DVDVR Message Board

The Wall Street Journal Vince McMahon Thread.

Message added by jaedmc,

It's a gross story, don't stare too deeply into the abyss or it will stare back.

Also be adults and don't make us ban you.

14 hours ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

I didn't watch it either, because these wrestling post show scrums stink. It's either Khan wearing his Inoki scarf saying how awesome everything is as chaos is happening, or HHH not having a prepared statement that didn't actually say anything, but wasn't him looking like a buffoon as he did.

Wrestling didn't need post show media press conferences. Get rid of them.

I dunno, just about the coolest thing ever is the interview with Akira Hokuto after the Dreamslam match against Kandori.  But I suppose you mean actual press conferences as opposed to one-on-one interviews, and that makes sense.

Edited by Contentious C

1 hour ago, (BP) said:

Jeff spends at least five minutes throwing a pity party for the wrestling world he came up in disappearing because Vince is gone before Conrad brings up that there is an actual victim at the center of the story, and then Jeff goes straight into the anyone, even Vince, can be redeemed rap. It sucks. 

I caught the clip on YouTube where Jeff Jarrett is clearly dealing with the issue and I have a hard time with his thinking that anyone even Vince McMahon can be redeemed.

Considering that Vince McMahon bought up his father's territory to drive him out of business, ordered his best friend to do an unneeded stunt that killed him, and Vince McMahon sought to professionally sabotage Jeff Jarrett through the years until recently, I guess Jeff Jarrett doesn't want to appear angry or bitter over that to assess the situation.

He did say he didn't read the lawsuit, so that didn't play into it either.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

I wonder if Jarrett doesn't want to say anything against Vince/the WWE in general to potentially keep the door open in case he needs a job again.

I dunno about that given that he seems to be well off financially and getting paid full time to be a part time employee. That and his stepson is in high school so moving to Stamford really wouldn't be a priority right now.

6 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

I mean, it's not like Vince is the only guy that Jeff Jarrett worked with for years who could get accused of rape jerrylawler

Oh shit, I was gonna go with Andrew McManus.

Yeah, I am not sure how any of that has to do with what's being discussed. However, this does allow me to bring up that part of the story everyone universally agrees on is they went to Taco Bell and then went to buy some furniture. Rapist? I dunno. White trash? Guilty as charged.

2 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

I think it may be that some people have had to step on eggshells for so long to keep in New York's good graces that they practically have Stockholm Syndrome.

This. I would say over half the people working in wrestling have Stockholm Syndrome and that's why there hasn't been a widespread condemnation from male wrestlers. They're afraid of Vince McMahon somehow preventing them from working in the WWE and/or sabotaging their careers. Even though Vince McMahon isn't even at TKO/WWE anymore.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

I think it may be that some people have had to step on eggshells for so long to keep in New York's good graces that they practically have Stockholm Syndrome.

There's also a chance that they might just not want to get involved in the discussion and don't want to come off like Ken Anderson.

20 hours ago, Andrew POE! said:

I caught the clip on YouTube where Jeff Jarrett is clearly dealing with the issue and I have a hard time with his thinking that anyone even Vince McMahon can be redeemed.

Considering that Vince McMahon bought up his father's territory to drive him out of business, ordered his best friend to do an unneeded stunt that killed him, and Vince McMahon sought to professionally sabotage Jeff Jarrett through the years until recently, I guess Jeff Jarrett doesn't want to appear angry or bitter over that to assess the situation.

He did say he didn't read the lawsuit, so that didn't play into it either.

Jeff's pretty relentlessly positive. He's also a born again Christian, and one of their most base tenets is that anyone can come to know Christ and be saved. From what I've read, I highly doubt Vince is capable of the self-reflection necessary to make any sort of positive change, but I'd be willing to bet that's where Jeff is coming from.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Just Dave said:

Jeff's pretty relentlessly positive. He's also a born again Christian, and one of their most base tenets is that anyone can come to know Christ and be saved. From what I've read, I highly doubt Vince is capable of the self-reflection necessary to make any sort of positive change, but I'd be willing to bet that's where Jeff is coming from.

I haven't heard it yet myself, but I was hoping J.J. had enough sense that it was something along those lines - given your read on it, I'm getting a vibe that he's the type of guy who would likely say similar if he were speaking with, for example, a death row inmate or something like that.

With that said, while I obviously want to respect J.J. and other folks' religious beliefs as much as possible, thinking a bit more 'secularly' I also 100% understand why many would find ANY talk of forgiveness or redemption of any kind to be wildly inappropriate at the moment (which is where I'm at right now, full disclosure - not out of opposition to forgiveness as a virtue or anything, but more out of holy shit did you read that thing???)

• Like 2

Not funny, but when I read Madusa's tweet, it took me several reads to realize she was saying H-Bomb or some shit like H-Bomb in people's food.

But what's sad is that I read it as H-Bomb or "literal actual shit" and thought that sounded right too.

What have we become?

• Like 3

fuckin’ what? There’s literally a section of the lawsuit that describes Ace and Vince raping her in an office. This fucking piece of shit.

Pretty sure this all happened while his wife had brain cancer, too. Or recovering from surgery to remove the tumors on her brain stem, anyway.

• Like 3

Love to see a co-defendant step away from the other and say "It was his fucking idea."

Some other folks with way more knowledge can answer this but doesn't this make it harder for Vince and Co to settle before this goes to trial? If a co-defendant is basically saying "Yeah that happened and I'm a victim too-" why would plaintiff want to take a settlement?

5 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

Love to see a co-defendant step away from the other and say "It was his fucking idea."

Some other folks with way more knowledge can answer this but doesn't this make it harder for Vince and Co to settle before this goes to trial? If a co-defendant is basically saying "Yeah that happened and I'm a victim too-" why would plaintiff want to take a settlement?

Paging Dr. Metal,   Dr.  @Lawful Metal

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

It just makes it messier, but again, that had to be expected unless the defendants were both saying all these allegations are fabricated and baseless. John's lawyer is basically stated, "yeah, something probably did in fact happen cause of X..."

Now it's the court's job to sort through this.

However, it does reinforce that my belief that Vince is a goner something fierce. I dunno if prison time is in the books, but Vince's people went the former (that the accuser is making everything up). John's folks are going with the latter. They don't have their stories together. Something ain't lining up and that spells Trouble in River City, ladies and gentlemen.