DVDVR Message Board

2023 AEW Media

Dolfan in NYC

It's Skye Blue!  HEY! IT'S MYLO!  She is all over CWFH!  MYLO gets in some offense and roughs up Skye Blue with a Sling Shot Suplex!  MYLO controls the match for most of the match.  Blue hits a Flatliner and gets the flashpin!  BAD DUDE TITO!  Isn't he a member of TMDK?  Brian Cage is going to give him a lot, I'm assuming.  Tito is the STUFF and girls can't get enough as Tito hits a Blockbuster!  Cage hits one of his myriad of finishers FOR TWO!  BLUE THUNDER BOMB by Tito!  Brian Cage applies a variation on the Texas Cloverleaf for the submission!  That was a good little match.  Lance Archer slaughters two dudes.  AWESOME! Jack Cartwheel!  He is beloved in NOAH!  KONOSUKE TAKESHITA!  Space Flying Tiger Drop by Cartwheel!  OH MAN!  This match is great!  BLUE THUNDER BOMB!  Big Knee to the face!  That was fucking great. Takeshita made Cartwheel look like a million bucks.   I don't think I've seen Julius Coleman.  Coleman takes a FREAKISH bump over the turnbuckle to the floor.  I've seen Zoey Dubois before but I think it was on Elevation.  She's the ballerina!  She lays it in Willow and they both SHOWBOAT their collective Agility and flexibility.  Willow then starts beating the crud out of Dubois.  BEAUTIFUL DOCTOR BOMB by Willow!  ATHENA!  Willow gets the best of her!  ATHENA KILLS Zoey Dubois for kicks!  ATHENA RULES!  Ryan Nemeth!  HE groinularly udulates!  AR Fox is wrestling 100 times a month, it seems.  AR Fox gets in a bunch of stuff and then Nemeth goes on offense and he is a heat machine!  GREAT Dropkick by Nemeth.  AR Fox with the CAPTURE SUPLEX to cut off Nemeth and make his comeback!  DDT by Nemeth for TWO!  Iconoclasm Walking Into Cutter into a 450 Splash!  That was fun. 

• Like 2

• Just an awesome Big Bill squash! Maybe one of my favorite AEW squashes in forever.
  • One thing I do like about Takeshita is the whole "Wrote a thesis about the German Suplex" aspect. The moment Cartwheel went from keeping his distance and cartwheeling about to putting on a waistlock, you knew he made a major mistake.
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, DEAN said:

It's Skye Blue!  HEY! IT'S MYLO!  She is all over CWFH!  MYLO gets in some offense and roughs up Skye Blue with a Sling Shot Suplex!  MYLO controls the match for most of the match.  Blue hits a Flatliner and gets the flashpin!  BAD DUDE TITO!  Isn't he a member of TMDK?  Brian Cage is going to give him a lot, I'm assuming.  Tito is the STUFF and girls can't get enough as Tito hits a Blockbuster!  Cage hits one of his myriad of finishers FOR TWO!  BLUE THUNDER BOMB by Tito!  Brian Cage applies a variation on the Texas Cloverleaf for the submission!  That was a good little match.  Lance Archer slaughters two dudes.  AWESOME! Jack Cartwheel!  He is beloved in NOAH!  KONOSUKE TAKESHITA!  Space Flying Tiger Drop by Cartwheel!  OH MAN!  This match is great!  BLUE THUNDER BOMB!  Big Knee to the face!  That was fucking great. Takeshita made Cartwheel look like a million bucks.   I don't think I've seen Julius Coleman.  Coleman takes a FREAKISH bump over the turnbuckle to the floor.  I've seen Zoey Dubois before but I think it was on Elevation.  She's the ballerina!  She lays it in Willow and they both SHOWBOAT their collective Agility and flexibility.  Willow then starts beating the crud out of Dubois.  BEAUTIFUL DOCTOR BOMB by Willow!  ATHENA!  Willow gets the best of her!  ATHENA KILLS Zoey Dubois for kicks!  ATHENA RULES!  Ryan Nemeth!  HE groinularly udulates!  AR Fox is wrestling 100 times a month, it seems.  AR Fox gets in a bunch of stuff and then Nemeth goes on offense and he is a heat machine!  GREAT Dropkick by Nemeth.  AR Fox with the CAPTURE SUPLEX to cut off Nemeth and make his comeback!  DDT by Nemeth for TWO!  Iconoclasm Walking Into Cutter into a 450 Splash!  That was fun. 

