DVDVR Message Board

New User Names

Dewar

I fucking love Yetis so you guys arent allowed to be dicks with that name because it would make me sad

like seriously I have a yeti head sticker on my bumper and a sasquatch air freshner and a chewbacca hoodie

Chewbacca is like space bigfoot so he counts

• Like 2

I haven't changed my username since I started with it on local indy boards way back in 2000.  Don't fix what ain't broken, I says.  Similar opinion on my uber-ancient avatar pic; aside from briefly changing it to Akira Taue after an mind-meltingly retarded debate with Chris Coey about the aesthetics of Taue's chokeslam, you'll have to pry the same ol' Mr. Pogo pic out of my cold dead hands.  

I haven't changed my username since I started with it on local indy boards way back in 2000.  Don't fix what ain't broken, I says.  Similar opinion on my uber-ancient avatar pic; aside from briefly changing it to Akira Taue after an mind-meltingly retarded debate with Chris Coey about the aesthetics of Taue's chokeslam, you'll have to pry the same ol' Mr. Pogo pic out of my cold dead hands.  

You really weren't part of the wrestling scene back in the day if you never had a retarded argument with Chris Coey.

Also, that guy was a seriously messed up asshole.

You really weren't part of the wrestling scene back in the day if you never had a retarded argument with Chris Coey.

Yeah.  We don't need to belabor the point about what happened to him; hopefully he got the message that his shit does indeed stink just as bad as everyone else's.  And having him go crazy on you and throw an articulate tantrum was pretty much the same thing as "you ain't a real rassler until you've been chopped by Gypsy Joe" sort of initiating process.  

Is he the guy that was creepily obsessed with joshi?  I realize that could describe more than one person.

My name's Dog.

I ahve always been and probably always will e J.H.

What is the ratio of old green/yellow board members to board membes that came after?

I've always wondered just how many of us ol'timers are still around.

James

Although I did consider changing my name once the board got re upped because this alias is old as dirt (c. 1996) and some of you already know what my real name is anyway. I take comfort in keeping this name because of its longevity. Its so hard to believe its been so long ago since the green and yellow days.

"Evil Ash" was a really dated name which I've been thinking about changing for years, but I had trouble coming up with anything better. I briefly pondered "Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged" (or just "Wowbagger"), but decided against it. "Control" ain't too flashy, but it'll do; I was thinking of the head of the Circus in TINKER, TAILOR, SOLDIER, SPY, but also Edwin Walker's paranoid theory of the "Real Control Apparatus" and Deleuze's "Postscript on the Societies of Control."

I also lurked at the old green and yellow board, and posted once or twice.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...