DVDVR Message Board

THE FUTURE OF MARCH MADNESS

jaedmc

MARCH MADNESS CHANGES  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Which countries should be involved?

• USA ONLY
    • USA/JAPAN ONLY
    • THE WHOLE GLOBE (LUCHA/PURO/AMERICAN/SENEGALESE)

I voted to include the whole world because I am old enough to remember a time when this board was only marginally interested in WWE, at best, and when voting was something you were supposed to do regardless of your apathy.

Fuck that dude. WE GOT TO PUT ZIGGLER IN BEFORE OKADA!

See. This is your problem. You can't keep your foot out of you mouth. 

• Like 3

That reminds me, having proclaimed during last year's March Madness that this was going to be THE YEAR OF DOLPH, and now that THE YEAR OF DOLPH is officially coming to an end, I guess it's time to look back and reflect one last time at how great that all went...

BUgb_JEQCIAAdr_Tg_jpg_large.jpg

• Like 5

March Madness always boils down to nothing more than a popularity contest rather than an objective discovery of who the best wrestler from March to March truly was.

It's an abomination of the democratic process!

• Like 2

March Madness always boils down to nothing more than a popularity contest rather than an objective discovery of who the best wrestler from March to March truly was.

I can't take anything that you say seriously anymore.

It's all this:

b.gif

In other words, it is an amazing thing of beauty.

Just wait until Goldust and Bryan get randomly matched up in the first round.

You're infringing on my gimmick. But that's okay. That's okay.

While we're at it, can we talk about the idiots who always bitch about how close/how big a blow out the vote is as if that is some indication of the quality of the wrestlers involved?

If everyone on the board agreed that Goldust had just a slightly better year than Bryan, it would still be a shutout. It would obviously not mean that everyone thought Goldust sucked.

You're infringing on my gimmick.

I hope FSW is laughing suitably hard.

• Like 1

I would like to see how Okada and Tanahashi do in this tournament, so definitely reserve at least a few spots for non-U.S. workers.

Maybe you could just take the top two or three guys from some of the major international promotions like NJPW and AAA?

Also:

Do an NIT bracket for the rest of the world. I watch NJPW but I don't see a lot of Lucha. I doubt most here have watched enough of EVERYTHING.. 

Respectfully, I would like to say that I disagree with this because, when I was lurking here, I personally used March Madness to see everything that I did not otherwise see. People would bring up guys from CHIKARA and CMLL that I had not seen and post some videos, and it really expanded my viewpoint of modern wrestling. My favorite thing about this exercise is really that I get to learn about wrestlers that I don't know from you guys. For example, the MM tourney is responsible for my enjoyment of Vordell Walker somehow, even though I don't remember him actually being in the tournament. Someone brought him up and posted videos, however, and it was fantastic. It is really fun to get to evaluate guys that you have not seen up against the guys that you are familiar with, which splitting up the tournament into multiple brackets would take away.

That is why I was so happy to get a chance to post here and maybe contribute in my own small way; you all have given me quite a lot to watch and consider and think about when I watch wrestling, and MM is a big part of that. 

Bull, FSW stole my gimmick. In fact before FSW was anti-Punk I was anti-Rey Mysterio.

Bull, FSW stole my gimmick. In fact before FSW was anti-Punk I was anti-Rey Mysterio.

I wouldn't brag about that, if I were you.

There's really nothing earnest about you at all, is there? It's just all gimmick all the time. I mean with FSW, you can see what he really digs. He's got a slant on things, but some of that is just because of where he's from and his relative youth. When I'm an ass, it's usually some heightened version of what I'm feeling or I'm just getting into things here. You're just the living embodiment of insubstantial internet ooze. 

Anyway, screw the vote, Jae. I'm convinced. Pepper in some international guys. If they get trounced, then that's part of the character of the place. People have criticisms of Tanahashi or whoever here that they have less elsewhere and they're no less valid than any other criticisms I see. It'll get me to watch some Rush matches which I haven't done yet.

• Like 3

Jesus, jaedmc, you must be a masochist.

I really want a Davey Richards vs. Mr. Anderson first round match.

That match was my suggestion last year when you asked a good question whether Davey Richards could win a match here. I'd like to see it.

• Like 1

Voted "Rest of the World", but just a couple possibilities for it:

-Since it's a March Madness-style one, with how the NCAAs changed up- would adding a "First Four" or "First Eight" rule to help the rest of the world or indies in help more- the lowest eight play in for the 15-16 seeds? That way, you keep some spots for top indy names and/or top international names?

-For the "do you add women" in, with the "NIT" suggestion there and how it works for others, would a March Madness, women's only field of `16 NIT field work well for anyone?

It's pretty obvious that the correct vote is entire world.  It's the choice that will most fulfill the true spirit of March Madness:

"Wait, what is the true meaning of March Madness, Mark Henry?"

linus.jpg

"Lights please!  The true spirit of March Madness is to do whatever it takes to somehow get Jaedmc's hopes up that this year might be different.  That this year people might actually see all his hard work as a chance to expand their horizons rather than just to be the same assholes who are going to say and do the same dumb shit they did last year."

"And then, Mark Henry?  What then?"

[sigh]"Here, since you dumb sad fools can't quite grasp this, let me show you in a language you understand, crude photoshop"

6a00d83451b4ba69e20167639cbb80970b.jpg

"And that, my sad dumb message board, is the true meaning of March Madness.  Lights please."

• Like 4