DVDVR Message Board

All things STAR WARS~!

ultimoDANK

I'm way more excited about new Star Wars than the 13 year old.

He said "It'll take a lot of patching to get that thing back off the ground."

Those were his exact words.

Well, 13 year olds are stupid.

He's extremely excited for the new season of Doctor Who, save for the fact that it's starting weekend after next and not last weekend. Likewise the Rick Riordan book coming out in a month or two. Star Wars though? Not so much.

As the founder of the "One-Hit Wonder" thread, I'll be curious to see which of the 'new' actors from the sequels go on to have careers and which ones will be permanently joining the convention circuit before the end of the decade:

[At the autograph signing line at a comic book convention:]

John Boyega: Bloody hell, my wrist hurts.  Think I must have signed over a dozen autographs.

Nichelle "Uhura" Nichols: This your first autograph signing, honey?

John Boyega: Yeah, 

Nichelle Nicholas: Hey, Sylvester, it's this kid's first signing and he's already complaining about a sore wrist.

Sylvester "Doctor Who" McCoy: Hope he has health insurance, that carpal tunnel syndrome's a bitch.

Billy Dee Williams: Works every time!

[All the "veteran" celebrities in the signing line exchange laughs while Boyega, Daisy Ridley, and Adam Driver exchange nervous glances with each other.]

I'm worried Han is gonna go down.

Given Harrison Ford's repeated desires to kill off Han Solo and general apathy towards the character, Peter Mayhew's crippling back problems which would make any sort of extended appearances in the 8th and 9th films a problem (let alone the 7th), and the fact that the "we're home" footage seems to indicate that it had been years since either Han or Chewbacca had set foot inside the Falcon...

...how would you not walk away from those trailers and not think that the Millenium Falcon scenes we've seen end with the Falcon (and Han and Chewie) slamming into the bridge of a Star Destroyer to buy time for Han's kids while they escape from the Sith? 

I'm worried Han is gonna go down.

Given Harrison Ford's repeated desires to kill off Han Solo and general apathy towards the character, Peter Mayhew's crippling back problems which would make any sort of extended appearances in the 8th and 9th films a problem (let alone the 7th), and the fact that the "we're home" footage seems to indicate that it had been years since either Han or Chewbacca had set foot inside the Falcon...

...how would you not walk away from those trailers and not think that the Millenium Falcon scenes we've seen end with the Falcon (and Han and Chewie) slamming into the bridge of a Star Destroyer to buy time for Han's kids while they escape from the Sith?

I think JJ will not kill off Han because I enjoy the idea of keeping Han alive against Ford's wishes. But sadly I'm okay with them killing off Chewie as long as we get more wookiees later on

Killing Han makes sense thematically, especially since, when he broke his ankle, the studio said the script was very Han-centric.  

Qui-Gonn died in Episode I, Obi-Wan died in Episode IV (Spoilers!)

The mentor, Han, sacrificing himself for the main characters follows that pattern.  That said, I really don't want it to happen because Han is the best.  

• Like 3

I'm with you. You can't kill Han, at least not in the first movie. Save that shit for the middle movie. Actually, just don't do it at all because Han is maybe one of the most beloved characters from that universe and killing him seems like it would be a catastrophic gut punch. No matter how that movie ends, you're just going to feel like shit because Han died.

Han Solo that is.

Not Han Seoul Lo.

• Like 1

http://io9.com/everything-we-know-about-star-wars-post-return-of-the-j-1729549100

Majorly full of spoilers.  

Basically the new official Canon for everything that happened the couple years post-ROTJ, gotten from all the books they released last Friday.

Thanks for pointing that out. Its a nice way to catch up. I like a lot of what I read.

http://io9.com/everything-we-know-about-star-wars-post-return-of-the-j-1729549100

Majorly full of spoilers.  

Basically the new official Canon for everything that happened the couple years post-ROTJ, gotten from all the books they released last Friday.

Thanks for pointing that out. Its a nice way to catch up. I like a lot of what I read.

Agreed.  This was a great resource.  I'm still going to pretend that Thrawn is out there somewhere in the Outer Rim fucking shit up.  

I am still stunned that JJ did not pull the trigger on making Kylo Ren a Chiss male as a tribute to Thrawn.   Those rumors were so strong.

JJ Abrams doesn't give two shits about Grand Admiral Thrawn that all the dudes who write fake rumors for Star Wars do.  

I am still stunned that JJ did not pull the trigger on making Kylo Ren a Chiss male as a tribute to Thrawn.   Those rumors were so strong.

JJ Abrams doesn't give two shits about Grand Admiral Thrawn that all the dudes who write fake rumors for Star Wars do.  

Stop messin with my dream, man.  It is a good dream. :)

But yeah, I didn't expect JJ to kowtow to EU wingnuts given the thumb directly to the eye he gave to psycho Trekkies with the Star Trek reboot.

He seems to really enjoy ruffling the feathers of canon fanboys and TBH I support that policy.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

None of the marathon's are less than 90 minutes from me.. no way the wife lets me go.

Also, haveing tried to do all 6 in one day was pretty hard, I can't see that then going right into a 7th.  I just couldn't do it.