DVDVR Message Board

Podcast Potpourri (aka Not Austin, AOW, Talk Is Jericho....)

Rev Ray

Ross is just trying to get ratings with that interview. Dude was a low-rent sitcom writer who latched on to Vince Russo of all people and had no business in the wrestling industry to begin with. 

Mlw with Disco was great. Not only do we get Disco humming the Sabu theme we get the first tease of that useless twit MSL actually getting kicked off the show. I think they can't ignore the overwhelming fan hate any longer.

According to his website, Ross is going to have Ed Ferrara on his podcast in September. That could get a little awkward.

They squashed the beef years ago.

Cornette hasn't over the incident.

Has Cornette gotten over ANY incident?

Cornette needs a podcast. It'd be a fun listen.

According to his website, Ross is going to have Ed Ferrara on his podcast in September. That could get a little awkward.

Well have I got news for you!

• Like 3

Well have I got news for you!

I read Cornette's blog for a bit when he first started writing it however many years ago that was (was it 2008ish?). 

I liked some of his writings on wrestling booking, but you can tell that a thick bitterness exists there.

Once he started to open up about being Jim Cornette, angry, bitter liberal, that was when I checked out on reading or listening to too much James E.

I did like the podcast he did with J.R. That was two old timers booking territories for 90 minutes.

I'm so proud of this board that no one listens to Goldberg's podcast.

I might would if any of his guests weren't utter dreck. If he gets some wrestling guests maybe...

I'm so proud of this board that no one listens to Goldberg's podcast.

I might would if any of his guests weren't utter dreck. If he gets some wrestling guests maybe...

He also sound like a major stuck up douche on his commercials....like he is too good to do anything related to wrestling.  Fuck him.  No way he even come close to Austin or Jericho.  Hell, JR's boring, grumpy ass is more entertaining.  Does anyone listen to Piper's show?

Vince Russo's first podcast, entitled, "The Swerve" - http://www.pyroandballyhoo.com/swerve-podcast-ep-1-featuring-ed-ferrara/

Re: The Ferrara/Ross stuff-- Where was the outrage from Cornette and company when Ferrara did the same exact character in the WWE, on Sunday Night Heat, and year or so before he did it in WCW? I don't remember hearing a peep out of Cornette.

we get the first tease of that useless twit MSL actually getting kicked off the show. I think they can't ignore the overwhelming fan hate any longer.

That is great news. Hope it happens sooner than later.  I stopped listening to the podcast because of that insufferable prick.

Anyone listen to the AJ Styles Jim Ross podcast? He was extra, extra preachy/annoying/condensing during his opening preamble about the deficits of modern Wrestling and then extra, extra belligerent during the interview. On another forum someone dubbed it " JR gives AJ Styles a bunch of advice hour."  He legitimately came off as drunk or other. He recently talked about his ambien but this sounded more like a drunk at the bar preaching about life to a young'un.

In terms of AJ Styles the headline here was that he is treated so well he would be afraid of disrespecting New Japan by even entertaining a TNA currently.