Ok, Zoey Dubois is back which means I have to find time to watch this.

• Like 2

The thing I liked about Big Bill squash was that the guy he was up against was a legit giant himself. You know whatever promotion is his home Indy he's always been the big fish, good experience for him to suddenly have to work as the underdog. 

I wouldn't mind seeing more of that slanky woman, if only for Tazz's commentary 😂.

• Like 2

I also like that Cage is using his Negro Navarro cloverlock thing as a finisher, forgot to mention that.

One weird bit is that they announced both Riho vs Diamante and a Parker Boudreaux squash for the show, with both making the graphic, and neither aired. There's some rumblings that Parker/Trench are gone from Swerve's act (cut losses?), but the Diamante vs Riho one is especially weird as Diamante had pushed it on social media with the match graphic, noting that she was going to be fighting a former champ.

edit: Apparently they said it'd be next week when she asked what happened?

Edited by Matt D

10 hours ago, The Green Meanie said:

JACK CARTWHEEL is a total boy, and is totally in my stable. I want to see more of him.

Call of the night was Tazz with "she's got a slanky woman vibe".

I went all the way around on the name "Jack Cartwheel". At first, I thought it was the stupidest name, then it grew on me, and now I think it's weirdly brilliant.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Leonidas said:

I particularly liked how the fans were giving a big cheer every time he did a cartwheel. Which was a lot. As you may expect.

It'd be funny if he never actually cartwheeled.

• Like 1

On 3/8/2023 at 12:48 PM, Leonidas said:

I particularly liked how the fans were giving a big cheer every time he did a cartwheel. Which was a lot. As you may expect.

He probably played the WrestleMania game for Nintendo with Bam Bam Bigelow cartwheeling all over the ring, and said, "That's gonna be me someday!"

Edited by Gorman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Elevation started an hour late (or did it?)  Either way, here you go!  EMI! EMI! EMI!  It's Zyra!  I don't remember Zyra.  Emi is (beating the crap out of/ giving  lot to) Zyra!  After giving Zyra a bunch of stuff, she chops her to death, dives into her and Moonsaults to VICTORY!  EMI! EMI! EMI!  It's Levi Shapiro!  One the better wrestlers on Championship Wrestling from Hollywood!  Jake Hagar is a secret Wrestling Machine so he may let Shapiro make a match out of it.  Shapiro does a VARIATION of the Fargo Strut!  He gets in two punches.  SORT of a story.  DADDY MAGIC suggests a side gig for Marina Shafir and her ring socks.  Mighty Myra looks familiar but I don't think I've seen her before.  Myra is OVER in Sacramento!  Shafir toys with her.  Brian Cage!  Jack Cartwheel!  Cage gives Cartwheel  even more than Takeshita does!  FLY SPACE TIGER DROP!  Then Cage takes over.  Cartwheel makes a COMEBACK!  He does many gymnastic things!  GREAT Crucifix by Cartwheel!  Cartwheel misses a SKYTWISTER PRESS!  Cage applies the Texas Cloverleaf for the win!  That was great.  It's Vinnie Massaro!  All the California dudes are out in full effect!  The Butcher and the Blade!  Massao ACCENTUATES his Italianness!  Butcher's mustache is becoming HUGE!  It has smaller mustaches orbiting it.  Creed gets killed!  ATHENA! ATHENA! ATHENA!  THE BEST WRESTLER IN EARTH!  I don't know Inder Mundi.  Mundi gets in a flurry of offense!  She looks pretty good.  ATHENA beats the crap out of Mundi.  Mundi gets a TINY comeback!  ATHENA cuts her off and chokes her to win!  ATHENA! ATHENA! ATHENA!  It's Starboy Charlie!  I don't think I've ever seen him in an actual match.  Maybe I have.  Ulumide I know I haven;t seen before.  Oh man, sign this Ulumide dude.  Starboy Charlie is awesome!  So spunky!  These two dues are so made for ROH.  That was fun.  PRETTY PETER AVALON- THE PRETTIEST BOY IN AEW!  I love PPA's new Chess King floor manager look.  He has to wear Aqua Velva.  It's PENTA!  ENRAGING PEOPLE ON THE BOARD!  PPA and PENTA tell a little story!  PPA is taking his time!  AMBUSHING PENTA!  Rey Fenix bumps like a PSYCHO for Ryan Nemeth?  What a fucking pro.  Fenix sells Nemeth's DDT like RVD!  GREAT convoluted Lucha Libre Double Finisher by PENTA and Rey Fenix!  That was fucking great. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/12/2023 at 9:22 PM, NikoBaltimore said:

