DVDVR Message Board

Wrestling Observer/Meltzer Ominbus Thread

That conversation was amazing. Alvarez made a good point. Even if you are the biggest Daniel Bryan fan in the world, why the hell would you ever buy one of his t-shirts? They are terrible. Dave did discuss ratings and apparently Cena and Triple H are the two who move the needle but again.. They both agreed that Bryan has never really been given a shot as THE guy..

It was an interesting conversation.

Yeah I really liked that conversation. It felt very real and it was good to see good discussion from both sides.

Totally agree on the merch. Doesn't matter how much I like someone. If their merch sucks, I'm not buying it.

And I wasn't surprised to hear Cena and HHH get the most ratings. They have been the two most constantly pushed wrestlers for the last 10 years and rarely get embarassed or jobbed out like DB does sometimes multiple times a week.

That conversation was amazing. Alvarez made a good point. Even if you are the biggest Daniel Bryan fan in the world, why the hell would you ever buy one of his t-shirts? They are terrible. Dave did discuss ratings and apparently Cena and Triple H are the two who move the needle but again.. They both agreed that Bryan has never really been given a shot as THE guy..

rarely get embarassed or jobbed out like DB does sometimes multiple times a week.

What?

rarely get embarassed or jobbed out like DB does sometimes multiple times a week.

What?

DB was getting jobbed out and destroyed twice a week minimum during October and after. Can't say things are much better now.

I really can't tell if Dave is just playing the devils adovcate role in this argument about Daniel Bryan or he really believes that the way Vince looks at him is correct.   And his Jeff Hardy argument really isn't valid because Jeff Hardy was a monster baby face as a tag team long before the Triple H singles feud so he had a head start to work with. 

My problem w dave's argument is that it says support db with your money when his show comes to your town. But if you dislike how he is being booked, why give them your money?

As bryan said, its a chicken and egg argument.

• Like 1

When Smackdown came back to Tampa (with Bryan in the Dark main, and the crowd losing their minds when he came out) they didn't have any Daniel bryan shirts out, at least not where I was at. I've mentioned and someone else has, it doesn't matter if he is your favorite guy, if the shirt is dumb, i'm not spending money on it. I don't want to wear a Goat on a t-shirt.

Punk needs to sit Bryan down and smarten him or something, because i'm getting the feeling bryan just North Souths everything put in front of him (most of which he makes work), but when it comes to things that make him money, he needs to be a little stiffer.

The rumble feedback they've posted has to be the biggest collection of fucking CHUDs I've ever seen outside of wrestling videogaming sites. Like no matter their opinion I hate everyone.

Even Bud the C.H.U.D.?  He showed the capacity for learning!

• Like 1

I love when Dave and Bryan debate a smark outrage. Bryan is such that Internet-era "THE SKY IS FALLING. THIS COMPANY FUCKING SUCKS" and Dave is so sanguine because he's been doing this shit for 30 years.

Not that Alvarez is wrong, per se, but Dave seems to have a "the show rolls on" perspective that is somewhat refreshing.

• Like 1

I love when Dave and Bryan debate a smark outrage. Bryan is such that Internet-era "THE SKY IS FALLING. THIS COMPANY FUCKING SUCKS" and Dave is so sanguine because he's been doing this shit for 30 years.

Not that Alvarez is wrong, per se, but Dave seems to have a "the show rolls on" perspective that is somewhat refreshing.

It's kind of remarkable how many of their conversations boil down to:

Dave:  "Yeah...well.......It is what it is.

Bryan: "Well it SUCKS!!!!!!! THAT'S WHAT IT IS!!!! SUCK!!!!!!"

• Like 1

I loved it when Meltzer's OCD forced him to look up NOAH's tour schedule to determine whether or not it was possible for KENTA to have had a tryout at the WWE Performance Center.  Bryan kept trying to move on and leave it for tomorrow/a later update, but Dave was insistent on finding out RIGHT THEN AND THERE.

Also, the discussion regarding the finer points of modern jean shorts was rather choice.

What's really amazing with Bryan and Dave is that Bryan has no idea how to talk to Dave. You can tell just listening to them for twenty minutes. I have people that I'm in meetings with all the time that remind me of Dave. You have to figure out how to present information to them and if you do that, they'll get it immediately and you can have a productive talk. If you don't present it the right way, getting past some of their semantic barriers, you end up going in circles and missing the point entirely. It's one of my best skills a bureaucrat and it's really not rocket science. 

But Bryan just doesn't do it at all. He keeps pressing forward saying the same thing that Dave is obviously not getting where if he just figured out why Dave wasn't getting it and tweaked his way of saying it by twenty percent or so (and there are patterns. It's basically the same way every time), it would work so much better.

• Like 1

I doubt either has much experience with such a thing. Dave has more obviously, but Bryan hasn't exactly worked in an office setting or with a lot of peers. It's wrestlers who are inherently fucked up or teaching kids and such.

I liked Bryan correcting Dave about 10 times over saying it was the "Battle of Cleveland" not "Battle for Cleveland" and it never registered with Dave for some reason. Then when Dave came around to what Bryan was saying, there was just a ton of contempt in his voice. They are that married couple that drinks way too often and neither can stand each other.

• Like 1

I liked Bryan correcting Dave about 10 times over saying it was the "Battle of Cleveland" not "Battle for Cleveland" and it never registered with Dave for some reason. Then when Dave came around to what Bryan was saying, there was just a ton of contempt in his voice. They are that married couple that drinks way too often and neither can stand each other.

But the make-up sex is great! ...