DVDVR Message Board

Random stuff you remember that hardly anybody else does

BrianS81177

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

He guys - remember the time Randy Orton got hurt.

Or that time that Randy Orton got hurt.

Or that other time Randy Orton got hurt.

No, the OTHER time Randy Orton got hurt

The time he got hurt going through a table? Yup. 

1 minute ago, Playa Shunna Ver 3.0 said:

I also remember when Vince and HHH called him out for being small when he returned from an injury and they were in the beginning stages of the Wellness Era.

Randy tried to hide his smallness by wearing a larger suit, only to end up looking like David Byrne.

• Like 6

I definitely remember Randy cutting a promo in the ring in his Big Suit and Vince referring to his "stack of dimes" neck. 

Was it as shitty as Vince telling Rude that he was "looking a little small" when Rick had gotten off the gas to try to have a kid?  No but still, god damn.

EDIT: @Playa Shunna Ver 3.0 be me to it!  That video is even worse than I remembered.  It's no wonder Vince still lifts heavy.  He has body image issues that would make teen girls say, "dude, what the fuck?"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

I definitely remember Randy cutting a promo in the ring in his Big Suit and Vince referring to his "stack of dimes" neck. 

Was it as shitty as Vince telling Rude that he was "looking a little small" when Rick had gotten off the gas to try to have a kid?  No but still, god damn.

EDIT: @Playa Shunna Ver 3.0 be me to it!  That video is even worse than I remembered.  It's no wonder Vince still lifts heavy.  He has body image issues that would make teen girls say, "dude, what the fuck?"

I can't believe that "stack of dimes" crack was over a decade ago.

Speaking of Vince shitting on people, I don't know what brought this on but there was a Championship Wrestling squash match with some jobber who was 300 lbs or so (not Rusty Brooks) that Vince just went ballistic on.  He even made Bruno laugh for may be the only time ever.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I believe he also used the name Jimmy Backlund in WCW around the same time.

That was actually the name he used when he broke in down in Florida. I remember reading one of those "Introducing" features in one of the old Apter mags and it was about him. IIRC, he was the lightweight champ down there.

Seeing the talk about Jesus a couple pages back, you want to list scummy things the WWE has done...having him work a match with Cena with his neck all fucked up has to be at the top. I forget where I read it back then, but someone said it was so dangerous for him wrestle the match (a street fight no less), the WWE should have given him a job for life. It was one of those "a simple bump could paralyze" situations. So of course after he got his neck surgery he was promptly released because creative had nothing for him.

20 hours ago, Playa Shunna Ver 3.0 said:

I remember the RNN updates when Randy had his first WWE injury.  I also remember when Vince and HHH called him out for being small when he returned from an injury and they were in the beginning stages of the Wellness Era.  I also remember Randy smoking weed backstage and shitting in Diva's bags.

ORTON: VERY THANKFUL

• Like 1