DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER WRESTLING CHIT CHAT

RIPPA

"Why the WWE must sign AJ Styles before the Royal Rumble" is the 2nd story on Yahoo's front page today. Very surreal.

They've been doing this for a while now. Wrestling related opinion pieces are highlighted several times throughout the week written by the same two dolts with the writing skills of low-end forum mutants.

Sad to say, Yahoo! Is the only news site my work doesn't block so I kinda always end up scrolling through the blogs sometimes.

A well-known Saudi newspaper columnist on Thursday attacked plans to stage wrestling in the conservative Gulf Kingdom and singled out John Cena in his tirade, saying the famous world wrestler is not welcome in Saudi Arabia.

Khaled Al Suleiman, who writes in the mass circulation Arabic language daily Okaz and other Saudi newspapers, was reacting to an announcement by the World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) that it has agreed that some of its wrestling superstars travel to Saudi Arabia in February to stage tournaments.

Besides Cena, key wrestlers who will come to the Kingdom include WWE Champion Randy Orton, Daniel Bryan, Mark Henry, Ryback and Kofi Kingston.

“John Cena…you are not welcome here…a few years ago I could have said you are welcome but my bitter experience with my children and their obsession with John Cena have made me loathsome to the idea of his coming…to stop him from coming, I am even ready to face him in the ring although such an idea is suicidal,” he said.

“Over the past years, my home has been turned into a wrestling ring where human bodies fly around and pillows are thrown all over as screams do not stop as if my home became Madison Square in New York…during those years, the shelves, walls and drawers in my home have been filled with pictures of wrestlers and their frightening bodies…now they are coming to control our minds at our home…you are not welcome…what we, adults and children, need is not a wrestling ring to engage in savage and horrifying fights, but a stage where all the talented compete to demonstrate their human skills and nature not savagery.”

Holy shit, that's so much better than I expected in my wildest imagination.

I am assuming from this that it means that Johnny Curtis is one of Punk's guys?

I knew that Punk traveled with Kofi for awhile and they were good friends.

And we know why AJ's there.

God - now I am booking WWE Midnight Madness teams in my head. (And of course - only like Ray will get that)

Who gets to be Leon?

• Like 2

Fuck it heres AJ Styles upcoming schedule according to his website

http://ajstyles.org/schedule.html

December 28 Anarchy Wrestling Cornelia, GA www.anarchy-wrestling.net

January 19 Pro Wresting Xpress at Ziggy's in Winston, Salem, NC http://pwxpro.com/new/
vs Cedric Alexander

January 26 Smash Wrestling in Toronto, ON http://smash-wrestling.com/
vs Chris Hero

February 1 Dreamwave Wrestling Chicago, IL http://www.dreamwavewrestling.com/

February 7 Deep Southern Championship Wrestling Blue Ridge, GA http://www.dscw.org/
AJ & Cody Roberts vs Corey Hollis & Shaun Tempers

February 15 House of Glory Ridgewood, NY http://houseofgloryonline.com/

March 1 Preston City Wrestling UK http://www.prestoncitywrestling.com/home
vs Lionheart

March 14 2CW Binghamton, NY www.2CWWrestling.com
vs. Eddie Edwards

March 15 UWE Harrisburg, PA http://theuwe.com/
vs AR Fox

• Like 1

I don't know if this is the appropriate place to post this or not, and if it isn't, I apoligize.

A friend and I have been feeling nostalgic lately and discussing some CZW music videos that were created back in CZW's heyday. They were always posted on czwwrestling.de, I believe. Some of the videos included Jay vs Mark Briscoe, Justice Pain vs Jay Briscoe, Justice Pain vs Nick Gage, Jody Fleisch vs Sonjay Dutt, Ruckus vs Trent Acid, etc. There were quite a few of them, but I cannot find them anywhere online now. Just thought I'd post here in the slim chances of someone having the videos or knowing where to locate them.

Thanks for any help.

Wasn't Ryback on a Tough Enough?

I keep wanting to call him Skip, even though I know it's not his real name.

I think he just meant of the most recent season.

Whatever became of Luke from that show? And I still think Jeremiah was a missed opportunity.

Can anyone really beat Josh Matthews as champion of former Tough Enough contestants?  Makes it to the finals, loses to Maven and is still with the company 11 years later in a non-physical role.  Best possible outcome for a wannabe wrestler.

• Like 7

Can anyone really beat Josh Matthews as champion of former Tough Enough contestants?  Makes it to the finals, loses to Maven and is still with the company 11 years later in a non-physical role.  Best possible outcome for a wannabe wrestler.

Plus he's guaranteed TV time whenever they need an announcer to humiliate(now that JR and Striker are both gone).

A well-known Saudi newspaper columnist on Thursday attacked plans to stage wrestling in the conservative Gulf Kingdom and singled out John Cena in his tirade, saying the famous world wrestler is not welcome in Saudi Arabia.

Khaled Al Suleiman, who writes in the mass circulation Arabic language daily Okaz and other Saudi newspapers, was reacting to an announcement by the World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) that it has agreed that some of its wrestling superstars travel to Saudi Arabia in February to stage tournaments.

Besides Cena, key wrestlers who will come to the Kingdom include WWE Champion Randy Orton, Daniel Bryan, Mark Henry, Ryback and Kofi Kingston.

“John Cena…you are not welcome here…a few years ago I could have said you are welcome but my bitter experience with my children and their obsession with John Cena have made me loathsome to the idea of his coming…to stop him from coming, I am even ready to face him in the ring although such an idea is suicidal,” he said.

“Over the past years, my home has been turned into a wrestling ring where human bodies fly around and pillows are thrown all over as screams do not stop as if my home became Madison Square in New York…during those years, the shelves, walls and drawers in my home have been filled with pictures of wrestlers and their frightening bodies…now they are coming to control our minds at our home…you are not welcome…what we, adults and children, need is not a wrestling ring to engage in savage and horrifying fights, but a stage where all the talented compete to demonstrate their human skills and nature not savagery.”

Can't find a clip for it, but all this is making me think of is a scene from that movie I Got The Hook Up. The cop finds his wife in bed with a midget and the midget profusely shouts "YOU SHOULD'VE BEEN A MAN!" like a million times as he is running out the house.

Plus he's guaranteed TV time whenever they need an announcer to humiliate(now that JR and Striker are both gone).

Hasn't Miz absorbed that role?

Hasn't Miz absorbed that role?

Depends on whether he's a face or a heel on a given show.  That seems to be a coin-toss-on-game-day decision.