So this episode quickly became our favorite of the "Hey (EW)" series and it's not even close.

This was hilarious. They could be brothers. Does anyone know why the show is called "Hey (EW)?"

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

Were The Best Friends wrestling like straight up heels in this episode or was it just me? That makes the heel turn on Danhausen and OC all the more likely.

I think Chuck got frustrated having to hang out on the top too long waiting for the save? It took a turn after that. Also it felt a little weird Charlie did both the standing shooting star and the Bull’s Horns. Maybe a bad decision on his part?

Cage was a really great base in the Cartwheel match. That he has the soul of a cruiserweight almost always works against him but sometimes it lets him know exactly what to do against a smaller opponent.

Good crowd. They were changing “Let’s go, Butcher.”

Daddy Magic saying … “Well, it’s that time of the night,” when Athena was coming down the ramp was one of his best calls ever.

Edited by Matt D
  • Like 2

The Outrunners are TWIRLING TWIRLING TWIRLING into YOUR heart.  TAZ is already off the rails.  Turbo Floyd is the heterosexual (prolly) Effy!  I'm THINKING Truth Magnum is the WORKER of the Outrunners. There is more flexing in this than I can recall.  IBU-PRO!  Hungee and Reynolds have a new finisher.  Riho and Diamante FINALLY sees the light of day!  Riho bumps big for Diamante!  Riho lays it in!  Diamante looks great in this.  She goes TOTAL Steiner with the Crossfaces!  Excaliber and TAZ don;t know Riho's area code when she hits a 619.  Diamante beats on Riho to get the Universal crowd behind Riho's STRUGGLE to escape Diamante's hard edged offense.  Northern Lights Suplex by Riho!  Toprope Double Stomp by Riho!  FOR TWO!  Diamante ducks the running Meteora and hits a Lariat!  Riho escapes whatever Diamante was shooting for and hits a SWEET Dragon Suplex!  Two Kneed Shining Wizard for the win!  That was great.  SONNY KISS!  Terry Kidd!  Fire Crotch by Sonny!  Slim J and Jeeves Kay CHEAT!  Sonny feigns an injury!  Kiss kicks Kid right in the face!  Julia Hart makes Zoey Lynn submit after Lynn gets a couple of things.  Hart hits a nice Lariat to the back of Lynn's noggin.  Big Shotty and Action Andretti have little match.  Andretti should do a couple of tours with Dragon Gate.  He works that style really well.  Cole Karter CHEATS for Lee Johnson!  Johnson is good with his hard edged heel offense.  Andretti is good making a babyface comeback.  Johnson takes the Andretti DDT like a FUCKING CHAMP!  Fun batch of nearfalls.  I think this is the best Lee Johnson match, just edging out his Konosuke Takeshita match- speaking of which, BLUE THUNDER BOMB!  SUPERPLEX by ACTION!  Crazy Tope by ACTION!  SUPERKICK TO Cole Karter by Action!  HANGING NECKBREAKER!  Andretti wins!  That was good. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Matt D said:

One of the Outrunners fake selling his nose like Reynolds (clearly on the outside and not part of the action) did something to it to make the ref admonish Alex for absolutely no reason was fantastic. 

The Outrunners vs FTR has to happen SOON.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, DEAN said:

The Outrunners vs FTR has to happen SOON.

And (can't believe I'm saying this) Outrunners-Triple J(ay). There will be much stalling and stooging.

• Like 2