DVDVR Message Board

Wrestling Observer/Meltzer Ominbus Thread

I had to listen twice to make sure but I believe I heard Alvarez say in the RAW recap that "they are ready to leave then Undertaker's dong hits"   :lol:

In their written Raw report it said "Undertaker's dong went off." That doesn't sound PG.

• Like 2

Meltzer says his source was not someone from WWE. A "major name in the business who I've trusted for over 20 years".

Meltzer: "The person who told me, as soon as the show was over, said 'I was lied to'."

Meltzer says his source was not someone from WWE. A "major name in the business who I've trusted for over 20 years".

Meltzer: "The person who told me, as soon as the show was over, said 'I was lied to'."

Good O JR

I was thinking Heyman.  That segment could easily have been setup for Punk to come out and cut a promo if they would have been able to come to terms with him.

I kind of love the idea of them selling that to Heyman for a few days and then the night of sending him out there after just telling him Punk wasn't coming. the thing is, Heyman's probably in touch with Punk if anyone is, so that falls apart.

I am normally not a big fan of Bryan but the Monday Figure Four call in shows are actually becoming one of my guilty pleasures of the week. Not because they are good but just because of strange group of callers. This week's highlight includes somebody who claimed that Punk was a personal hero to him from 2006-2011 but now he doesn't want Punk to return because Punk isn't about the fans, he isn't about CHANGE, he is all about himself.

Though I am pretty sure I heard Dylan from the Wrestling Culture podcast (my favorite wrestling podcast) call in one week and that was fun listening to him talk to Bryan.

Good O JR

I was thinking Heyman.  That segment could easily have been setup for Punk to come out and cut a promo if they would have been able to come to terms with him.

Meltzer has known him for way longer than 20 years.

Austin didn't even know if the whole Punk thing was legit or a work.  I don't know why he'd suddenly have the "411" to clear everything up.

Just in the way that Dave said that his source said "I've been lied to," it just sounded like something Ross would say.  Pure speculation, I don't know.  But "someone not in the company" and "twenty year source," JR fits the bill on both.

Who cares who the source was? It was hilarious seeing Dave get pantsed like that.

Dave is fucked no matter what on his site. When he hears stuff & sits on it by saying "I'll tell you off air" b/c it's unconfirmed he gets called out by his own subscribers as to why they pay their money. If he reports it every little rumor he hears he gets shit on for being wrong. The worst is when a site like PWInsider reports something and Dave's own subscribers yell at him for not saying anything about it. Then it turns out what PWInsider said is wrong and Dave not only doesn't get an apology for being a credible journalist and not reporting an obvious incorrect rumor but he also ends up being the one who gets pegged as the source.

Anyways, yesterday Bryan had an epic failure of a rant on the call-in show. He was yelling about CM Punk when someone asked about the payoff situation due to the network and Bryan's basic argument was you can't quit if you aren't happy about how much you're being paid. You should just be happy you're getting any money at all. It was pretty embarassing... especially coming from a supposed wrestling journalist. This guy is supposed to understand how WWE contracts work & be aware of the history of the business when it comes to promoters ripping off wrestlers so it's mind boggling he would suggest Punk (or anyone) was in the wrong for even ASKING about how payoffs would work.

Who cares who the source was? It was hilarious seeing Dave get pantsed like that.

Dave is fucked no matter what on his site. When he hears stuff & sits on it by saying "I'll tell you off air" b/c it's unconfirmed he gets called out by his own subscribers as to why they pay their money. If he reports it every little rumor he hears he gets shit on for being wrong. The worst is when a site like PWInsider reports something and Dave's own subscribers yell at him for not saying anything about it. Then it turns out what PWInsider said is wrong and Dave not only doesn't get an apology for being a credible journalist and not reporting an obvious incorrect rumor but he also ends up being the one who gets pegged as the source.

Anyways, yesterday Bryan had an epic failure of a rant on the call-in show. He was yelling about CM Punk when someone asked about the payoff situation due to the network and Bryan's basic argument was you can't quit if you aren't happy about how much you're being paid. You should just be happy you're getting any money at all. It was pretty embarassing... especially coming from a supposed wrestling journalist. This guy is supposed to understand how WWE contracts work & be aware of the history of the business when it comes to promoters ripping off wrestlers so it's mind boggling he would suggest Punk (or anyone) was in the wrong for even ASKING about how payoffs would work.

That's a fair point, of course it is. It's just so funny that it happened.

This is a fairly odd reaction to be honest. How is it so funny. Where's the humour?

Give a non-deranged reason please.

This is a fairly odd reaction to be honest. How is it so funny. Where's the humour?

Give a non-deranged reason please.

He said "Punk is there. 100%"

Punk wasn't there. 100%

What I like is people trying to unfold the weird watergate behind him being wrong. 

Who was the source? Who was the smoking man? 

It seems to me that the most obvious rumor to report on coming into that Raw is 'CM Punk is going to be there.' And the easiest way to shrug it off after you've gotten your traffic is by saying 'oh plans changed/someone worked my source.' 

It's not House of Cards. I have a hard time believing higher ups at WWE remember Meltzer exists, let alone spend time trying to thwart him.