DVDVR Message Board

Austin PadCast was pretty good.  Da Meltz cameo at the end.  Quackenbush said a bunch of interesting stuff, but the Chikara stuff still makes no sense and I still think is too weird.  My question would have been, what did the workers who didn't get paid for 9 month think of the storyline?  Or did they get paid.  I honestly haven't paid attnetion to the whole thing since there were scavenger hunts and VHS tapes.

They were booked on the "Wrestling Is" shows.

Quack said they ran more Wrestling Is shows during Chikara's hiatus than Chikara would have run in that time.

---

Austin needs to learn how to cut off callers. I FF thru a lot of that show.

That English guy kept interrupting Austin which was a little annoying

Fucking Brits. 

To be fair, it seemed like there was some lag over the connection. Happens on news broadcasts all the time when speaking over long distances. 

I really came away liking Daniel Cormier a whole bunch after his Steve Austin Podcast appearance.  He was a high energy and hyped guest to be on there.  Shame he has to pull out of his fight with Rashad but I liked how he pretty much justified my opinion on Jon Jones.

and apparently they'll have Regal on the show soon since they recorded at RAW.. this time Austin got the file and sent it to an assistant. Also taped interviews with Cena, Dutch and Big Show?

So today's show is about him meeting people backstage

and Austin joking with Vince about Rey having heat with someone for getting #30 and saying he (Austin) would have taken #30 if they wanted

Austin also apparently has advice for Harper. Someone get send a message to Luke's beeper

I'm excited for all of the aforementioned names. But I'm particularly stoked for Dutch and Big Show. I've always found Dutch to be highly entertaining in all the interviews I've listened to, and while I don't always love Big Show's work, he's probably one of the more entertaining and articulate wrestlers I've heard interviewed.

The 20 minute run where he was describing being backstage was brilliant, he sounded like a little kid getting to meet his heroes. 

"Then I saw Bray Wyatt and he was scary and then I saw Rey Rey and then I saw..."

Had a huge grin listening to that earlier.

I know he's mentioned a timetable that it'd take to get him into shape for an actual match. I wonder what the timetable would be to get him in shape for work part of a Royal Rumble. Because you know if that happened, it'd replace Cena at RR08 at the top of "Surprise entrant" lists

I listened to one episode where Cold Stone said he weighed 275 and I was like, you fat sumbitch, Trader Joe knew damn good and well what he was doing when he made his parking lots so damn small.  He knew your fat ass could use the walk.

• Like 5