Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

AEW TV DEAL


Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, SovietShooter said:

So, isn't that basically what UFC does with ESPN? The "fight nights" or whatever are on ESPN+, but the numbered UFC events are available for an additional fee?

I can see the AEW/ROH archives and perhaps a MAX-exclusive weekly ROH show as part of the basic MAX package, and then the pseudo-monthly PPV as an additional fee right thru the MAX platform.

Wrestling may be the only holdout when it comes to this especially the last ten years post WWE Network. 

DAZN went from the PPV is dead motto to having boxing on PPV at the same retail price or even higher. You have the aforementioned UFC PPVs. The price points are ridiculous. The lone exception is probably the upcoming Jake Paul-Mike Tyson deal on Netflix but Jake Paul's recent fights AFAIK haven't done particularly well so they cannot really charge an exorbitant price.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

So a mention of them filming a pilot for a new show that isn’t a reality show, and then today RJ CIty announces he and Renee hosting “Match and a Meal” on the TBS YouTube channel starting next week, with the first guest being Eddie Kingston.

check that: coming Friday!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pa_g7IRmZmU

Edited by JLowe
Added a link
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, JLowe said:

So a mention of them filming a pilot for a new show that isn’t a reality show, and then today RJ CIty announces he and Renee hosting “Match and a Meal” on the TBS YouTube channel starting next week, with the first guest being Eddie Kingston.

check that: coming Friday!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pa_g7IRmZmU

I for one am thankful for the revival of the closest thing we'll have to Dinner and A Movie.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SovietShooter said:

So, isn't that basically what UFC does with ESPN? The "fight nights" or whatever are on ESPN+, but the numbered UFC events are available for an additional fee?

I can see the AEW/ROH archives and perhaps a MAX-exclusive weekly ROH show as part of the basic MAX package, and then the pseudo-monthly PPV as an additional fee right thru the MAX platform.

Yeah, I'll also gladly take something like Honor Club used to be, where all archives are there, and PPVs cost extra and are added to the archives after a few months.  Currently, I pay a yearly VPN fee of like 50 and then $7/month for Triller, which gets me all TV archives and live episodes commercial free, and $20 for PPVs (old and new). 

But that's another question.  Where do the weekly shows go if they get a Max deal?  Stay on TNT & TBS, and go to Max a few weeks after (I believe that's what Raw does on Peacock)?  Best case would be TNT & TBS with the commercial free feed on Max 😃

But shit, they way things always seem to go, just imagine your ideal situation of a Max deal, and then realize you'll get something far worse.

Edited by Technico Support
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, JLowe said:

So a mention of them filming a pilot for a new show that isn’t a reality show, and then today RJ CIty announces he and Renee hosting “Match and a Meal” on the TBS YouTube channel starting next week, with the first guest being Eddie Kingston.

check that: coming Friday!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pa_g7IRmZmU

A match and a meal? How about a punchfest and a pancake? A fight and a flapjack? A wargames and a waffle? A cagematch and a crepe? A battle royale and a blintz? No? Then there is no pleasing you.

 

Edited by Gordi the former AEW fan
  • Haha 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Gordi the former AEW fan said:

A match and a meal? How about a punchfest and a pancake? A fight and a flapjack? A wargames and a waffle? A cagematch and a crepe? A battle royale and a blintz? No? Then there is no pleasing you.

 

nGMrD.gif

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/14/2024 at 5:31 PM, Technico Support said:

 

Jay Lethal himself hawking knee braces was the absolute nadir of advertising during ROH's Sinclair run. 

 

Or The Briscoe's hawking Super Beta Prostate supplements during the same run.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Ramo2653 said:

Or The Briscoe's hawking Super Beta Prostate supplements during the same run.

Anyone remember the Four Horsemen Vitamins?  And when Ric Flair would get all worked up during a promo, and say to JJ he needed some vitamins, and then he'd throw a couple down and resume his promo?

 

 

Edited by SovietShooter
Added a video!
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SovietShooter said:

Anyone remember the Four Horsemen Vitamins?  And when Ric Flair would get all worked up during a promo, and say to JJ he needed some vitamins, and then he'd throw a couple down and resume his promo?

This sounds like a thing Shaq would pitch.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Stefanie Sparkleface said:

This sounds like a thing Shaq would pitch.

EVERYTHING sounds like a thing Shaq would pitch.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Watched Shaq last night on Hot Ones. He was his usual gregarious self. Fun guy... but I didn't know he was a volunteer cop. Boooooo. The Henry Rollins was on too and after seeing his record collection I seriously doubt he's as intense these days as everyone thinks. He has a sense of humor like everyone else. The Black Flag days when he was getting batteries thrown at him and having to deck people out in the crowd are long over. AND he just curated an LA '80s hardcore comp 2LP with all the classics on it. 

Anyway. I've been waiting since March for that goddamn Tyson fight. And it's STILL not until freakin' July 20th. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rollins did a ton of stuff once he got into acting that showed he wasn't the hard ass that he presented during the Black Flag days.  He was also dealing with the shit from Cole's murder for a while in the early 90's that fucked him up a bit.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Watched Shaq last night on Hot Ones. He was his usual gregarious self. Fun guy... but I didn't know he was a volunteer cop. Boooooo.

You might want to look into the things he's done as a deputy. Unless you have a problem with him busting up a homophobic hate crime or tracking down people trying to traffic minors.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Stefanie Sparkleface said:

You might want to look into the things he's done as a deputy. Unless you have a problem with him busting up a homophobic hate crime or tracking down people trying to traffic minors.

Hope you don't mind me putting this here from his Wiki page:

Quote

O'Neal maintained a high level of interest in the workings of police departments and became personally involved in law enforcement. O'Neal went through the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Reserve Academy and became a reserve officer with the Los Angeles Port Police. On March 2, 2005, O'Neal was given an honorary U.S. Deputy Marshal title and named the spokesman for the Safe Surfin' Foundation; he served an honorary role on the task force of the same name, which tracks down sexual predators who target children on the Internet.[227]

Upon his trade to Miami, O'Neal began training to become a Miami Beach reserve officer. On December 8, 2005, he was sworn in, but elected for a private ceremony to avoid distracting attention from the other officers. He assumed a $1-per-year salary in this capacity.[228] Shortly thereafter, in Miami, O'Neal witnessed a hate crime (assaulting a man while calling out homophobic slurs) and called Miami-Dade police, describing the suspect and helping police, over his cell phone, track the offender.[228] O'Neal's actions resulted in the arrest of two suspects on charges of aggravated battery, assault, and a hate crime.[229]

So yeah, Shaq seems like a pretty damn good dude.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

New Jack was a Bounty Hunter too. Mostly before his Wrestling career took off.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Imagine, if you will - New Jack, Steve Blackman, and David Schultz in a comedy movie about rival bounty hunters who must set aside their differences and work together to catch a fugitive; scenes mostly consisting of New Jack and Schultz bickering in the back seat while Blackman is driving with a weary, beleaguered expression on his face.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/21/2024 at 3:35 PM, Sex Machine Gun said:

STEVE BLACKMAN, BOUNTY HUNTER

 

7 hours ago, Hamhock said:

Imagine, if you will - New Jack, Steve Blackman, and David Schultz in a comedy movie about rival bounty hunters who must set aside their differences and work together to catch a fugitive; scenes mostly consisting of New Jack and Schultz bickering in the back seat while Blackman is driving with a weary, beleaguered expression on his face.

I always crack up at any mention of Steve Blackman: Bounty Hunter. "She threw a fuckin' plant at me!" lives in my head rent free.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...