DVDVR Message Board

January 2023 Pro Wrestling Discussion

RIPPA

5 hours ago, Log said:

For real, what the hell is a Thong Match?

I don’t even want to know the real answer, in my head both competitors wear a thong which is tethered by rope to the other combatants thong.

First guy to throw his opponent and deliver a wedgie from hell by pulling up the strap wins.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Ultimo Necro said:

I don’t even want to know the real answer, in my head both competitors wear a thong which is tethered by rope to the other combatants thong.

First guy to throw his opponent and deliver a wedgie from hell by pulling up the strap wins.

That sounds hot.

Mercedes Mone

Spoiler

showed up at NJPW's Tokyo Dome WK 17 event.

She wore combined Leeloo tape style from the movie Fifth Element and Japan flag gear, and wore her own flag of Japan robe.

On 1/1/2023 at 9:33 PM, Mister TV said:

Severn and Furnas & Lafon wouldn’t have gotten over in the territory days, all three were black holes of charisma, they didn’t even have Brad Armstrong level of charisma. 

Dean Malenko stood out by being all business compared the flashiness of Jericho and The Luchadores. I think WWE could have made hay with a couple of stoic types in the attitude era if they wanted too

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zendragon said:

Dean Malenko stood out by being all business compared the flashiness of Jericho and The Luchadores. I think WWE could have made hay with a couple of stoic types in the attitude era if they wanted too

I mean, Steve Blackman managed to keep a job that era and if I recall correctly, he only started teaming with Al Snow in like 2000 or 2001.

although, stoic martial arts dude is a little different from Dean's gimmick

• Like 3

Didn’t they try some thing with Malenko where he’d dance and was a “ladies man” or some shit?

They had stoic guys in that era, and pretty much gave them all comedy gimmicks at some point or another. 

• Like 1

Just now, Log said:

Didn’t they try some thing with Malenko where he’d dance and was a “ladies man” or some shit?

They had stoic guys in that era, and pretty much gave them all comedy gimmicks at some point or another. 

The opening for Matt to discuss Malenko's theme.

4 minutes ago, Log said:

Yup:

• Thanks 1

For those that might not see the image - the WWE announced announced that Money in the Bank this year will take place in London (O2 Arena)

Saturday, July 1

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Eivion said:

AEW is debuting in the UK?

They confirmed a 2023 Debut will take place in November 2022 but no date for 2023 was announced.

Edited by porksweats
clarified date announced
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, porksweats said:

They confirmed a 2023 Debut will take place in November but no date was announced.

They could wait to find out what date the Jaguars play in London next year then announce it for then, TK can have a mega weekend.

Saturday Afternoon - Fulham FC 

Saturday Evening - AEW show

Sunday Afternoon - Jaguars

• Like 1

I don't think it'll have much of an effect.  My understanding is that WWE doesn't use non-compete agreements per se, rather their contracts have a 90-day notice period for termination, which is paid.

Getting rid of non-competes is an unequivocal good for pretty much every other employee in the country, though.

• Like 3