DVDVR Message Board

Podcast Potpourri (aka Not Austin, AOW, Talk Is Jericho....)

Rev Ray

I just turned it off halfway through. I couldn't take JR constantly cutting Sting off to tell stories about the nickname for Red Bastien's junk. It's like JR thought he was the guest.

• Like 1

Yeah, when Sting does get to talk and squeeze in a story it's good. Just get ready to get frustrated at Ross.

Big time frustrated. I am at the hour mark of part 1 and had to take a break from it. A good long Sting interview is something I have wanted for a long time. This has just been awful and basically the exact opposite of what I wanted. I think I would prefer one of those those horrible RF shoots asking Sting about locker room fights over this. 

Part 2 has been better thankfully.

Yeah, when Sting does get to talk and squeeze in a story it's good. Just get ready to get frustrated at Ross.

Big time frustrated. I am at the hour mark of part 1 and had to take a break from it. A good long Sting interview is something I have wanted for a long time. This has just been awful and basically the exact opposite of what I wanted. I think I would prefer one of those those horrible RF shoots asking Sting about locker room fights over this. 

Part 2 has been better thankfully.

I would guess that Austin eventually gets Sting on the pod and we get a much better interview.

• Like 1

When I listen to JR's interviews, I try to be patient since he clearly has PTSD from past interview experiences. The guy has been stunnered, put in the mandible claw, set on fire, had his arm broken and many other mishaps while interviewing people.

It's amazing that the poor guy can even approach an interview.

Soldier on Jim. 

• Like 7

When I listen to JR's interviews, I try to be patient sinc he clearly has PTSD from past interview experiences. The guy has been stunnered, put in the mandible claw, set on fire, had his arm broken and many other mishaps while interviewing people.

It's amazing that the poor guy can even approach an interview.

Soldier on Jim. 

I never thought of it that way, but that makes sense.

Really like Disco on Konnan's podcast. Much less of a dipshit than you'd expect. Now, Konnan and Disco Inferno (and those other guys) have some pretty whacked out ideas of what modern wrestling should be and they're definitely still in that Monday Night War-era mindset but fairly entertaining.

I don't know if I can stomach Jesse anymore. Does he get too much into his Truther BS?

Jesse and Jericho talking about river monsters and UFO/Area 51 conspiracy theories could be funny.  Or they could just have James Adomian interview Jericho as Jesse.

• Like 1

I don't know if I can stomach Jesse anymore. Does he get too much into his Truther BS?

The first 10 minutes were him answering questions about the lawsuit he just won and discussing the half wits on Fox News who criticize him. No truther stuff....yet. I can see myself skipping any episode that doesn't have a wrestler for a guest.

I was listening to the latest episode of Cheap Heat and they were interviewing Samoa Joe and MVP. During the interview MVP says that he only had two regrets during his run with WWE. The first is that he didn't get to do a promo with the Rock and the second is that he really wanted to legit punch some unnamed person in the face.

Any ideas of who he could be talking about? I'm guessing Randy Orton simply because MVP would've been there for his shit disturber phase.

Cornette Podcast: the Tim Horner rant that is a preview of an SMW book... oh man

The highlight: Unbeknownst to anyone, Horner had a handicapped child accompany him when Bullet Bob told him he had to return the SMW Heavyweight Title. The child was carrying the title belt and Bullet Bob looked like a monster when he took the belt away from the child.

Talking Shop, Bullet Club podcast, is Fuckin awful. Nothing but inside jokes no one cares about and grinding two bits ("ski" and the redneck voice) into the Fuckin ground with three minutes with almost no wrestling talk. I don't even really like Karl Anderson in the ring but no wonder he'll never get to the 'E, he can't talk shit.

• Like 1

I don't even really like Karl Anderson in the ring but no wonder he'll never get to the 'E, he can't talk shit.

He has turned down WWE's advances a number of times.

I like where this is going.

I don't even really like Karl Anderson in the ring but no wonder he'll never get to the 'E, he can't talk shit.

He has turned down WWE's advances a number of times.

That absolutely shocks me.

Why? He is highly paid, has a great schedule and is part of the New Japan office.