DVDVR Message Board

Rampage - 4/15/2022

Just now, Jiji said:

Between this and the "AEW doesn't know how to tell long-term stories" quip, I guess Bischoff was told he was done with AEW or something? lol.

TK made some comments about the people running wcw and their lack of foresight. I’m guessing Easy E didn’t like it.

Rampage feels like such a different show than Dynamite, and that’s a good thing. Just a super fun hour of wrestling. Wheeler Yuta is a made man. Ruby Soho has such an easy charisma. You can’t teach it. Adam Cole is a bore, but Hangman ruled ass. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Between this and the "AEW doesn't know how to tell long-term stories" quip, I guess Bischoff was told he was done with AEW or something? lol.

Forget that. I want somebody to ask Mr Controversy Creates Cash about how strongly he believes his catchphrases. 

Not Conrad. Someone else. 

Edited by John from Cincinnati
  • Like 4

Fun six man opener, the Gunn Club's 24-0 trios record comes to an end.

Cool to see Barrett Brown make his first AEW appearance even just to get squashed in 30 secs after numerous appearances in WWE.

For a second, I was legit buying that the Renegade Twins were gonna win via Twin Magic. If it was against anyone other than Ruby, I would've loved that for a shock tournament upset. As it is, I'm glad to see Ruby advance.

Great main event, another great Hangman title defense. Double blood, some nice spots, and an awesome finish. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Deliciously blasphemous finish aside, the MVP of that show was... Ruby Soho? Seriously, all her stuff looked good. Her dumb kick looked great. Her strikes looked snug. I think she took the criticisms to heart and put the work in. Props to the Renegades for being there for it.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Zimbra said:

I hope the guy in the front row with the "Reunite The Mars Volta" sign is having a good time.

I hope he goes home and has a good, hard think about what he's done.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, (BP) said:

I need singles matches between Billy and every member of BCC. 

I know he gets blown up easily and whatnot, but I gotta say, I bet Danielson could drag him to something legitimately good/watchable if they kept it short, like 6-7 minutes ending with a flash baisuku

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I know he gets blown up easily and whatnot, but I gotta say, I bet Danielson could drag him to something legitimately good/watchable if they kept it short, like 6-7 minutes ending with a flash baisuku

If anybody can carry/drag somebody to something worthwhile, it's Bryan Danielson.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I want to see Austin and Colten go after Wheeler Yuta to avenge their father's honor.  That would be the Mid-South thing to do.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, S.K.o.S. said:

I'm gonna assume Page bladed his chin, which is fantastic.

Same, and that’s fucking nuts because there are some serious arteries around there if you saw the wrong spot. Like if you mess up on the forehead you can obviously do some damage but blading on your chin is asking to be rushed to a hospital.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I wished earlier for Danielson to stiff the shit out of Billy Gunn. When they had their first exchange in the corner, it looked like after the first chop Gunn was laughing and saying “is that all you got” and boy howdy Danielson laid it in, and then took a super stiff elbow from Gunn in return. Meanwhile the announcers are talking about Gunn potatoing them, so I bet they enjoyed that exchange.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

It is 7PM EST and I am awake.  My body clock is slowly getting back to normal.  It has taken two days to readjust.  I hate graveyard shift.

I am digging the new mean streak that Yuta has.  Dude still needs to get some fucking boots and kickpads.  Gunn Club are at their stoogie best and are a great team to put against the debuting BCC.  It makes them so much easier to cheer for.  Yuta pins Billy Gunn clean as a sheet.  Not Colten or Austin.  Billy fucking Gunn.  How high are they on Wheeler Yuta?

Butcher kills some guy dead to remind us who he is.  I want to believe that The Butcher will provide some opposition to Wardlow, but the War Dog is going to kill that guy.

Natural vs. CM Punk.  I am all in.  

Hey!  Ruby Soho is in there against one of the Renegade Twins!  I think those are Thunder Rosa's proteges.  They have a fantastic feud going on with Madi Wrenkowski and Rache Chanel in Mission Pro.  Holy shit. the Renegade Twins are pulling the old Killer Bees swithcheroo.  I hate the Sister Abigail like most people hate the Overdrive / Play of the Day, but Ruby's looks like it might actually hurt.

I am enjoying watching Adam Page kick the shit out of Adam Cole a bit too much.  What is it about Adam Cole that makes me want to punch a kitten or set something on fire?  Cole is a really great guy, so isn't my hate for him actually the heel work doing its job?  It doesn't feel like it.  Excalubur chills my soul by reminding me that Orange Cassidy beat Cole in an unsanctioned match. Fuck.  Will this be Cole's night to win the title without Page being charged with a loss?  I sure hope not.  Both dude have the good taste to spew plasma in a Texas Death Match.  My inner ghoul is satisfied.  Did Adam Page just put a Crown of Thorns on Adam Cole on Good Friday?  FUCK YEAH~!  BY HIS BLOOD WE ARE SAVED~!

MILLION BILLION STARS~!

You and Dean and other basically said all I wanted to say, other than the glee I got from Danielson laying into Billy Gunn and the awesomely dangerous blading from Page.

Robyn Renegade’s had two TV matches with AEW and both have been excellent. Might be time to give her a push on Dark as a reward, or add more women’s matches to TV. That was the best I think I’ve seen from Ruby Soho, and whoever mentioned that it’s because she decided to try and match the stiffness from the other qualifiers may be on to something. I also think it helps make the very competitive Bunny-Toni Storm match less of an aberration and more of a “all of these competitors are bringing everything they have for this tournament”.

Speaking of the women, Dr. Baker might want to give her beau some lessons on putting on the crimson mask.

Finally, I didn’t have CM Punk - Dustin Rhodes on my AEW dream match list but I should have.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

For a second, I was legit buying that the Renegade Twins were gonna win via Twin Magic. If it was against anyone other than Ruby, I would've loved that for a shock tournament upset. As it is, I'm glad to see Ruby advance.

Has Charlotte had a qualifer yet?  I suspect the second try might be a Twin Win booking strategy worth exploring.  Yet another excellent show as expected.  

• Like 4