DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2023 - WEEK FOURTEEN

RIPPA

Last night was a roll coaster of emotions. Mostly of frustration. 

On the bright side, the weather was pleasant, the fans were great (met some fellow Canadians who made the trip down) and I had a blast with my bro in law and nephew (the tickets were their birthday presents).

Unfortunately, we aren't a playoff team. Especially after laying a couple eggs against a couple of 2-10 teams. And with all the frustration felt throughout the game, their was a glimmer of hope at the end. I have a feeling, Kenny would've won last night if the game played out the same up to the 4th quarter.

But all in all, I had a good time, which would've been a great time if we got the W.

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Notable stat:  Pittsburgh just became the first over .500 team in NFL history to lose back to back to teams that are at least 8 games below .500

To be fair - and they even mentioned it on the broadcast- this is such a niche stat. It’s not like this exact scenario has played out that many times 

3 hours ago, Infinit said:

Last night was a roll coaster of emotions. Mostly of frustration. 

On the bright side, the weather was pleasant, the fans were great (met some fellow Canadians who made the trip down) and I had a blast with my bro in law and nephew (the tickets were their birthday presents).

Unfortunately, we aren't a playoff team. Especially after laying a couple eggs against a couple of 2-10 teams. And with all the frustration felt throughout the game, their was a glimmer of hope at the end. I have a feeling, Kenny would've won last night if the game played out the same up to the 4th quarter.

But all in all, I had a good time, which would've been a great time if we got the W.

Aw, it's cute that you think Kenny could've gotten you to 18 points in the first place. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Tabe said:

Aw, it's cute that you think Kenny could've gotten you to 18 points in the first place. 

I was talking to one of my friends about how I think His Flacco is the best quarterback the Browns have played this season. It isn't that Flacco is good, it's just he's the only one who has played in a way that made me think,  "that's above the baseline for an NFL quarterback." Everyone else looked like every capable quarterback was kidnapped by terrorists and these were the guys who were left over. So if a Steelers fan thinks,  "at least Kenny doesn't look like he is a replacement from when terrorists stole all the quarterbacks," I understand.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The Bills vs the Chiefs is just as interesting as it always is, even though it’s clearly not the 2 best teams vs each other. The Bills suck. Bad. But the Chiefs find a way to lose at the end vs any team that hangs around. 

I don’t know if them just being ready by January is going to be a thing this time, even though I thought it would be all the way until now. I don’t know if the Bills can do what they have to do either though. They’ll play their asses off but I just don’t have the same feeling about them as I’ve had then seen with lesser teams playing with their seasons on the line. Packers last week, Commanders when they beat the Eagles last year, Andrew Luck Colts when they beat the Broncos that year etc.

7 minutes ago, hammerva said:

According to Paul Kuharsky on Twitter. former Titans and Maryland TE Frank Wycheck passed away.  Part of the greatest play in Titans history 😔

Even worse - it appears it is from him suffering a fall in his house where he hit his head

• Sad 4

Hanson was upset for Christian McCaffrey's fantasy owners, because McCaffrey had to miss a play after an opening play 73 yard run to catch his breath, and the Niners scored a rushing TD on the play. I think that most McCaffrey owners are you know, happy with the 72 yard run.

Hooboy, if the Ravens get screwed by how the refs called it, there's going to be riots.

(Jackson throws a clear incomplete pass going down, that if it was a fumble, was recovered by defense, but he was ruled down by contact. By rulebook, they cannot overturn it into an incomplete pass, but they can overturn it into a fumble (with a clear recovery)

They got the spirit right, they decided to keep the sack (because it would punish the Ravens to rule it a fumble when it clearly wasn't), and the Ravens scored on the next play

Edited by SirFozzie

I just caught up on the Sean McD thing. That was a really dumb thing to say because of how predictable the reaction would be but besides that I can write it off as lockerroom talk. Meanwhile the Bills look January ready. I just don’t know if they can make this run because even if they have their heads screwed back on right, it will be hard to win them all.