DVDVR Message Board

CHICA(EW)GO TV - 8/30 - 9/5/2023

Dolfan in NYC

Just now, Craig H said:

Regarding the International Title, I think OC has elevated that thing well above the TNT title. I look at the International Title as being just below the singles World titles in terms of importance. 

Said the same, the AEW International Championship means the most supplanting the TNT Championship. Hope that momentum and hard work is kept up when Orange Cassidy drops it. 

5 hours ago, hammerva said:

I was excited to see Bryan Keith get a shot on AEW TV against Hangman Page but then I remember seeing how Kevin Ku was used and yeah not that confident.  Keith has been a really big star on the indies in the last couple years

Bryan Keith is AWESOME and had a fucking tremendous showing at BOLA this year.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

One of my favorite live matches (F1rst Wrestling) was him vs Joey Janela. Good chops and limb work. 

• Like 1

The thing about OC dropping the International title to "move up" is that I'm not sure where he can go that's actually up. If MJF was still a heel, then yeah, but they're just getting started with MJF as a top face act. If HOB had kept the belts at All In and still looked unbeatable, Best Friends as a trio would've maybe been an avenue, but that's out the window. I don't think it would hurt anything for Mox to get the International belt, but it does seem like a bit of a lateral move and not really a great payoff to OC's build. Danielson coming back as the conqueror seems more fitting if they want to go with an established top guy. Still think Swerve or Takeshita would be a better use of the streak, since those guys are definitely high end title material, but need a signature AEW win.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Log said:

I don't think OC's finishes can be called "Honky Tonk Man finishes". HTM was winning by cheating, using underhanded tactics to skate by. 

Unless I'm misremembering, Honky didn't even win by cheating much. He mostly just lost his title defenses by disqualification.

2 minutes ago, The Natural said:

I think the time is coming. I hope it's not Mox either.

I'd like to see a returning Fenix cost Mox the match.  How long is Pac out for?  Danielson?  Build to a Death Triangle against BCC(Yuta, Mox, Danielson), while Claudio is busy with Eddie.

/fantasy booking

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

I'd like to see a returning Fenix cost Mox the match.  How long is Pac out for?  Danielson?  Build to a Death Triangle against BCC(Yuta, Mox, Danielson), while Claudio is busy with Eddie.

/fantasy booking

Bryan Danielson's my #1 pick as I don't think he'll ever be AEW World Champion sadly. Too damn selfless. Christian Cage was my TNT Champion pick working with the young talent and giving the run to the right one.

• Like 1

I also don't want OC to lose the strap to Mox. There's way, way, way more to gain with Moxley putting OC over here, OC dropping the title to someone else worthy of it, and then with a very long title reign with more defenses than anyone else AND a big win over Moxley, he's in the perfect position to challenge for the World title after he heals up.

• Like 4

Someone here I think said that after the cumulative damage from All In, someone should just squash OC on Dynamite.  I think that idea is pretty great, but do it next week.  Have Mox just beat the brakes off of OC, but have it be the penultimate beating and the next week on Dynamite, have someone like Keith Lee/Swerve/Takeshita/ANYONE just come out and murder OC like Brodie did to Cody.

• Like 6

I think the only face who wouldn't get booed ending Orange Cassidy AEW International Championship reign is Eddie Kingston but Eddie Kingston's first AEW gold should be the biggest of the lot, ending MJF's reign as AEW World Champion.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

Watched him work three great matches in one night at the west coast cup a few weeks ago, including an awesome match with Mike Bailey. Big fan. 

• Like 1

I'm feeling sorry for Takeshita. They stuck him with Callis, who everyone hates but is more of an X-Pac Heat than anything. He was super over as a babyface before it, then wins at All In to dead silence, gets stuck in a match with Omega which he's surely gonna lose. Where do you go from here with him? At some point they gotta turn him against Callis (to deafening applause) but I ain't got nowhere for him after that either. Him picking the bones of OC... ehhhh, I dunno.

1 hour ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

I'm ready for OC's reign to end(not a shot at OC, but i think it's time), but I really don't want it to be to Mox.

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

I think the time is coming. I hope it's not Mox either.

52 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Bryan Danielson's my #1 pick as I don't think he'll ever be AEW World Champion sadly. Too damn selfless. Christian Cage was my TNT Champion pick working with the young talent and giving the run to the right one.

Jay White is my #2 pick.

4 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Is the belt a fucking magical object that casts +50 power and +50 cunning while having a -100 healing?   

Historically? Across all companies and regions?

Yes.

• Thanks 1

Apparently last night's Dynamite had to be heavily rewritten because Swerve and Saraya were ill, whilst a few Florida-based wrestlers (including Kenneth Omega) couldn't fly out because of the Hurricane.

2 hours ago, For Great Justice said:

Swerve is my guy to beat OC. Love the idea of doing it on Dynamite after he’s left for dead at the PPV

If he gets the flash pin on Moxley and Mox just absolutely SHREDS him, like ties him up and bleeds him out, I could see that working. I like the idea of a smug prick with a ridiculous manager as heel champ after an extended face run. (With his absurd moveset, Swerve should never be a face, btw.)