DVDVR Message Board

2013-2014 NCAA FOOTBALL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

Any thoughts on SEC rule to require there teams to play one game vs another big 5 confrence team?

It's a meaningless ruling designed to deflect attention away from the fact that they didn't pass the 9 game schedule. Almost every SEC team already plays at least one Big 5 OOC opponent each season.

Obviously, the 9 game schedule is the sensible thing to do, but between the lower echelon teams not wanting to trade one of their gimme wins for another competitive conference game and LSU and Florida continuing to be cryin' ass bitches about having to play each other, I'm not sure it's ever going to happen.

From a friend...

Surely the case will be cracked open in the days and weeks ahead as Winston is thrown into hot water once again.  I guess you could say Seminoles head coach Jimbo Fisher will be a little crabby that his star quarterback is drawing negative headlines towards the program.  It’ll be interesting what kind of legal legs this case has to stand on.

So since he's been suspended by the baseball team do people expect him to face anything from the football side?

Maybe he'll get the Johnny Manziel "benched for the first half against a team we're going to crush anyway" suspension.

*checks Florida State's schedule*

Never mind, they open with Oklahoma State. No way he sits.

Oh, there will be a cease and desist letter coming. But until then, laugh away!

jameis-winston-crab-legs-elite-daily.jpg

Just another case of a college athlete being exploited without getting a dime to show for it. :)
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
I can't believe they actually went through with claiming the 93 championship (they were banned from postseason play that year and therefore ineligible for the SEC championship or a bowl game). LOL. Little Brother Syndrome to the max.

They might as well have claimed the 2004 championship while they were at it. It would be more legitimate. And, mark my words: within the next 20 years, they will.

At the very least, they have officially lost their right to quibble over the legitimacy of Bama's national titles with this move, so I'll never have to listen to another verbal power point presentation from any of them on that subject ever again. So I feel like the real winner today.