DVDVR Message Board

AEW - APRIL 2024

2 minutes ago, Just Dave said:

TK throwing fucking haymakers on NFL network. Called wwe the “Harvey Weinstein of pro wrestling.” 

He actually said that AEW was Pepsi compared to WWE's Weinstein? Yea, what a bizarre comparison. Pepsi and their well known rivalry with film mogul Harvey Weinstein is the thing of legends!

Tony needs some kind of media training or something, because he just comes off badly almost any time he speaks publicly. Maybe he needs to concentrate more on his TV show's faltering ratings, and dismal live show attendance.

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, ChrisM said:

He actually said that AEW was Pepsi compared to WWE's Weinstein? Yea, what a bizarre comparison. Pepsi and their well known rivalry with film mogul Harvey Weinstein is the thing of legends!

Tony needs some kind of media training or something, because he just comes off badly almost any time he speaks publicly. Maybe he needs to concentrate more on his TV show's faltering ratings, and dismal live show attendance.

He can’t fix the ratings overnight. He CAN use this giant platform to point out what shitty people run the wwe. He did plug AEW programming several times. Also; fuck wwe.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Just Dave said:

He can’t fix the ratings overnight. He CAN use this giant platform to point out what shitty people run the wwe. He did plug AEW programming several times. Also; fuck wwe.

Lol. The ratings were great until people started realizing that Tony had no idea what the fuck he was doing.

Edited by ChrisM
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, zendragon said:

I want Papa Shad to do the territory thing of bringing in an even BIGGER BIG BAD to deal with the current BIG BAD, throwing in a "distant family relative" type bit would be what ever

Oh shit who’s gonna play Rough House Khan on a weekend pass from the sanitarium?

I mean, a lot of weird stuff with WWE and allegedly executives that knew what was going on to some extent. I think it’s awkward but in terms of a jabI like the move. 

I used Paterno as an example before. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Jenalysis said:

Satnam?

I was thinking brat would actually be awesome but again, India and Pakistan are not the same place.

A Pakistani lady I used to see once told me the whole thing between them, I guess it runs so deep they actually have like a specific slur for Indians (which I can't remember, and wouldn't repeat even if I did). I also can't remember the exact year, but they were the same country until pretty shockingly recently (like the '20s-'30s or something like that). The Naughty Korea/South Korea comparison is pretty close

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

A Pakistani lady I used to see once told me the whole thing between them, I guess it runs so deep they actually have like a specific slur for Indians (which I can't remember, and wouldn't repeat even if I did). I also can't remember the exact year, but they were the same country until pretty shockingly recently (like the '20s-'30s or something like that). The Naughty Korea/South Korea comparison is pretty close

1947, it’s a somewhat major plot point in the Ms. Marvel TV show.

• Like 4

All Shad would have to say is he's got family north of the border (like a lot of the aforementioned Koreans)

anyhoo I think we can all agree AEW peaked with Bear Bronson threating analingus on a table topped Daddy Ass

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Defend it at Bloodsport, in Stu's spirit. Jericho versus Warmaster!

"Shooter" Chris Jericho is about the only gimmick he hasn't had yet. It would be a lot better than The Learning Tree. The one thing though that sucks, at least in my view is Taz is pissed about what Jericho did to the FTW Belt (putting his name over the Taz logo) and him beaning Hook in the head with the ball bat. I know it can't happen cause of all the injuries he has, but the seeds are there for a Jericho/Taz fight.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Phantom Lord said:

"Shooter" Chris Jericho is about the only gimmick he hasn't had yet. It would be a lot better than The Learning Tree. The one thing though that sucks, at least in my view is Taz is pissed about what Jericho did to the FTW Belt (putting his name over the Taz logo) and him beaning Hook in the head with the ball bat. I know it can't happen cause of all the injuries he has, but the seeds are there for a Jericho/Taz fight.

Remember “Gotch Gracie” ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, zendragon said:

anyhoo I think we can all agree AEW peaked with Bear Bronson threating analingus on a table topped Daddy Ass

Somebody has to have that video. Please. I have to hear that fucking quote again. 

• Like 1

AEW isn't over CM Punk. Tony Khan isn't over CM Punk, and it seems the roster isn't over CM Punk either. This guy who works for AEW and wrote a message to Meltzer for the first time in two years apparently still isn't over what happened with Punk in AEW.

https://itrwrestling.com/news/recently-released-smackdown-star-was-told-he-would-always-have-a-job-in-wwe-april-26th-wrestling-news-round-up/

8 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Imagine if Killer Khan was still alive. 

If TK comes out wearing KK's "The Conqueror" vest and pointy hat I may briefly stop hating this angle . No one wants Tony as a character. At first, he was insistent that he would not be one, and now here we are. Again, pointy King and I hat, Coach TK, and it's all good.

5 hours ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

If TK comes out wearing KK's "The Conqueror" vest and pointy hat I may briefly stop hating this angle . No one wants Tony as a character. At first, he was insistent that he would not be one, and now here we are. Again, pointy King and I hat, Coach TK, and it's all good.

Tony Khan has always wanted to be one of the boys. That’s why he can’t function as a leader.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

1947 was independence and the partition, and Pakistan and Bangladesh were the same country for a while after that.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, ChrisM said:

Lol. The ratings were great until people started realizing that Tony had no idea what the fuck he was doing.

He has a spreadsheet, of course he knows what he's doing. If what he's doing is not working, that's a whole another thing altogether!