DVDVR Message Board

Wrestling Observer/Meltzer Ominbus Thread

The Shirley Temple obit retweet does lend credence to that.

ETA: Line of the night! - "Wait a minute when you follow a match like that, aren't you supposed to not be able to get the crowd into it. Or is that only for HHH bouts."

ETA: "If Jessica Eye is Hogan, that makes Ariel Helwani Arsenio, and that means a drunk girl is about to walk in and smash a banana in my face."

Dave told the story about a girl smashing a banana on his face a year or 2 ago, during the AJ Lee/CM Punk "I dig crazy chicks" storyline. Where he was pointing out that it's really not so great to be with a crazy chick.

The drunk girl was either his girlfriend or a recent ex-girlfriend and she smashed a banana in Dave's face for some crazy reason that I don't remember.

If I ever have to listen to another Todd Martin/Bryan Alvarez debate, I'm pretty sure my head is going to explode. I can feel myself getting dumber listening to that.

That has to be their plan.  I don't believe that much mindless chatter makes it onto the airwaves by accident.

• Like 1

If I ever have to listen to another Todd Martin/Bryan Alvarez debate, I'm pretty sure my head is going to explode. I can feel myself getting dumber listening to that.

Technically speaking, you don't HAVE to listen to a Todd show ever.  I certainly don't.

According to today's update, WWE made a HELL of a deal with Mattel...

Mattel and WWE announced today the signing of a new toy distribution agreement that would extend their current partnership through 2919.

• Like 2

Hologram Miz: Pffft.  You're telling me that Gexnar is getting a title shot and I don't even get put on holodrome?

Ladies and Gentlemen, download the WWE app to hear more of Hologram Miz.  Remember, you just go to the app store by swiping across your left nipple...Press the search button that will appear in under your cornea.  A little keyboard will open out of your brain and you type W...that's the one that looks like a class C Borg-trawler, then another Borg-trawler, and then E.  That's the one that looks like an ewok with an erection.

That's Borg-Trawler, Borg-trawler, aroused Ewok.  Now a word from TheTruth.com.  What, you thought they'd be gone my now? 

• Like 2

Technically speaking, you don't HAVE to listen to a Todd show ever.  I certainly don't.

I don't usually. No reason for me not listening, just never made it into my schedule.

Mattel and WWE announced today the signing of a new toy distribution agreement that would extend their current partnership through 2919.

Hopefully there is a repeat from last page tomorrow.  "Also from yesterdays report the new deal with Mattel runs through 2919 not 2919."

I'm pretty sure I've never agreed with Todd Martin about anything, ever. Plus, he's never prepared to discuss the shit that Alvarez wants to talk about.

Todd Martin discussing John Cena is as bad as wrestling discussion gets. The only entertainment value from Todd was over UFC fighters calling out other fighters out in the cage. The entertainment being Dave saying there is nothing to discuss over Todd's point of view. He is wrong and doesn't know what he is talking about.

I caught up about 2 minutes of Todd and Bryan arguing the other night on their live feed and thought it was a caller or something. He was rambling on and on about ROH and I had no clue what the fuck he was talking about and Bryan didn't want to talk about it anymore. At least I assume that was him.

Oh yeah - Snarky Dave was clearly out in full force last night on Twitter as some folks (well it really is like 2 dudes) decided to challenge Dave on the whole TNA for sale deal.

Way too much to C&P but it's fun

This was the last one that appeared...

Dave Meltzer ‏@davemeltzerWON  1h

@steveacko1975 Yeah, I made up Hogan, Sting, Mickie being gone over budget issues.
 View conversation