DVDVR Message Board

All In II - 8/27/2023

Dolfan in NYC

3 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Just because they say Emi's not gonna be there doesn't mean she isn't. You better bet they're gonna have SOME kind of surprises on the show. It's too big not to throw a curveball or two in there.

ZSJ not being on the card atm sticks out like a sore thumb (to me, at least).

Have a hunch there'll be some kind of Zack/Bryan/Nigel interaction.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AxB said:

Wooooo! It's on Free TV (in the UK)!!

Good on ITV 4 for doing that. Feel sick though as I ordered the FITE PPV on Thursday 😞. Had I known, I could have saved the money. Fuck. However the draw of ordering the PPV is seeing it in real time, at a good time 6pm-10pm to 9pm-1:55am and my Dad is going to watch it with me. I'm interested to get his take as he's watched very little AEW ever. Hopefully the show will take my mind of the pain I'm in as my legs are hurting like hell.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 3

From her Instagram, Skye Blue is in London with Kyle Fletcher. May just be along for the trip with her beau, but would be pretty awesome if she and some other women got a match on Zero Hour.

3 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

It would be funny if people are flying in on their own dollar to "watch the show" in an attempt to be booked. 

Given how on the fly some of this has been booked, it’s a pretty smart idea. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, JLowe said:

From her Instagram, Skye Blue is in London with Kyle Fletcher. May just be along for the trip with her beau, but would be pretty awesome if she and some other women got a match on Zero Hour.

They still have time to add another five matches.

RevPro (spoilers just in case)

Spoiler

Jericho attacked Ospreay after the main (masked initially but pretty obvious once he pulled a Codebreaker)

He was fully leaning into being heel (this was after Ospreay giving a fairly emotional face promo to close the show) - not sure how that's going to work tomorrow honestly. Crowd will probably be a bit more even but then you throw Callis in and you've got a bit of a confusing mess.

If Fozzy play him to the ring live, that'll turn him heel in the house.

Speaking of which, obviously I can't speak for all 81,285 people (thanks WrestleTix!) who'll be in there, but if they give Jim Ross an entrance with music, I'm Booing him.

• Like 3

Let's see what we've got.

• MJF vs Cole: If i had to bet, Cole will turn on MJF and join with the Kingdom and win the belt, but I'm not going to bet because I honestly don't know. Vince always told Regal to stop a hot act early because then you can always go back to it but neither Regal nor Vince are here, so we'll have to see. I kind of hope that whatever happens, they win the tag belts earlier in the night. I don't think they will. I think it's far more likely that they do an injury or miscommunication angle, but if they go into the main having the belts, it's so much more intrigue to me. The good thing is that there are a lot of ways this could go. As for the match itself, hopefully Cole doesn't lean too hard into the Shawn Michaels School of Terrible acting. Their last match was fine and this should have a crazy crowd and a lot of narrative possibilities. 
  • FTR vs Young Bucks: A lot of the intrigue here is about what happened with Cash last week. I do think he's going to wrestle like his life depends on it. Safe move is to take the belts off of them. I have no idea what the chants will be like. This should deliver. FTR vs Bucks II was a very good match, one of the most enjoyable I've ever seen of the Bucks. FTR gets how to walk the line between their reconstructionist style and the Buck's deconstructionist approach.
  • Shida vs Saraya Vs Storm vs Baker: The heel/face structure is going to be a hot mess here. I assume Saraya will milk it and be over. Hayter will probably assert herself somehow? Baker will get a mixed reaction but a big one, and Storm will leap off the screen with her antics even if the act is just a little too early to run with as of yet. And oh yeah, I guess Shida's in the match too. I actually see her retaining. If they keep to the character bits and let Shida and Storm do the tough stuff, they'll be fine.
  • Stadium Stampede: Will be nuts. I got nothing. The crowd will go crazy for Mox vs Kingston and Claudio vs Kingston. It's not the best use of Cassidy but what are you going to do? I'm glad Trent and Chuck get to be on this stage (and I guess Ortiz and Santana too). I would have liked it better with some mystery partners probably. Penta will be a goof but that's fine in a match like this. Hopefully they do Funk proud.
  • Omega/Page/Ibushi vs Takeshita/White/Juice: None of this looks good. Sorry. I don't think they'll manage the hate well at all but it'll be a bunch of dumb spots for the sake of spots. I look forward to Juice being completely ridiculous and Austin Gunn at ringside interacting with Callis.
  • Jericho vs Ospreay: I forget who said it but if Ospreay tries to wrestle Jericho's match instead of Jericho trying to wrestle Ospreay's this will be ok. Otherwise...
  • Swerve/Christian vs Sting/Darby: This is what I'm looking forward to the most. They have to differentiate from the Stampede match. Sting deserves this moment in front of this crowd (and so does Christian really; and Swerve earned it this year) and I can't imagine it not delivering. Should be electric. Hopefully Sting and Darby don't die.
  • House of Black vs Acclaimed/Gunn: Honestly looking forward to the entrances more than the match but the match should be good and I expect the babyfaces to go over for a big moment.
  • Punk vs Joe: Punk is completely aware of this moment and what it means and he has something prove. They're big match wrestlers. This is a wild card on the show in some ways, kind of a Codyverse sort of thing. I think they'll lean in hard on it overshadowing whatever is around it.
  • Aussie Open vs MJF/Cole: People will be going up for some of the character bits like Double Clothesline/Kangaroo Kick, but it's one of those "look to the back" type matches where people will just care about how the finish impacts the story. It'll come early enough in the night that the fans will be up for anything though.
  • Hook vs Perry: This probably should have waited for All Out. I liked Perry's chickenshit antics where he was denying the crowd almost all of his old offense a ton in the first match though so I'm up for it again.

On paper, for me at least, it's their best looking PPV... maybe this year?  I know the build had issues and I wouldn't have minded Statlander vs Soho or something too, but it just has more of the stuff i like and less of the stuff I don't. The only thing I don't want to see is the six-man with Omega and even that has White and Juice in it.

2 minutes ago, zendragon said:

Are they still doing Hook v Perry? Did the FTW retirement ceremony just disappear into the either? 

It’s tonight on Collision. And they confirmed it’s on the Zero Hour on the All In Unrestricted podcast. Which is weird, probably got bumped for time on Wednesday and pushed to Collision.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Matt D said:

. I kind of hope that whatever happens, they win the tag belts earlier in the night. I don't think they will. I think it's far more likely that they do an injury or miscommunication angle, but if they go into the main having the belts, it's so much more intrigue to me.

Cole and MJF winning and then feuding over the ROH tag titles on Collision while the Bucks have the AEW titles on Dynamite would work. Cole chooses Strong as his partner and MJF mends fences with Wardlow or Punk for a program over who are the Real ROH Tag Team Champions. Then all of that could dovetail into building to the next PPV world title program. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Matt D said:

When I did my write up above, I failed to mention that what I’m looking forward to the most is the crowd and atmosphere. This is just another AEW PPV save for that. 

I don’t necessarily think that’s a bad thing. They could’ve tried for some celebrity involvement or Goldberg or whatever, but I like that they’ve stuck to their people. Sure, it’d be nice to have a few more of them on the card. But, I like that it’s an AEW show. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

I just realized that this is their biggest PPV of the year and biggest show ever and they still -- STILL -- have only one women's match on the card. 

YeAh BuT tHeRe’S fOuR oF tHeM

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1