a head wrestling writer perfectly.

For those of us who don't wanna listen to the whole thing, can you enlighten us why he wore the Giants jersey?

He would wear NY sports gear every time he came out for a segment because his "character" was a "NY" guy. But when he came out in a SF Giants jersey (supposedly the team he likes in real life) the fans would believe the segment was a shoot.

• Like 1