DVDVR Message Board

The best part was when Johnston broke down the dichotomy of Austin's theme song and explained the process of it to where he started in one place and put layers on it. Now, having been around the music studio process my whole life, I know full well that putting 5-6 individual tracks, have them be takes you like and then compressing them and then mastering it is a process, and even a two minute instrumental piece can take time, even if you're process polished and know exactly what you want to do from the outset.

I didn't expect his answer to how long it took from start to finish to be a matter-of-fact "Oh, about 8 hours". 

Punk wasn't on Colts podcast because it's pretty ridiculous to expect Colt to record and edit an hour long podcast with Punk so it would be ready today, even a section at the beginning would be tough depending on how well Colt has learned to edit. We also don't even know if they've been in the same room together since it happened since Colt might be on the road and all.

As someone who lives in New York and is so used to Mike Francesa cutting callers off after 5 seconds and constantly interrupting them, it's so weird to listen to Austin allow the callers to talk and deliver their answers.

"Chikara was closed down for almost a whole year. It went down on purpose to advance a storyline and hopefully grow a company. Mike Quackenbush tells us why HE did this and all the risk reward that goes along with it."

Oh...... ok.

Austin PadCast was pretty good.  Da Meltz cameo at the end.  Quackenbush said a bunch of interesting stuff, but the Chikara stuff still makes no sense and I still think is too weird.  My question would have been, what did the workers who didn't get paid for 9 month think of the storyline?  Or did they get paid.  I honestly haven't paid attnetion to the whole thing since there were scavenger hunts and VHS tapes.  

Austin PadCast was pretty good.  Da Meltz cameo at the end.  Quackenbush said a bunch of interesting stuff, but the Chikara stuff still makes no sense and I still think is too weird.  My question would have been, what did the workers who didn't get paid for 9 month think of the storyline?  Or did they get paid.  I honestly haven't paid attnetion to the whole thing since there were scavenger hunts and VHS tapes.  

They were booked on the "Wrestling Is" shows. 

• Like 1