DVDVR Message Board

August 2023 Wrestling Discussion

3 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

No wonder that Vince decided to get spinal surgery a few weeks after the Feds served a search warrant on him

?width=511&version=1479302

The absolute first thing I thought of when I saw that news. 

This absolute CARNY. 

(Seriously, there's a 50/50 chance he scheduled the spinal surgery after sussing out that he might get a warrant from the Feds. I think I'm being generous about this possibility, too.)

• Like 3

trying to think of which 2020s wrestler would get the "thinly veiled US Attorney" gimmick in the WWE, in the spirit of Vince running with an IRS agent gimmick for 4 years

if the WWE did managers (they don't), then the US Attorney could manage a goon who beats up the people who have been indicted for "crimes"

Maybe the WWE can sign a guy like Richard Holliday who has a good sympathetic story, and then put him under another name as a heel

Guessing that being in the Peacock family doesn't mean that the WWE can call a tag team Law & Order. Which wouldn't be the worst name for a Holliday/Hammerstone tag team if Hammerstone wasn't under a 10,000 year contract to MLW.

2 hours ago, SirSmUgly said:

(Seriously, there's a 50/50 chance he scheduled the spinal surgery after sussing out that he might get a warrant from the Feds. I think I'm being generous about this possibility, too.)

Aren't surgeries like that scheduled a few weeks in advance?

2 hours ago, Casey said:

Robert Stone is just sitting in catering, right? Give it to him.

He is managing Von Wagner in NXT. They're actually faces right now.

Yeah, he wouldn’t get spinal surgery because he is served with a subpoena to go before a grand jury. First, spinal surgeries are messed up. Second, you save trying to get sympathy from a trial jury because grand jury prosecutions and judges to not care. But a lot of politicians and the like always get some kind of knee or hip surgery before the jury trial for a visual sympathy aide in hopes a jury is lenient with their verdict and etc.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Eivion said:

Aren't surgeries like that scheduled a few weeks in advance?

I'm sure that Vinnie has enough money and connections to get wind of warrants or indictments coming down a few weeks ahead, too. 

Hey, I said it was 50/50 (charitably)! 

Edited by SirSmUgly

Sheamus:

"I’m not upset about that at all,” Sheamus said about losing to Gunther at Clash at the Castle. “I felt it was great, it was just the type of character Sheamus is, all fits and elbows.“

"What I was upset about and what really bothered me was the creative after that."

“I came out of that with so much organic momentum, and it was just wasted. It didn’t go anywhere."

“It was a dead end, just like with WrestleMania. Drew went away because he was injured, but I was ready to go and then just nothing."

“There were no avenues and nowhere to go and that’s frustrating."

“I did the War Games thing [after Clash at the Castle] but that was s*** - that’s how I felt, though others might have felt differently.”

"It's still a fresh story. Even with Gunther and Drew's match at SummerSlam, people are still mentioning me because it's still my story," Sheamus continued.

"I'd definitely like to retire with [the title], but that stuff is out of my control. I can just do what I can do."

Sheamus is right. Sheamus' deserves to win the WWE Intercontinental Championship. Still hoping he'll end GUNTHER's epic year long reign.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

On 8/2/2023 at 3:02 PM, Technico Support said:

No way, man.  I used to not even know what the fuck a semicolon was; now I use it all the time.  That way lies madness.

In college one of my professors was responsible for grading written competency exams you had to take at orientation and he said if someone correctly used a semicolon it was an automatic pass.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, sabremike said:

In college one of my professors was responsible for grading written competency exams you had to take at orientation and he said if someone correctly used a semicolon it was an automatic pass.

That's a good rule; indeed, I would guess that correct semicolon use shows a writer's exceptional skill and intelligence.

• Haha 3

Just now, elizium said:

A super unexpected find I recently came across. Purchased a stack of old wrestling mags and one of them had this absolutely wild letter writer.

Could you imagine a Jannetty-Sunny marriage?

The GDP of Colombia, Bolivia, and Peru would go up 540% overnight.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4