DVDVR Message Board

I read elsewhere that it involved a crank-call to Jim Duggan, with someone doing the Austin impression (Sasso?) and making domestic abuse jokes.

I didn't hear it first hand, so take that for what it's worth - second hand information. 

From Sasso?  Wow, can't say I expected better from him, but that's pretty damn fucked up.  And I wonder how Piper reacted.  Did he try to defend Steve or went along with it?  And why didn't they just simply edit that part of it out so it just never existed in the first place?  There's a couple people to blame, but without him doing anything about it sadly Piper's very much to blame as well.  Granted, what Steve did was fucked up and should not be forgiven.  But bringing it up like that doesn't help matters.

I really wish people would try and get all the facts of what actually happened and stop going "well geez what an asshole Steve is for getting him fired!"

Ok Steve did not get him fired from PodcastOne for starters. The podcast with the Austin impersonation got pulled 3 months before Piper ever QUIT (did not get fired) PodcastOne. Why did Piper wait 3 months to quit PodcastOne if he was really so upset about them pulling that show and (from what he claims) PodcastOne threatening to fire him over it? Because this shit is not about the pulled podcast or Steve Austin. It's about Roddy having a shitty podcast that was doing horrible numbers on PodcastOne so he created this scenario to start an internet feud with Austin to try and get some buzz and make more people listen to his show.

As far as the WWE Legends deal, no one really can confirm for sure whether or not Roddy lost it. All we really have is a mention about it on Flair's podcast. But again, if this was just about Austin being pissed about the impersonation, why did Piper only lose his Legends deal NOW and not 3 months ago when the podcast actually happened? If he DID get his Legends deal cancelled it's probably because WWE can see exactly what he is doing right now. He is creating a fake feud with Steve Austin to try and make people listen to his podcast. So WWE most likely just decided "Piper is losing his fucking mind and we're not going to have him on our payroll while he starts shit with possibly our biggest star ever"

I have to wonder if some of that might be a little not true.  Unless he went to jail in his Patriot mask, how the fuck is someone gonna recognize him walking in?

He did wrestle without a mask in the AWA and elsewhere.

Plus, I learned from Orange is the New Black that inmates follow celebrity trials in the hope that the celeb gets put in their prison. I'd assume that the Wilkes case was covered locally and his picture was on TV and the the paper.

It smells a bit like BS, but it is plausible.

He also appeared on WWF television without his mask for an interview.

I was a huge GWF mark as a teen and therefore a huge mark for The Patriot. He's been completely forgotten by the WWE. No action figures. No appearances in video games. He was barely covered in the WWE Encyclopedia. Glad he is on the straight and narrow now.

He also appeared on WWF television without his mask for an interview.

I was a huge GWF mark as a teen and therefore a huge mark for The Patriot. He's been completely forgotten by the WWE. No action figures. No appearances in video games. He was barely covered in the WWE Encyclopedia. Glad he is on the straight and narrow now.

Jakks did a figure for him around the time he was in the WWF.

From the observer site

Deadline.com reported today that the crew that works for the CMT show "Steve Austin's Broken Skull Challenge" walked off the job this morning.

The Motion Picture Editor's Guild and IATSE have put up a picket line outside the offices 51 Minds Entertainment, the series producers.