DVDVR Message Board

AEW - APRIL 2024

On 4/21/2024 at 12:09 PM, Log said:

You know if Danielson saw footage of Ugandan wrestling, he’d want to work there. 

Well, Danielson did wrestle Kamala in 2009, IIRC. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zimbra said:

I know AEW isn't a serious company because there isn't already a PO Box where I can send TK a get well card.

I was like 16 and I sent Matilda a get well card.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

free idea for AEW:

have a giant get well card for Tony signed by all the various AEW wrestlers, only for the Elite to show up and smash up the card (can't be a conventional card unless you want them to just rip a giant card into pieces)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

May be an image of 2 people, people playing football, television and text that says '密NE LIV MTH DRAFT DRAFT DRA ROO JACKSONVILL ARI BUF BAL y: Signed 4-yr/ 4- /$92M contract with DET SF KC O2 CAR #TRBAMEXGLUBIVE EXCLUBIVE 31,Jne3-4,June6 NFL OFPSFABONG SON DOVERADE NE ARI'

"I have more Cocaine than Jackie Crockett and damn I'm gonna use it"

papa Shad should bring in Jinder to go after The Dastardly Elite!

I'd also like for Jericho to rename the FTW title then "Stu Hart International Title"

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, zendragon said:

papa Shad should bring in Jinder to go after The Dastardly Elite!

Mustafa Ali would fit if they want to do a “he’s a distant cousin of the Khan family” gimmick

but he presumably has some sort of contract with TNA unless they’re dumb

11 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

he should show up in a larger neck brace tomorrow night and an even larger one on Saturday

When the Russians turned on Don Kernodle, Kernodle was bed ridden and in a halo afterwards. 

Wheel his ass around the arena in a bed.

6 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

No offense to anybody, but Ive seen the "bring in Jinder" stuff a lot and I just need to point out that Jiner is Indian and the Khans are Pakistani.  There is a difference.

Sonjay Dutt was able to speak Punjabi with Shad Khan. So I suspect that some people might know what Jinder is Punjabi and Shad is from Pakistan’s Punjab region. The rest don’t know that Jinder isn’t Pakistani

I think the Jinder thought is less on ethnicity and more on him and TK having a twitter moment a few months ago. I could very well be wrong and missing the actual discourse. 
saying that, I don’t want him in AEW. Unless he can do bangers, I’m assuming he’s not needed. I saw on twitter wools talking about him being a good guy, so I hope he can make a lot of money outside of the WWE.

Edited by Octopus

4 minutes ago, Octopus said:

I think the Jinder thought is less on ethnicity and more on him and TK having a twitter moment a few months ago. I could very well be wrong and missing the actual discourse. 
saying that, I don’t want him in AEW. Unless he can do bangers, I’m assuming he’s not needed. I saw on twitter wools talking about him being a good guy, so I hope he can make a lot of money outside of the WWE.

I can confirm that Jinder is a super nice dude. 

• Thanks 1

Having Jinder do the Ric Flair “Tony, we’re partners” sort of thing aka Flair’s WWF return in Charlotte would be a fun reference. But I don’t think they can wait 3 months for Jinder’s non-compete to run out (even with recent FTC announcements, I doubt they’re gonna make that move before the decision gets held up)

MJF would be an interesting “protector” here since he might need something to do while waiting for Adam Cole to heal.

1 hour ago, Cobra Commander said:

MJF would be an interesting “protector” here since he might need something to do while waiting for Adam Cole to heal.

Tony doing the "I have to inject AEW with a lethal dose of poison" Vince speech as he spins around his chair to reveal the letters "m J f" in the nWo logo font...

Edited by Hamhock
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

But MJF's thing has always kind of been, "Fuck off Tony, I do what I want!", though, hasn't it? I don't think he really fits in that role.

If healthy, I think Omega makes more sense. Already got beef with the Bucks and was also one of the founders.

2 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

Sonjay Dutt was able to speak Punjabi with Shad Khan. So I suspect that some people might know what Jinder is Punjabi and Shad is from Pakistan’s Punjab region. The rest don’t know that Jinder isn’t Pakistani

2 hours ago, Octopus said:

For sure, guys.  I just don't want to steer into WWE style "he's brown enough and they're all the same" territory, like putting Filipino DJZ into the LWO.

1 hour ago, Hamhock said:

Tony doing the "I have to inject AEW with a lethal dose of poison" Vince speech as he spins around his chair to reveal the letters "m J f" in the nWo logo font...

It would be even better with 'The Firm' and everybody would be going "Wait...who was The Firm again!?"

• Haha 1