DVDVR Message Board
Message added by Dolfan in NYC,

FYI --

On 2/22/2024 at 1:55 PM, Phil Schneider said:

Folks have asked me how they can help with the show, we are looking for people to sponsor matches! So if you have something you want to promote reach out to Matt at [email protected]. Just let him know what you want to promote!!

I was also thinking that we could have the board as a whole sponsor a match, if folks have some cash to spare we could all pool it and have a match be a "brought to you by the DVDVR board." One of the things I am excited about for this show is that we are bringing in folks who aren't the typical "Mania weekend guys working 10 shows" Demus and Slim J aren't working anywhere else Mania weekend, Thatcher is only working us and Bloodsport, and we have one more wild name like that we are working on, but could use some help with the plane tickets and hotel room. 

If you want to contribute to the group sponsorship, you can PayPal Matt at [email protected] or use Venmo or Cashapp, just put DVDVR Board DEAN~! sponsorship in the tag line. If we could raise a couple hundred bucks it would make it a lot easier to pull the trigger on this name we are working on 🙂

Spoiler

image.png

image.png

1 hour ago, The Man Known as Dan said:

Hits keep on coming. Priest is damned good, and super excited he’s on the card.

I’ve had similar thoughts as well. I am at the moment figuring out the means to fly out from the Midwest to see this live and would love a hang out before hand.

Also, wanted to thank you in person Johnny for introducing a poor lost teenager posting on Prowrestling.net that wanted more intelligent conversation that this was the place for me some twenty years ago.

Well don't use Priceline/ Expedia. They fucked me last year. I'll tell you all about it at the show, man.

I will do some digging for Williamstown. Going from memory, it’s a lot of strip mall chain restaurant types of places — it’s right when the Philly suburbs start to no longer become the suburbs.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Zimbra said:

Anybody know if there's transit from the Philly airport to Williamstown? Am I stuck renting a car if I go?

There’s probably some combination of trains and buses you can take but I can see that easily lasting longer than your flight.

There are probably a few van services or something that can bring you. Not sure if the costs but here is one: https://www.kinglimoinc.com/our-services/personal/airport-shuttle-service-gloucester-county/airport-shuttle-service-williamstown/

But, yeah, you might get stuck renting a car. Williamstown is probably 30 minutes or so from the airport without traffic. 

Also, where is the event being held at specifically? “Williamstown” is pretty far spread out and overlaps with a lot of zip codes. 

• Like 1

The fact that the two wrestlers announced for this show are guys I have not heard of, but now want to check out really badly is a great tribute to Dean. His excitement for some random name I'd never heard before led me to check out a ton of wrestlers that I wouldn't have found otherwise.

I so wish I could attend this. I think it's a really sweet gesture and such a cool tribute. I'll definitely be checking it out on IWTV.

• Like 2

4 wrestlers announced so far: Daniel Makabe, Slim J, Mad Dog Connelly, and Adam Priest.

On the season of Uncharted Territory that was in the TWE Arena in Chattanooga TN, Adam Priest was on every week, looking very much like he was the best wrestler in the world right then. One week, later in the run, his opponent was Mad Dog Connelly, and it was incredible. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AxB said:

4 wrestlers announced so far: Daniel Makabe, Slim J, Mad Dog Connelly, and Adam Priest.

On the season of Uncharted Territory that was in the TWE Arena in Chattanooga TN, Adam Priest was on every week, looking very much like he was the best wrestler in the world right then. One week, later in the run, his opponent was Mad Dog Connelly, and it was incredible. 

I am partial to Adam Priest, he was the first two time ACTION champion and I had a hand in sending him to Germany/UK last year for a tour (he main evented a wXw show with Fuminori Abe in a cool match).  He's insanely good and can adapt to anyone.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Greggulator said:

I will do some digging for Williamstown. Going from memory, it’s a lot of strip mall chain restaurant types of places — it’s right when the Philly suburbs start to no longer become the suburbs.

Seeing how far away it is from anything literally hurt my soul, especially on a Thursday night. But missing out would hurt even more. Got my ticket with Rev Ray last night... it'll be my first show since G1 Supercard, so almost literally 5 years to the day.

• Like 5

On 1/17/2024 at 5:45 PM, Phil Schneider said:

If we pull off what we are shooting for, ooh buddy

Looks like you pulled it off:

Spoiler

DOG COLLAR MATCH: MAD DOG CONNELLY VS

Spoiler

MOTHERFUCKIN DEMUS~!~!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 1/18/2024 at 3:15 PM, Pete said:

Seeing how far away it is from anything literally hurt my soul, especially on a Thursday night. But missing out would hurt even more. Got my ticket with Rev Ray last night... it'll be my first show since G1 Supercard, so almost literally 5 years to the day.

I got my flight booked today. Looking forward to seeing you guys again. Last show we were at together was JAPW in 2006. 

• Like 3

I'm just cracking up for each new graphic, picturing each guy sitting at their computer and wondering what they're celebrating/reacting to.

• Haha 4

When I saw the announcement of Gringo Loco I thought "who is the oldest living luchador that can fly into the states for WM weekend and do a match"    I mean not even talking Dr Wagner Jr level old either.  

• Like 1