DVDVR Message Board

JAN 2014 WRESTLING DISCUSSION REBOOT THREAD

RIPPA

What did Jake say about Warrior, anyway? Can't be too far off base. And as far as that situation goes... I rather them induct a guy who smokes crack and an alcoholic than someone who's a bigot and hates homosexuals. Let's go for the full monty and get Virgil up in that HOF, son!

I thought he always had a really good rep? Who doesn't like him? 

Hogan, apparently. He & Dick Ebersol got him fired. He didn't understand prioritizing TV over house shows, according to Meltzer.

The link isn't working so go Wiki George Scott. Pretty interesting, I didn't know his whole history. I don't recall a lot of that Stampede stuff being in the actual Stampede book which I've read several times, maybe it's just my shot memory. Who replaced him in WWF, Patterson?

The link isn't working so go Wiki George Scott. Pretty interesting, I didn't know his whole history. I don't recall a lot of that Stampede stuff being in the actual Stampede book which I've read several times, maybe it's just my shot memory. Who replaced him in WWF, Patterson?

Yes.

And his 1989 promotion of the flair/steamboat clash match got him removed as booker.

I think it was originally called the "Beautiful Disaster" when he was doing the clear mask, Dr Doom thing and it's just evolved from there.

Names for wrestling moves could be a really good topic actually -

The long standing debate over the DDT being named after the poison or being short hand for "Damien's Dinner Time". Why was Hogan's leg drop "Atomic"? Why was a technical wrestler from Canada locking people in a "Sharpshooter" when that name sounds like it should be for the finishing move of the Smoking Gunns?

Because he was a "hitman"?

• Like 2

A "hitman" using a "Sharpshooter" always seemed logical to me. I could never get what the fuck "Sweet Chin Music" had to do with a male stripper ... although, I would imagine that it would be percussion-heavy (salacious!!!).

I always appreciated that, when asked what "DDT" might stand for, Roberts would reply, "The end."

• Like 2