DVDVR Message Board

2023 AEW Media

Dolfan in NYC

Last night's taping looks INSANE.  When is THIS showing up?

Spoiler
Singles Match
Singles Match
Singles Match
Singles Match
Willow Nightingale vs. Zoe Dubois
Singles Match
Singles Match
Singles Match

• Like 3

Probably tonight since they’re heating up the Briscoe/Lucha Bros team. I had only seen the pre-show taping results (ending with Fox vs Nemeth) and was a little disappointed but the full ones make it more fun.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Matt D said:

Probably tonight since they’re heating up the Briscoe/Lucha Bros team. I had only seen the pre-show taping results (ending with Fox vs Nemeth) and was a little disappointed but the full ones make it more fun.

Tonight it is!  Takeshita vs Cartwheel!

EDIT: Where did the Acclaimed/Workhorsemen match come from?

EDIT:  Oh, it's just these four.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

MORE WRESTLING!  So much wrestling...  THE ACCLAIMED!  THE WORKHORSEMEN!  Nice Sidewalk Slam by JD Drake!  Max is taking a babyface ass kicking.  Drake with the Senton over the ropes!  Bowens makes the hot tag and hits a FAMEasser!  Bowens messes up Drake's Bouce Off The Ropes spot!  Hey!  Scissor Me Timbers is a finisher now.   That was another match to throw on the giant heap of wrestling from the week!  EMBARRASSMENT OF RICHES!  Aaron Solo!  I haven't seen him wrestle in MONTHS.  Daniel Garcia!  Solo looks good in this which I credit Garcia for.  Garcia feeds off the HEAT MACHINE that is Sammy!  Solo makes a comeback!  EXPLOIDER by Solo!  Tope Con Hilo by Solo!  Toprope Double Stomp by SOLO!  Sammy interferes and sets up a NEARFALL for Solo!  Sammy chucks Solo off the toprope and Garcia LUNG EXPLODES Solo for the win.  Sammy's shirt that he gives to Garcia is absolutely awesome.  Pretty Peter Avalon wants to be in Southern California- where it's warm!  HE's taking on the next guy who comes down the aisle!  AWESOME!  PPA gets to hand Hook his first loss!  (Hook does not suffer his first loss.)  PPA! PPA! PPA!   There is a LOT of dancing in this episode.  I gotta work on my dance moves.  Zay takes a Fenix dropkick like a rag doll!  Zay takes a Double Super Kick like a rag doll.  MAtt Hardy and PENTA irritate folks on the DVDVR message board!  Hot tag to Mark Briscoe!  ZAy screams like a little girl!  Zay takes finishers better than anyone on the AEW roster and he takes the Lucha Brothers Stuff Piledriver like a junior RVD.  Great Elbow Drop by Mark Briscoe!  That was fun.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Excited to see which members of “the wrestling media “ will beat the post game media scrum.

The scrum don't do no jobs for anyone, daddy.

My daughter walked in during the PPA promo. She asked who "human Squidward" was.

So it appears The Factory is no more. Perhaps the announcers could, I don't know, explain what's up? They were a faction for over 18 months -- perhaps say QT "graduated" them or something. Even jobber factions deserve closure 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Is there where we talk ROH? I'm about halfway through the first episode and I love it. Takeshita/Woods and Sabre Jr./Christian were both great. If this is how every episode will be, I could see keeping my subscription. Very fun wrestling that gives me exposure to guys I don't normally see in competitive matches.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, notoriusvig said:

Is there where we talk ROH? I'm about halfway through the first episode and I love it. Takeshita/Woods and Sabre Jr./Christian were both great. If this is how every episode will be, I could see keeping my subscription. Very fun wrestling that gives me exposure to guys I don't normally see in competitive matches.

There is a separate Ring of Honor thread in the AEW subforum but to your point, I definitely agree. Particularly about Takeshita/Woods

• Like 1

On 3/4/2023 at 8:28 PM, colonial said:

My daughter walked in during the PPA promo. She asked who "human Squidward" was.

So it appears The Factory is no more. Perhaps the announcers could, I don't know, explain what's up? They were a faction for over 18 months -- perhaps say QT "graduated" them or something. Even jobber factions deserve closure 

• Sad 1

If everyone's not too exhausted...

• Lee Johnson vs Evil Uno
  • Cole Karter vs Christopher Daniels
  • Skye Blue vs Leila Grey
  • Athena (vs Brooke Havok)
  • Juice (vs Titus Alexander)
  • Nyla/Marina, Archer, Cage squashes.

Should be a fun Elevation.

• Like 2

As a bowler and being from a family that used to own a bowling alley I'm ashamed to admit that it wasn't until watching BTE today that there a 39 boards on a bowling lane, the first 5 boards on the left and right have no oil, and there's no oil on the last 1/4 of the lane.

Also, Nemeth was cracking me up during BTE. First he kept breaking during his bit and then his response to Trent asking what happens when you break the glass - "If you break the glass, Stone Cold comes out."

It's Nyla Rose and Marina Shafir!  J-Rod debutted on CWFH last week and she was impressive.  Here, she and Nyla tell a little story.  J-Rod looks good in this. Sandra Moone looked pretty good too.  I don't think I know of Bob McKnight.  Waitamminit!  I think he's the biker dude that hangs around Levi Shapiro in CWFH.  Brian Cage wants to have a match so he gives a him a little.  I see Titus Alexander's name all over the indies but I don't think I've ever seen him wrestle.  ROCK HARD!  Juice Robinson beats on Alexander.  NICE dropkick by Alexander!  I see a future ROH signee!  Titus hits a Doug William's Rolling German Suplex.  Alexander takes a DDT like a guy they should sign.  Leila Grey takes on Skye Blue!  Leila lays it in early.  So Leila Grey got good.  Blue goes on offense and finishes her off.  Cole Karter!  IS BACK!  Since there is no Factory anymore, it's time for Karter to become the auxiliary Ass Boy.  Karter looks good in this- as Christopher Daniels makes the young puke look like a million bucks.  Karter has a totally punchable face so he gets some heat from the San Francisco crowd.  Nice German by Daniels.  SWEET Michinoku Driver by Karter!  Moonsault by Daniels and it is still very beautiful.  It's Alan Angel's girly, Brooke  Havok!  ATHENA! ATHENA! ATHENA!  Athena crushes Havok's neck and then hits FIVE POWERBOMBS!  POSTMATCH!  WILLOW MAKES THE SAVE!  Man, ATHENA RULES!  JACK BANNING!  He's the National champion in the United Wrestling Network!  He get mauled by Lance Archer!  Daddy Magic is the highlight of the match.  Evil Uno!  Is he still all hard-edged?  Lee Johnson!  AWESOME! EVIL UNO IS STILL HARD-EDGED!  Evil Uno IS Kendo Nagasaki.  Cole Karter is great at ringside being a weasel and CHEATING.  Big Shotty gets in a nice wad of offense.  GREAT PILEDRIVER by Evil Uno!  UNO! UNO! UNO!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Gorman said:

Call me crazy, but I think Athena could be a huge star like Becky Lynch, who got over by essentially being Stone Cold Steve Austin.

At the very least I think there’s actual money in Willow vs Athena.

• Like 4