DVDVR Message Board

Wrestling Podcasts - 2023

On 6/20/2023 at 7:06 PM, matt925 said:

My conclusion after listening to the Reznor and heyman podcasts is that I really wish I could be friends with Rick Rubin. He sounds like the sweetest nicest guy. 

Just based on the Heyman interview, he’s happy to let people talk. Which has its benefits 

Edited by John from Cincinnati

12 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

okay, I'll watch an 11 minute video titled "Jim Cornette on the Implosion of the Titan".. this can't be too awful can it

*11 minutes later*

okay, he's appropriately astounded by that story

11 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I haven't listened but I'd guess he thinks it's Darwinism at work, given he doesn't even like to fly. 

Maybe I’m sleepy but I misinterpreted the original post as Cornette reacting to something happening at WWE.

10 hours ago, zendragon said:

what's the crime?

The drug busts, plus they covered his bar fights, using his book as the source material. Listened to it this morning and I didn't even realize that he had passed away.

Edited by driver
  • Thanks 1

On 7/6/2023 at 2:40 PM, For Great Justice said:

Jericho’s latest pod is with DVDVR favorite The Gambler 

That was a pretty good episode. Gambler sounds like a really nice, chill guy.

• Like 1

On 7/6/2023 at 1:40 PM, For Great Justice said:

Jericho’s latest pod is with DVDVR favorite The Gambler 

On 7/12/2023 at 7:02 AM, zendragon said:

for those who havn't seen the legendary match 

On 7/14/2023 at 8:07 AM, cwoy2j said:

That was a pretty good episode. Gambler sounds like a really nice, chill guy.

On 7/14/2023 at 2:13 PM, zendragon said:

and he's a lot younger than I had him pegged. Only in the business a few years longer than Jericho 

finally listened to this pod as well. Quick 45 minute interview that doesn't overstay its welcome. Had to look him up on cagematch to see what else he had done in wrestling. Fairly interesting in that the Gambler kind of treated pro wrestling/WCW as a part time job. Like, he has a handful of matches each year, but it doesn't seem like he was really touring or anything, and he never had anything close to a feud. just kind of a weird career.

• Like 1