DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 3/9/22

This was a big night for the long term narrative. Inner Circle breakup, AHFO breakup, Pinnacle breakup (FTR face turn?), Hangman/Dark Order dissension, Elite dissension continues, Bryan/Mox/Regal superteam solidified.

Lots of shifting sands in AEW land tonight and I love it, especially the TNT title curveball (AEW needs more curveballs). Sammy deserved that shit for ghosting his boys in the opening segment.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Good show but damn.  how many segments were there?  21? Lol..

I missed the first half of the show.. so there weren't as many matches that went through a commercial break this week? or a lot of segments outside of matches?

I think 21 segments in 2 hours would be a quiet week of JCP's Saturday Night program

3 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Matt Hardy, Sting and Darby Allin getting beat up.

Jeff Hardy:

FNdBwUrVgAI-YKN?format=jpg&name=small

To be fair, Darby and Sting weren’t exactly in a hurry to rescue Matt Hardy either. I’ll give Jeff a pass because he’s likely excited as fuck. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Omigod, the best thing the show was Ethan Page crying after Scorpio Sky won the belts.  I LOVE the Vanzandt/Conti set-up.  I hope Isiah Kassidy is okay,  I saw he was limping off when Jeff Hardy showed up.  Speaking of which, I remember several long drives with Rippa and Schneider and TomK to North Carolina to see OMEGA.  Jeff Hardy is still vertical and mobile still is a testament to something.  Thunder Rosa versus Britt Baker in a cage should be good.  MAAAAAN, I am so into Bryan Danielson and Jon Moxley as a tagteam.  That was fucking intense.  Adam Page and Dante Martin was good.  PAc versus Wheeler Yuta was good.  A good night of wrestling.  YAY! AEW RULES THE WORLD! 

• Like 15

I feel the TNT Championship has been a bit of a mess since Miro dropped it: Eddie Kingston should have ended it but went to Sammy Guevara instead. with the Inner Circle taking up the most time. Then the Interim TNT Championship pitting Cody vs. Sammy, Sammy then drops it to Scorpio Sky so Sammy doesn't job to Wardlow next week. Sammy's better as a heel with his slapable face.

2 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

This was a big night for the long term narrative. Inner Circle breakup, AHFO breakup, Pinnacle breakup (FTR face turn?), Hangman/Dark Order dissension, Elite dissension continues, Bryan/Mox/Regal superteam solidified.

Lots of shifting sands in AEW land tonight and I love it, especially the TNT title curveball (AEW needs more curveballs). Sammy deserved that shit for ghosting his boys in the opening segment.

I for one am all for all of the factions dissolving.

The fans were hot for a surprise title change, but not the one that happened. Also, at some point the “stop the countout for 10 minutes when someone needs medical attention because of a table but then they are allowed to restart” has to stop. Sammy set the table up, it was his own damn fault, he doesn’t get a 10 minute rest and a restart (although I think they had to get something out of his eye).

Not sure why they made Thunder Rosa look so weak after a phantom pin AND submission against the champ at the PPV, and a week before what looks to finally be her title win, but they sure made her look weak.

The rest was generally great. Page-Dante was a really good sprint and they worked really well together, plus Dante got out over big time. Tag title match...looked to me like the fans would’ve been happy with a surprised Acclaimed win after that two-person driver move. Oh well.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

So if Tully isn't with FTR who could he get with? Please Coach, we need Tully Blanchard in our lives. 

He and Arn can whip Shotty and Brock into shape.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

That theme was available and they never used it in Impact, right? Most LOLTNA stuff in ages.

All of Jeff's TNA entrance songs were PeroxWHYgen songs. Even this one, where they just used the one line:

• Like 1