DVDVR Message Board

February 2023 AEW Discussion

The Natural

Embedding is still broke, but Thunder Rosa posted on twitter that while she continues to recover from injury she'll be joining the AEW Spanish announce team and acting as an on-air personality.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dog said:

I think AEW, WWE, and Cody himself are all better off now. A rare Michael Scott win-win-win. 

I've definitely spent the better part of a year agreeing with you on this, but now, I'm not so sure. Cody articulated some of my feelings about the All Out stuff better than I can.

Let's be clear: Punk was the big fish. There are no more top tier FAs or old-timers left that are going to move the needle in any meaningful fashion (that would realistically come in - Cena or Batista ain't fumbling that Hollywood bag). 

Once All Out happens, AEW is no longer perceived as this wrestling-utopia, anti-machine. I agree with Cody huge on this - everything that had started at All In built to that moment, and they lost the spirit, right there. 

So again, not entirely disagreeing with you, but with the benefit of hindsight, I'd much rather have Cody on AEW's roster, and be in an eternal growth-state of 'Man, if we could just land...' 

The in-ring is as killer as it has been since day one, but I just don't get that same sense of 'We're building to X' anymore. I'm not an insane person; I'm not ready to say we're watching like, post-Hulk TNA of something... but without some direction, it could easily become that in a year or two.

Here's a good comparison: Hangman's world title reign was a beautifully booked, wonderfully detailed two-year odyssey, with the absolute proper payoff - and what was the follow-up once the dog catches the bumper? Two amazing TV death matches with Archer and Cole, and... uhhh... pretty sure that was it.

I just need some follow-up, man. I still love the show, but I'd be lying if I said that I don't worry they're getting a little too comfortable sometimes.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Could the Khans go to their NFL partners and tell them that they don't want WWE stuff affiliated with the NFL anymore? 

WrestleMania is regularly staged in NFL stadiums and brings money to cities comparable to that of hosting a Super Bowl - why would they throw that away?

24 minutes ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

WrestleMania is regularly staged in NFL stadiums and brings money to cities comparable to that of hosting a Super Bowl - why would they throw that away?

I'm talking about WWE belts going to Super Bowl MVPs.

6 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Was that Football match thing held at the football stadium (whatever the Gator Bowl is called nowadays)? 

I presume the company hasn’t actually held a real PPV there yet or-have they.? 

The actual Gator Bowl stadium in Jacksonville was torn down in 1994. But yeah, it was held where the Jags play which is TIAA Bank Field which has undergone a few name changes.

3 hours ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

You are just the fucking worst.  I keep forgetting to put you on ignore..   Whooooooosh.

The "new logo" is just colored white to match Dynamite's logo in advertising - the corporate logo hasn't changed at all since 2019 and is still used everywhere else that's not a Dynamite advertisement.

815952_bbdfb45425b94098a3f6f47a82c96071~

Edited by Dolphman 3000

14 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

The actual Gator Bowl stadium in Jacksonville was torn down in 1994. But yeah, it was held where the Jags play which is TIAA Bank Field which has undergone a few name changes.

I was curious and did a quick Wiki - I'm reading TIAA's capacity is 67K-82K. It's gonna be awesome when it happens, but idk if we're there just yet - those are Mania numbers, let's get to the Goldberg Nitro first

1 hour ago, Doc Townsend said:

I’m sure I’ll regret asking, but how is a comment about logos “ableist”.  I am confused.

to be honest, I do not consider those logos to be three separate logos.

There was an edit between the ableist comment and now.

Edited by porksweats
I never saw the unedited comment, just stating the edit occurred after the call out.
  • Thanks 2